Windows 10: How to change who has access to files

Discus and support How to change who has access to files in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; I recently noticed that some my files had my yahoo.com account as a user. I don't recall ever authorizing yahoo.com to do this. I was able to remove... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by OleDad, Jan 21, 2020.

1. OleDad Win User

How to change who has access to files

I recently noticed that some my files had my yahoo.com account as a user. I don't recall ever authorizing yahoo.com to do this. I was able to remove yahoo.com as a user on several files using disinherit. I have no idea how many files on my PC have my yahoo.com account as a user.

1. what did I do that permitted yahoo.com to gain access to my files ?

2. is there a better way to remove my yahoo.com account from my files ?

3. how do I prevent yahoo.com from gaining access to my files from now on ?

Regards - OleDad

:)

OleDad, Jan 21, 2020

2. Edge Search Does Not Permit Change of Region

I got these suggestions from the Microsoft Community forum.No. 1 worked for me:

Thank you for posting the query on Microsoft Community. I am glad to assist you on this.
    We have reproduce the issue here and we are able to access non-regional search for google using Microsoft Edge.
    I would suggest you to try the below steps and check if it helps.
    Step 1:
    Clear browsing data option of Microsoft Edge and check if you face the issue. To do so perform the steps below.

1. Click on the More actions icon next to the feedback icon present on top right corner of the Project Spartan homepage.
    2. Select Settings and click on Choose what to clear.
    3. Check the boxes Browsing history, Cookies and saved website data and Cached data and files and click on Clear.
    Step 2:
    I suggest you to create a new user account and check if the issue occurs.

1. Go to Settings.
    2. Choose Accounts and then select Family and other users.
    3. Select add someone else on this PC.
    4. Enter a user name and hit next.
    5. Click on Finish.
    6. Sign out from the current Account and Log into the new account.
    Step 3:
    It could also happen because of network issue. I suggest you to try with different network connection and check if it helps.

hurricane51, Jan 21, 2020
  3. DRDNA Win User
    Recover access database

Looks like you will need to rebuild the whole thing but at least you have the data still, right?
    EDIT: Wait did you try this?

Convert a database to the Access 2007 file format

http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/a...-the-access-2007-file-format-HA010048406.aspx

You cannot convert a replicated database to the Office Access 2007 file format. However, you can use Access 2007 to create a replica of a database that is formatted in either the Access 2000 or the Access 2002 - 2003 file format.

More copy and paste:
    [paste:font size="5"]Convert an Access 97 database, Convert an Access 95 database, or Convert an Access 2.0 database.
    • Click the Microsoft Office Button
      How to change who has access to files [​IMG]
      , point to Save As, and then, under Save the database in another format, click the file format to which you want to convert.
    • If any database objects are open when you use the Save Database As command, Access prompts you to close them prior to creating the copy. Click Yes to make Access close the objects, or click No to cancel the entire process. If needed, Access will also prompt you to save any changes.
    • In the Save As dialog box, type a file name in the File name box, and then click Save.
    Access creates the copy of the database, and then opens the copy. Access automatically closes the original database.

Here is a short and sweet version: http://www.ehow.com/how_7339817_convert-2003-database-access-2007.html

DRDNA, Jan 21, 2020
  4. Sasqui Win User

Overclocking / Undervolting guide for Vega 56 or 64?

Here's a quick laundry list:

List of software to use for overclocking and testing
    Examples:
    Wattman (and how to find and use it, like an overview, including profiles)
    Unigine Valley or Heaven (use this for quick testing while changing settings in Wattman and checking for stability / artifacts) ...just suggesting this
    How to monitor cores / mem speeds and temps during testing (I've seen screen overlays, and others using GPUz)

Step-by step overclocking in Wattman
    Fan speeds
    Power limit
    Temp limit
    Voltages
    Core speeds
    Memory speeds

Sasqui, Jan 21, 2020
Thema:

1. How to change who has access to files - Similar Threads - change has access

2. No one has access to a file?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    No one has access to a file?: i was messing around with icacls and chatgpt i accidently lock myself out of python anytime i try running anything, i make it worse try deleting all thje files 1 file named python.exe in windowsapps wont go i ask chatgpt who was the one who did thisi n the first place THEY...
  3. The "open file" dialog doesn't show who has the file open.

The "open file" dialog doesn't show who has the file open.: I recently had an issue where a user couldn't delete a file because it was open. The "open file" dialog typically says what user has the file open, but this time it did not. Is there a reason why it wouldn't show who had the file open? The end user wants to know what we can...
  4. The "open file" dialog doesn't show who has the file open.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    The "open file" dialog doesn't show who has the file open.: I recently had an issue where a user couldn't delete a file because it was open. The "open file" dialog typically says what user has the file open, but this time it did not. Is there a reason why it wouldn't show who had the file open? The end user wants to know what we can...
  5. The "open file" dialog doesn't show who has the file open.

in Windows 10 Gaming
  6. HOW TO FIND WHO IS ACCESSING AN "ACCOUNT UNKNOWN"

HOW TO FIND WHO IS ACCESSING AN "ACCOUNT UNKNOWN": How do I find out who the Account Unknown is? How do I find out anything about this Account Unknown.Thank you https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-find-who-is-accessing-an-account-unknown/2095ea36-49b8-4efc-8728-1afc58fc7bed
  7. HOW TO FIND WHO IS ACCESSING AN "ACCOUNT UNKNOWN"

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    HOW TO FIND WHO IS ACCESSING AN "ACCOUNT UNKNOWN": How do I find out who the Account Unknown is? How do I find out anything about this Account Unknown.Thank you https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-find-who-is-accessing-an-account-unknown/2095ea36-49b8-4efc-8728-1afc58fc7bed
  8. HOW TO FIND WHO IS ACCESSING AN "ACCOUNT UNKNOWN"

in Windows 10 Gaming
  9. How Do I Find The Person Who Has Remote Access To My Computer?

How Do I Find The Person Who Has Remote Access To My Computer?: I get the feeling that someone is reconfiguring software on my computer because it does not act correctly. Now, I have searched in Network Discovery for years to see why this was going on and I have sought Tech help, reset my computer more then enough to know that this is...
  10. .COHAROS FILE .Who else has experienced this before?

.COHAROS FILE .Who else has experienced this before?: [ATTACH] My system jpg,png,doc,mp3,wav,rar,pdf files all replacd with the .coharos file. How do i remove the file and fix the folders? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/all/coharos-file-who-else-has-experienced-this-before/050adacb-e335-4322-9f9e-0fb8cbf17e36