Windows 10: How to change width of toolbars

Discus and support How to change width of toolbars in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hi im using DU Meter for showing internet stats as a toolbar, but at 4k resolution the toolbar gets distorted. It does not have enough width, the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by dusty071, Jul 22, 2016.

1. dusty071 Win User

How to change width of toolbars

Hi im using DU Meter for showing internet stats as a toolbar, but at 4k resolution the toolbar gets distorted. It does not have enough width, the numbers get cut off.

Does anyone know how to change the size of toolbars? They are called task bands i think but i havent found a way to edit them. Thanks.

This is how it should be:
    How to change width of toolbars [​IMG]

This is how it is on 4k:
    How to change width of toolbars [​IMG]

:)

dusty071, Jul 22, 2016

2. How to change the size / width of my cursor/ insertion line

Thank you for sharing.

JosephBrady, Jul 22, 2016
  3. How to change the size / width of my cursor/ insertion line

No, this is incorrect for the question that was asked:

I found a much simpler method.

1. Open SETTINGS

2. Select EASE OF ACCESS (help for visually and hearing-impaired users)

3. Select MOUSE

4. Select POINTER SIZE.

5. Select largest size. This not only increases the size of the pointer, but also increases the length & width of the cursor.

The question was about making the cursor narrower, not wider.

Also, Windows 10 has made things harder.

Under "Ease of Access", you have to select OTHER OPTIONS.

(That is really self-explanatory --Huh ???)

Finally, you will find a slide-bar for "Cursor Thickness".

If you just go to the Control Panel and do a search for "Cursor", it will never tell you to go here under "Other Options".

A respectable search function would show you Each And Every place that the word "cursor" appears. Get with it, Microsoft!

Dale A. Wood, Jul 22, 2016
  4. Brink
    Brink New Member

Brink, Jul 22, 2016
  5. Rocky Win User
    I wonder if that worked for him.

Rocky, Jul 22, 2016
  6. dusty071 Win User
    Yeah there i was googling for registry tweaks and band object programming, searching for toolbar width. But i never thought about unlocking the taskbar haha, there was no reason to do it in 10 years until now. I guess i just became an example of overthinking a simple problem.

dusty071, Jul 22, 2016
  7. Brink
    Brink New Member
    Great news Dusty. I'm glad that was able to help. *Party

Brink, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. How to change width of toolbars - Similar Threads - change width toolbars

2. Toolbar changing size

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Toolbar changing size: when using excel in sharepoint my toolbars change size when I enlarge or shrink my document view size. This means I sometimes I can't read the tool bar. How do I fix the size of the toolbar?...
  3. Updates and changes to toolbar

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Updates and changes to toolbar: Hi All -Despite doing pretty much everything I can think of doing along with advice by others more knowledgeable, MS continues to apply updates whenever they choose, often when it is most inconvenient. During presentation using my laptop for example. Too often these updates...
  4. Updates and changes to toolbar

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Updates and changes to toolbar: Hi All -Despite doing pretty much everything I can think of doing along with advice by others more knowledgeable, MS continues to apply updates whenever they choose, often when it is most inconvenient. During presentation using my laptop for example. Too often these updates...
  5. How to change address bar width in Edge?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How to change address bar width in Edge?: [IMG] I have a major problem; Edge shrinks the address bar down to accommodate buttons for addons: https://preview.redd.it/2z6dd15z2du81.png?width=2562&format=png&auto=webp&s=f68e39b6e448ad2ca49fc8cb1023ae5ac32a8944 It makes it impossible to see the URL. I suppose I...
  6. how to change border widths under win10 pro

in Windows 10 Customization
    how to change border widths under win10 pro: Hi y'all, how do you change border widths under win10 pro? Brgds https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-change-border-widths-under-win10-pro/d77f8676-54c5-4948-9355-a716f7654841
  7. How to change screen resolution-width,Height,depth

How to change screen resolution-width,Height,depth: Hi , I want to change resolution in windows 10 "ResolutionWidth": 1280, "ResolutionHeight": 1024, "ResolutionDepth": 32 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-change-screen-resolution-widthheightdepth/0d4798aa-d2f3-4d69-a30b-65c66a069e43
  8. Change the width of the cursor

in Windows 10 Support
    Change the width of the cursor: How to change the width of the cursor ascii 124 (vertical line). 134665
  9. How to change the width of the "Start Menu" scrollbar?

How to change the width of the "Start Menu" scrollbar?: In Windows 10 desktop. At the moment it is too thin to instantly hit with the mouse. I this a user-settable personalization? Thanks. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-change-the-width-of-the-start-menu/1b7186da-39fc-452f-a18b-6b869980bc72
  10. How to change width of clock display

How to change width of clock display: Ever since the anniversary update my clock has not been able to fully display the date and time. [img] I use 1st Clock Taskbar clock and there has not been a problem before. Is there a way of increasing the size of the area to display the info the clock is...