Windows 10: How to change wifi password on Windows 10 without deleting it?

Discus and support How to change wifi password on Windows 10 without deleting it? in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; It seems in W10 it is impossible to just change the password for a wifi. Now, my credentials have changed, though I cannot just change the password.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by SörenWacker, Aug 23, 2018.

1. How to change wifi password on Windows 10 without deleting it?

It seems in W10 it is impossible to just change the password for a wifi. Now, my credentials have changed, though I cannot just change the password. Instead, I have to forget the network and set it up all from scratch. That is very ridiculous. It involves setting up user name and other settings, that I don't always know by heart.

:)

SörenWacker, Aug 23, 2018

2. Phone won't connect if I change wifi password

I'm sure I had tried that. Anyway, I did it again (deleted the connection, changed wifi password, did a wifi search, inputted new password) and it didn't work.
    It connects only if I change the password back to the original one, even though after doing the above I have to type the old password manually.

Black Panther, Aug 23, 2018
  3. Phone won't connect if I change wifi password

This post states that you did'nt Apply the router config after changing the password.

Possible the router memory is bad or not saving new setting
    Change the password reboot the router , check after in router if new password saved
    If not, reset router to factory default and re setup
    check if setting saved after reboot

If do change router password the network will need to be deleted off phone and connect again (or it trying to connect to old saved wifi password ) or could manually change it on phone and save ( as others have stated )

home network
    Wlan
    Configure

Change password and apply , Make sure "Allow new Devices - set to -new stations are allowed (automatically) "

Using same router myself , Free from ISP not the greatest at all *Wink How to change wifi password on Windows 10 without deleting it? ;)

SnakeDoctor, Aug 23, 2018
  4. NavyLCDR Win User

How to change wifi password on Windows 10 without deleting it?

Help with changing wifi password?

No. That will NOT change your WiFi password. The router administration password and WiFi password are two completely different passwords.

NavyLCDR, Aug 23, 2018
Thema:

How to change wifi password on Windows 10 without deleting it?

1. How to change wifi password on Windows 10 without deleting it? - Similar Threads - change wifi password

2. How to change wifi password in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to change wifi password in Windows 10: Seems that many people wonder how to do this and no simple answer exists..Just click the internet access icon on the right at the bottom bar.Click the connection you want to change the password for.Unhook "connect automatically".Then when you click "connect...
  3. How to change wifi password in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to change wifi password in Windows 10: Seems that many people wonder how to do this and no simple answer exists..Just click the internet access icon on the right at the bottom bar.Click the connection you want to change the password for.Unhook "connect automatically".Then when you click "connect...
  4. How to change wifi password in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  5. Change of WiFi password

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Change of WiFi password: I have two printers connected wirelessly to my computer via WiFi.If I change the WiFi password, is there a way to update the password in the printers or do I need re-install the printers?Thanks...
  6. Change Windows 10 WiFi password WITHOUT FORGETTING NETWORK

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Change Windows 10 WiFi password WITHOUT FORGETTING NETWORK: Is it just me or does Windows 10 make it an absolute nightmare to change a previously saved password? Unfortunately we have rotating ridiculous passwords like: L<[_[)hKZs==wMW`2qB/ysE4Cr$L]~nJdG@_(CyHQP.7UxuyUaj&F{tD~?zdQ But it also requires a user ID that is complex -...
  7. HOW TO CHANGE WIFI PASSWORD ON WINDOWS 10

in Windows 10 Customization
    HOW TO CHANGE WIFI PASSWORD ON WINDOWS 10: How in the hell do you change the wifi password on windows 10? This "forget" nonsense doesn't work. It doesn't ask me for a password next time I try to use that wifi connection. WHY ISN'T THERE JUST A CHANGE/UPDATE PASSWORD OPTION WITH A SIMPLE RIGHT CLICK ON THE...
  8. Change Remove Hide Windows 10 Password hint without changing password

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Change Remove Hide Windows 10 Password hint without changing password: Dear Windows Users, I saw this topic addressed several times but with no actual answer. This link gives a solution to change or remove the password hint WITHOUT having to change your password through RegEdit :...
  9. Changing WIFI password

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Changing WIFI password: I am using a HP laptop with windows 10. How do I change the password to my WIFI? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/changing-wifi-password/ea31a3ae-9b5b-46c1-a381-45bd8eb3eaf7
  10. using windows 10 - want to change wifi password - how?

in Windows 10 Customization
    using windows 10 - want to change wifi password - how?: using windows 10 - HP Pavillion - want to change my wifi password - how do I do this?? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-other_settings/using-windows-10-want-to-change-wifi-password-how/f27267fc-2b2c-43ad-a3ee-d253cb3000ab