Windows 10: How to change which apps to be used to play video and music in Preview Pane, but not...

Discus and support How to change which apps to be used to play video and music in Preview Pane, but not... in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; Hi there. I've just reinstall my Windows from 2004 to 20H2, cause last time, when I try to update to the 20H2 version, the taskbar doesn't work and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by ABAL1412, Feb 27, 2022.

1. ABAL1412 Win User

How to change which apps to be used to play video and music in Preview Pane, but not...

Hi there. I've just reinstall my Windows from 2004 to 20H2, cause last time, when I try to update to the 20H2 version, the taskbar doesn't work and uninstall update doesn't fix that bug, so I have to reinstall it. I realize that preview pane in File Explorer isn't the same as the version I use before. In the 2004 version, the preview pane just use Windows Media Player to play the video and the music, although the default app for video and music is MPC-HC. But this time, it keeps changing the program to use in preview pane to default app. The most annoying thing is that MPC-HC just show the thu

:)

ABAL1412, Feb 27, 2022
  2. Eclassbud Win User

Video in the preview pane

Aileen,

Thank you so much for your reply.

What I really need to know is how get the video to play in the preview pane. Prior to Windows 10, this worked wonderfully and was an asset. Now, it requires making changes to the Windows registry - not recommended due to the enormous amount of issues with
    Windows 10.

Any other suggestions?

Eclassbud, Feb 27, 2022
  3. Windows 7 Preview Pane

I use the preview pane quite often so I can watch videos without having to launch an application to play them. I do this with mostly with tutorials. Most of the tutorials were in quicktime format; quicktime takes a significant amount of time to open on my system, so I used format factory to change them into MP4's (they will play in the preview pane). Just out of boredom, I installed a new convert, called CoverterLite. Now every single video that I converted causes WMP to crash even inside the preview pane. If I were to change my default media player would that affect to preview pane as well? Or does it require so registry editing?

GoFigureItOut, Feb 27, 2022
  4. How to change which apps to be used to play video and music in Preview Pane, but not...

Video in the preview pane

Hi,

To enable the Preview pane, open File Explorer and follow these steps:

• In the File Explorer window, click the View
      tab.

• In the Panes section, click the Preview Pane button. The Preview pane is added to the right side of the File Explorer window.

• Select several files one by one to preview their contents. You can preview their contents if they are text, images, or videos.

Let us know if you need further assistance.

Aileen Alf, Feb 27, 2022
Thema:

How to change which apps to be used to play video and music in Preview Pane, but not...

1. How to change which apps to be used to play video and music in Preview Pane, but not... - Similar Threads - change apps used

2. Change app for file explorer preview pane

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Change app for file explorer preview pane: Hello,is there a way of changing the app used to render the file preview in file explorer without changing the default app for that type of files?The problem is the known "file is already opened...." error when using Adobe Acrobat Pro but i cannot find any solution besides...
  3. Change app for file explorer preview pane

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Change app for file explorer preview pane: Hello,is there a way of changing the app used to render the file preview in file explorer without changing the default app for that type of files?The problem is the known "file is already opened...." error when using Adobe Acrobat Pro but i cannot find any solution besides...
  4. Change app for file explorer preview pane

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  5. How to change which apps to be used to play video and music in Preview Pane, but not...

How to change which apps to be used to play video and music in Preview Pane, but not...: Hi there. I've just reinstall my Windows from 2004 to 20H2, cause last time, when I try to update to the 20H2 version, the taskbar doesn't work and uninstall update doesn't fix that bug, so I have to reinstall it. I realize that preview pane in File Explorer isn't the same as...
  6. How to change which apps to use in Preview Pane, but not changing the default programs?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to change which apps to use in Preview Pane, but not changing the default programs?: Hi there. I've just reinstall my Windows from 2004 to 20H2, cause last time, when I try to update to the 20H2 version, the taskbar doesn't work and uninstall update doesn't fix that bug, so I have to reinstall it. I realize that preview pane in File Explorer isn't the same as...
  7. How to change which apps to use in Preview Pane, but not changing the default programs?

How to change which apps to use in Preview Pane, but not changing the default programs?: Hi there. I've just reinstall my Windows from 2004 to 20H2, cause last time, when I try to update to the 20H2 version, the taskbar doesn't work and uninstall update doesn't fix that bug, so I have to reinstall it. I realize that preview pane in File Explorer isn't the same as...
  8. Can't play videos or music with W10 Media or music or video apps

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Can't play videos or music with W10 Media or music or video apps: I'm looking for suggestions how to troubleshoot a video problem in W10. When I try to play mp3/4 videos with either W10 Media Player or the VLC app, videos are either choppy and stop after a few seconds, or in the case with VLC, the app just flashes. I've uninstalled/clean...
  9. Why cant I preview video or music with the default media player in the preview pane?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Why cant I preview video or music with the default media player in the preview pane?: Why can't I preview video with the default media player? The only media player that allows me to do that in windows is the deprecated Windows Media Player. Why is the newest default media player supplied by Windows 10 in the newest updates unable to use the preview pane for...
  10. Music and Video Preview apps

Music and Video Preview apps: The links on MS pages don't seem to take you to the correct place. You get what looks like a good link, but pressing the [install] button just starts spinning the wait icon. I had to go to the Store (beta) and search for Preview, then press view all > in the apps list...