Windows 10: How to Change Wallpaper automatically with Task Scheduler

Discus and support How to Change Wallpaper automatically with Task Scheduler in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; I tried making a script in task scheduler that would automatically change my wallpaper. Here is the script which i saved as a .vbs file for task... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/Hvilke, Jun 4, 2020.

1. /u/Hvilke Win User

How to Change Wallpaper automatically with Task Scheduler

I tried making a script in task scheduler that would automatically change my wallpaper. Here is the script which i saved as a .vbs file for task scheduler to run:

dim shell

Set shell = WScript.CreateObject("WScript.Shell")

wallpaper = "C:\path\to\wallpaper.jpg"

shell.RegWrite "HKCU\Control Panel\Desktop\Wallpaper", wallpaper

shell.Run "%windir%\System32\RUNDLL32.EXE user32.dll,UpdatePerUserSystemParameters", 1, True

The script is from this forum post if you want to check it out.

Problem is, when I run the task all that happens is that a window comes up and asks "How do you want to open this file?". How do I fix this and make a task that I can set to change my wallpaper on a specific schedule?

Also, I know about DisplayFusion and other 3rdparty programs. But I don't want to use these, so no need to suggest programs that do this.

submitted by /u/Hvilke
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/Hvilke, Jun 4, 2020

2. Task Scheduler with error message The selected task »CreateChoiceProcessTask« no longer exists

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community. Let me assist you.

I suggest you to clear the task from Task Scheduler using the below steps and check if the issue still persists.

Steps:-

• Type Task Scheduler on Search bar.
    • Click on Task Scheduler Library.
    • Select the particular task and right click on it.
    • Select End.

Hope this information is helpful. Please do let us know if you need further assistance, we’ll be glad to assist you.

Pawan Dhondiyal, Jun 8, 2020
  3. Unable to run Task Scheduler

Hello Varun,

Let's determine the cause of the issue. To get started, I'd like to get the following information:

• Is this your first time to encounter this issue? If so, did you make any changes to your computer's configuration prior to this?
    • Are you getting any error messages?
    • Can you also please confirm the current build of your Windows 10?

(Type winver into the Cortana search box, then hit
      Enter
      .)

Meanwhile, I suggest that you try starting the Task Scheduler through command line. To do so, please follow these steps:

• Open Command Prompt (Admin).
    • Type this net start task scheduler and hit Enter.

We're looking forward to your response.

Antoneth Ber, Jun 8, 2020
  4. How to Change Wallpaper automatically with Task Scheduler

Task Scheduler no change possible

Hi Jay,

For us to isolate the issue with modifying task scheduler, we would like to know the following:

• Were there any changes made on your computer prior to the issue (e.g., updates, software installation)?
    • Are you getting any error messages? If yes, what is the exact error message?
    • To make sure that we have not missed on anything, what troubleshooting steps have you done so far?

As an initial troubleshooting, we suggest that you create a new user profile,
    and check if the issue still persists.

We look forward to your response.

Michael Gall, Jun 8, 2020
Thema:

How to Change Wallpaper automatically with Task Scheduler

1. How to Change Wallpaper automatically with Task Scheduler - Similar Threads - Change Wallpaper automatically

2. How to reset Task scheduler?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to reset Task scheduler?: I would like to know on how to reset Task scheduler, so every existing task is deleted and I can recreate a new taskDoes anyone have any suggestions?Thanks in advance...
  3. How to delay a Scheduled Task in Windows 10 Task Scheduler

in Windows 10 News
    How to delay a Scheduled Task in Windows 10 Task Scheduler: [ATTACH]People who use their Windows 10 computer as a professional resort must know what an important role the Task Scheduler can play. Deploying your efforts in work may require you to perform certain tasks daily, and you can create and automate these tasks with the help of...
  4. Wallpaper automatically changing

in Windows 10 Customization
    Wallpaper automatically changing: I just opened my laptop which has window's 10 and my wallpepar automatically changed to a very creepy picture...i haven't even seen this pic in my intire lifetime but still smh it has automatically became my desktop wallpaper as well as lockscreen wallpaper. Can someone plz...
  5. HOW TO SCHEDULE A TASK

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    HOW TO SCHEDULE A TASK: HELLO, I NEED TO LEARN HOW TO SCHEDULE A TASK TO RUN AUTOMATICALLY AT A CERTAIN HOUR IN WINDOWS 10. THANKS. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-schedule-a-task/c6df2696-878b-4354-a0cf-fa2143a4f318
  6. Windows task scheduler not running automatically at schedule time.

Windows task scheduler not running automatically at schedule time.: Hi I am creating windows task scheduler using windows forms app in c# and library i used is Microsoft.Win32.TaskScheduler. Task is getting created successfully and account to execute this task is NT AUTHORITY\SYSTEM. But, task does not run automatically at scheduled...
  7. Change target program in Task Scheduler

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Change target program in Task Scheduler: It blows my mind to no end that MS has never made an easy to use task scheduler in Windows. I went through the convoluted steps in Task Scheduler to start a program a sound at a certain time daily. I would like REALLY to change that target program to start another program....
  8. Lockscreen wallpaper changes automatically

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Lockscreen wallpaper changes automatically: I use windows 10 home. I have my lockscreen wallpaper set to picture mode and i have no clue how this keeps changing to some other random picture which i never had on my device before. it keeps happening with two pictures only, i have not seen it change to any other than...
  9. wallpaper changes automatically

wallpaper changes automatically: my system wallpaper is changing automatically when connected to the internet. please give me a solution how to stop that https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-start-win_desk/wallpaper-changes-automatically/d113459d-6f87-4bb6-9519-249aa2c9b74f
  10. How to disable/delete scheduled tasks automatically when rebooting?

in Windows 10 Support
    How to disable/delete scheduled tasks automatically when rebooting?: I have several scheduled tasks from an app that keep reappearing in task scheduler with each reboot. If I disable them or even delete them they just reappear each time I reboot my PC. If I disable them they stay disabled until the next reboot. Is it possible to set up a...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. Open wallpepar setting

2. www.windowsphoneinfo.com

3. windwos 11 set wallpaper task scheduler

4. windows wallpaper scheduler