Windows 10: How to change virtual memory on systems with different RAM via script?

Discus and support How to change virtual memory on systems with different RAM via script? in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; I have Win10 ENT 1809 systems with 8GB of RAM and now 16GB of RAM. How can I change the virtual memory via a script that reads the RAM amount and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by CruzJr, Jul 30, 2019.

1. CruzJr Win User

How to change virtual memory on systems with different RAM via script?

I have Win10 ENT 1809 systems with 8GB of RAM and now 16GB of RAM. How can I change the virtual memory via a script that reads the RAM amount and changes accordingly ? The WIM virtual memory is set for 8GB 12288/24576 and 16GB machines needs to be set at 24576/49152. I just need a script I can run in a task sequence after image deployment. Using MDT. HELP.

:)

CruzJr, Jul 30, 2019

2. Turn of Virtual memory?

I´ve done some benches and there is no difference
    My theory is, that the system do not use pageing when there is enough memory available..?

(there is an old thread inhere somewhere, about this subject.)

VulkanBros, Jul 30, 2019
  3. echo75 Win User
    Turn of Virtual memory?

if you google it , lots of litrature suggest turning of Page file (virtual memory) if you have enough RAM for example like i have 4GB with Win XP and have almost 1 GB reserve.

They claim that because the CPU can acess the RAM faster than it can acess the virtual memory in the hrd disk your system will be faster.

What do you guys think?

echo75, Jul 30, 2019
  4. How to change virtual memory on systems with different RAM via script?

Issues with total memory size of dedicated available RAM

Hello Gevorg,

Thank you for posting your concern in Microsoft Community an we regret for the inconvenience.

From the description provided, I understand that the motherboard you are using has 4 DIMM slots which supports up to 8 GB of dedicated RAM.

To be able to understand the issue better. let us know how are you viewing the total memory size of dedicated available RAM in your PC.

Now, in one case, if you are using more than one module of RAM, and the frequencies at which they operate are not the same. There will be two outcomes:

• The modules will conflict in terms of DIMM frequencies and it will declare memory failure.
    • Instead of downclocking one or more RAM/s, the motherboard will reject the ones from being accepted.

In order to ascertain if the hardware is correctly configured, I suggest you to check the system information in the BIOS settings. Refer to the manufacturer provided manual to know more about on how to access the BIOS settings.

In another scenario, your computer may also be allocating part of your RAM to other hardware modules, such as your network hardware.

As a secondary workout, I suggest you to increase the Virtual Memory and check if it helps. Follow the steps below.

• Click Windows key + R to open the RUN command utility and type
      msconfig.exe, then press ENTER.

• Click on Boot option and select advanced options.

• Check the maximum memory box and change the value accordingly.

• Click on Apply and Ok to save changes and click Restart the computer.

Hope the above information is helpful.

Thank You.

Sayan_Ghosh, Jul 30, 2019
Thema:

How to change virtual memory on systems with different RAM via script?

1. How to change virtual memory on systems with different RAM via script? - Similar Threads - change virtual memory

2. virtual memory change worries?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    virtual memory change worries?: What values should I keep in my virtual memory in Windows 10. I have 8GB of RAM.When I open the advanced settings it says on Windows C- I have available 43970grayed outThen below it says Total paging file size for all drives:Minimum allowed-- 16MBrecommended-- 1897...
  3. virtual memory change worries?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    virtual memory change worries?: What values should I keep in my virtual memory in Windows 10. I have 8GB of RAM.When I open the advanced settings it says on Windows C- I have available 43970grayed outThen below it says Total paging file size for all drives:Minimum allowed-- 16MBrecommended-- 1897...
  4. how do i change virtual memory

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    how do i change virtual memory: i need to know because im planning to delete page file .sys for... reasons dont ask just tell me please https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-change-virtual-memory/719f5cdd-33f5-4988-931c-7a67ebcf37c4
  5. Anyone know how to change this setting via script?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Anyone know how to change this setting via script?: [ATTACH] I switch this setting several times a day, and I'm hoping somebody has some insight on how to automate the process a bit. I've been trying to use Regshot to see if I can just make a couple key files, but I haven't yet found a specific key that leads to this....
  6. Add virtual ram to memory

in Windows 10 Customization
    Add virtual ram to memory: Hi, On my desktop I have a 16 Gb pagefile and 16Gb of ram which gives 32 Gb of memory. On my laptop I have tried to change the pagefile size to 18 Gb to get 24 Gb of memory with my 6 Gb ram. My pagefile is 18 Gb as showned in explorer C directory but my ram is still only 6...
  7. Virtual memory fix for 8gb ram

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Virtual memory fix for 8gb ram: I m using acer aspire 5 8 gb varient what is the best paging file size for pubg emulator..... Plz help me. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/virtual-memory-fix-for-8gb-ram/68fb864a-6eaa-49bb-8517-4875c9f369ce
  8. How to change virtual memory on systems with different RAM sizes via script ?

How to change virtual memory on systems with different RAM sizes via script ?: I have Win10 ENT 1809 systems with 8GB of RAM and now 16GB of RAM. How can I change the virtual memory via a script that reads the RAM amount and changes accordingly ? The WIM virtual memory is set for 8GB 12288/24576 and 16GB machines needs to be set at 24576/49152. I just...
  9. System RAM memory

System RAM memory: Hello all; ever since I have had this computer, I built it, I have had the problem of only being able to use 1/2 of the RAM installed. I have looked up ways to fix the problem with no solution. My motherboard is a MSI B75MA-E33 and I looked up what RAM was suggested for this...
  10. RAM Memory Change

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    RAM Memory Change: Sir, Can Anyone advise.I buy 2nd hand HP Elite book Folio 9470m at first when i buy i check the configuration of RAM it was 8 GB with 500 GB HDD then after a few days My laptop suddenly appears Bootable Disc Not Found i learned from Comp.Technician that my HDD have...