Windows 10: How to change Welcome screen - Windows 10 Anniversary

Discus and support How to change Welcome screen - Windows 10 Anniversary in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I have looked at many threads here and other places. I don't seem to find the solution. There are 4 places a photo can be displayed as the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by jw52, Dec 8, 2016.

1. jw52 Win User

How to change Welcome screen - Windows 10 Anniversary

I have looked at many threads here and other places. I don't seem to find the solution.

There are 4 places a photo can be displayed as the background.

1) At start up - a photo comes up (it is a MS photo - not one of mine). This ONLY happens at a cold start
    2) There is a photo that comes up when you lock the computer (Win-L or timed lock)
    3) There is a photo that is the background for the log in screen (not the small round icon, but the full background)
    4) The desktop of course - but that isn't my issue.....

I have been able to set 2 and 3 (and the small round icon) to the photo I would like. However, I cannot find any place to change the one that comes up after a cold start. It used to be the Beach photo - but has recently changed to something that looks like a yurt.

How can I turn off the one that comes up after a cold start - or can it be changed to something else? I'd be happy at this point if I could get back to the beach and off the yurt. But truthfully, I'd rather have my photo (or nothing at all).

Thanks in advance for any ideas!

:)

jw52, Dec 8, 2016

2. Windows 10 Anniversary Upadate

Tried to update windows 10 to the anniversary edition on my computer (ToshibaL670-BT2N22). The anniversary edition restarts and appears to updated as stated.
    However, Windows (circle) is in a continuous loop and will not go to the welcome screen. The screen is blank and there is a circle on the screen that has
    a loop for the past four (4) hours. Then I attempted to use the restore feature and that has not worked either. How can I resolve this problem?

Veraperkins, Dec 8, 2016
  3. ArnBurk Win User
    how do I rid myself of the annoying Windows 10 splash screen on boot up. The no gui boot is not working

Apparently I want to top the Lock Screen, not the Splash Screen. However, according to this article the registry change I previously mentioned no longer works in Windows 10 Anniversary Edition.

How to disable the Windows 10 lock screen

ArnBurk, Dec 8, 2016
  4. dalchina New Member

dalchina, Dec 8, 2016
  5. jw52 Win User
    Thank you for your reply. I had already seen both of those threads. They seem to work in the previous version (NOT anniversary). But just in case - I tried them and still same issue. The screen shot you showed - is NOT the place I am having issues. All the tweaks change the lock screen photo - and that one is just as I want it. I need to change the WELCOME screen. Oh well, I will keep searching. I see lots of places explaining how to address the issue with Regedit - but they do not work in anniverary edition. I have everything just the way I want it - but that darn welcome YURT! that comes after a reboot or cold start.

Thanks anyway!

6. dalchina New Member
    Does anyone know what the OP is referring to? Is it this?
    "a Welcome screen when a computer is part of a homegroup or workgroup"?

Windows terminology uses it that way, as distinct from the Logon screen.

If so I've not seen anything about it. Anyone? Thanks.
    =====================================

I think you mean what is properly termed the default lock screen.
    Does this help?

How to change Welcome screen - Windows 10 Anniversary [​IMG]

And see this tutorial where Shawn Brink explains the two different lock screens much better than I can.
    Lock Screen Background - Change in Windows 10

Note: I see the same image in all cases.. except the lock screen from restart does not show 'Like what you see'

dalchina, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. How to change Welcome screen - Windows 10 Anniversary - Similar Threads - change Welcome screen

2. How to change name on welcome screen?

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    How to change name on welcome screen?: My name on the welcome screen is User. I do not know how to change it! Does anyone know? I have already tried to edit my name and have changed it multiple times to see if that was it and it wasn't. Please help!...
  3. How to change name on welcome screen?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to change name on welcome screen?: My name on the welcome screen is User. I do not know how to change it! Does anyone know? I have already tried to edit my name and have changed it multiple times to see if that was it and it wasn't. Please help!...
  4. How to change name on welcome screen?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. how to change username on welcome screen

in Windows 10 Gaming
    how to change username on welcome screen: after turning laptop on, screen with date/time appears, enter, then screen with username/PIN. USERNAME IS SPELLED WRONG. Unable to access to enter any information or request change. Need to correct username ....
  6. how to change username on welcome screen

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    how to change username on welcome screen: after turning laptop on, screen with date/time appears, enter, then screen with username/PIN. USERNAME IS SPELLED WRONG. Unable to access to enter any information or request change. Need to correct username ....
  7. how to change username on welcome screen

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  8. HOW TO CHANGE NAME ON WELCOME SCREEN WINDOWS 10

HOW TO CHANGE NAME ON WELCOME SCREEN WINDOWS 10: Used my partner's computer to sign into Word Pad, this changed the name on my computer at the welcome screen, and also in my Microsoft account. Have fixed the name in my Microsoft Account, BUT HIS NAME STILL ON WELCOME SCREEN. Love him dearly would really like to have my own...
  9. How to Change Welcome Screen Background in Windows 10

How to Change Welcome Screen Background in Windows 10: I've been trying to change what I thought was my lock screen and I even have it set as such: [ATTACH] However, when I turn my computer on, I always have this (or sometimes is the lake/mountains scene): [IMG] The roses picture shown on my lock screen settings is what I...
  10. How to change "Welcome"-screen?

in Windows 10 Customization
    How to change "Welcome"-screen?: Greetings. I know how to change the lock-screen, and the background-screen. But how do I change the "Welcome"-screen? It is the screen showing "Welcome" after you have typed the password to log into windows. I want another look that suits my colorscheme better, but I can't...