Windows 10: How to change Windows 10 Borders Like Windows 7?

Discus and support How to change Windows 10 Borders Like Windows 7? in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I used windows 7 and it was great. But laptop went bad so had to get a new one. I got a new laptop that uses windows 10. First off, i do not like how... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by paulyjustin, Oct 7, 2016.

1. How to change Windows 10 Borders Like Windows 7?

I used windows 7 and it was great. But laptop went bad so had to get a new one. I got a new laptop that uses windows 10. First off, i do not like how the borders are. With windows 7, i believe i used Aeros? Im not sure how to say this but basically it was like a clear/glass look etc on the border/edges?

I do not like how the borders look on windows 10. Can someone tell me how to fix this issue on windows 10 and make it like windows 7? Not sure if its the Aeros or not but my previous setup on windows 7 the borders were clear.

:)

paulyjustin, Oct 7, 2016

2. How to set the correct resolution in Windows 10

Original title: Windows 10

I have Windows 10 and I have some difficulty determining how to find things I could find easily on Windows 7.

When I started my computer this morning, the desktop had been magnified along with all the icons and my Word application now is border to border with no "space" like it had last night. I did not knowingly change anything with respect to resolution.

How do I get back a smaller picture (greater resolution)? This is very annoying about Windows 10.

rontalcott, Oct 7, 2016
  3. Change the Color of Individual Live Tiles Windows 10

Change the color of the Start menu, taskbar and window borders

How to customize the Windows 10 Start menu

Use the Feedback app to request option to change Color of Tiles (individually).

Smittychat., Oct 7, 2016
  4. How to change Windows 10 Borders Like Windows 7?

Also is there a way to get the start menu like windows 7? the way this whole windows 10 looks is just not something i like.

paulyjustin, Oct 7, 2016
  5. dalchina New Member
    Hi, control of Windows borders and the dialogue that used to allow much control in Win 7 disappeared with Win 8.

I have just discovered that Aeroglass (a donation/nag program) that gives opaque/transparent titlebars has just been updated for Windows 10 anniversary build. This is one way to get some transparency.

Borders have just 1 1 pixel or so width.

Start Menu - use Classic Shell, free, very good and you will like it coming from '7. Win 10's menu is poor.

You can edit posts rather than create a consecutive string of them.

dalchina, Oct 7, 2016
  6. How do i get classic shell? Do i need to download this first I read online click start menu then right click put then i dont see what they are asking me to click

So you are telling me i cannot have that windows 7 aeros look theme anymore on windows 10? The border lines on windows 10 look horrible. It makes dragging windows to different areas very strange.

paulyjustin, Oct 7, 2016
  7. dalchina New Member
    1. search for Classic Shell. Easy. Google or other search engine is your friend. It's great and often recommended here. It's a program. Download and install it. You can still use the Win 10 menu as well.

2. Yes you can. Just released is the latest Aeroglass- I've been looking forward to that for more than 6 weeks...
    Look- I've just installed it. For e3-5 you can get a couple of licenses.
    Just search for it.

How to change Windows 10 Borders Like Windows 7? [​IMG]

Here just look at the borders. Other things are from other changes I've made.

dalchina, Oct 7, 2016
  8. How to change Windows 10 Borders Like Windows 7?

paulyjustin, Oct 7, 2016
  9. dalchina New Member
    Aeroglass is just out. There used to be a program to adjust transparency, colour, opacity etc. The one I still have installed doesn't work now, so I'm going to see if there's a replacement. Both titlebars show some transparency at present.

As for moving Windows around, check if the bottom option is checked. That way you move complete Windows, not just outlines around.

Classic Shell- my preferred skin:

dalchina, Oct 7, 2016
  10. Okay so you only want me to download the first link but not the 2nd one?

paulyjustin, Oct 7, 2016
  11. dalchina New Member
    The choice is yours.. the first is free, start menu.

The 2nd gives some glass effect- no donation means a nag prompt and a watermark bottom rt of desktop. Try it.. you can always uninstall it..

dalchina, Oct 7, 2016
  12. hi there im trying to do windows 7. By accident i clicked cancel and i think im on vista? I cannot go back it seems to change it to windows 7 for the start menu...

paulyjustin, Oct 7, 2016
  13. How to change Windows 10 Borders Like Windows 7?

i clicked on classic shell on start menu went to classic explorer settings and help... i don't see the option to change this to like windows 7?

the only thing i see is in navigation pane style, it shows windows vista with a dot. Only other option is windows xp simple.

How do i go back and make this window 7? So that means i made my start menu windows vista?

paulyjustin, Oct 7, 2016
  14. Does this mean i have to uninstall classic shell from remove programs and install it and do it over again?

paulyjustin, Oct 7, 2016
  15. hey dal. Do you know how i can go back and make the start menu windows 7 as oppose to what i think is vista?

I downloaded the aeros and it seems okay.

Thanks.

paulyjustin, Oct 8, 2016
Thema:

How to change Windows 10 Borders Like Windows 7?

1. How to change Windows 10 Borders Like Windows 7? - Similar Threads - change Borders

2. mouse without borders dpi changes when in fullscreen apps

in Windows 10 Customization
    mouse without borders dpi changes when in fullscreen apps: when im in a game like call of duty or another fps game its slows down the dpi of that aplication but i work on the main pc at that moment and not the pc where i need mouse without borders for When i do desktop things dpi is also normal on the mai pc i close the program its...
  3. mouse without borders dpi changes when in fullscreen apps

in Windows 10 Gaming
    mouse without borders dpi changes when in fullscreen apps: when im in a game like call of duty or another fps game its slows down the dpi of that aplication but i work on the main pc at that moment and not the pc where i need mouse without borders for When i do desktop things dpi is also normal on the mai pc i close the program its...
  4. mouse without borders dpi changes when in fullscreen apps

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. How can i change my tab border?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How can i change my tab border?: This is the border when i go into certain apps it used to not be like this and its been like this for a while. i saw a forum on it but he had different versions and whatnot so i didnt try it because i didnt want to break something...
  6. How can i change my tab border?

How can i change my tab border?: This is the border when i go into certain apps it used to not be like this and its been like this for a while. i saw a forum on it but he had different versions and whatnot so i didnt try it because i didnt want to break something...
  7. How can i change my tab border?

in Windows 10 Customization
  8. windows 10 "photos" app suddenly changed, and full-screen image border is no longer white,...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    windows 10 "photos" app suddenly changed, and full-screen image border is no longer white,...: hello, i had stoped opening images on my computer for a week or so, but today, when i opened microsoft "photos" app. it has a totally different UI, probrally because of an update, the UI change does not bother me much, but what i am having problems with is the fact that the...
  9. windows 10 "photos" app suddenly changed, and full-screen image border is no longer white,...

windows 10 "photos" app suddenly changed, and full-screen image border is no longer white,...: hello, i had stoped opening images on my computer for a week or so, but today, when i opened microsoft "photos" app. it has a totally different UI, probrally because of an update, the UI change does not bother me much, but what i am having problems with is the fact that the...
  10. windows 10 "photos" app suddenly changed, and full-screen image border is no longer white,...

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing