Windows 10: How to change Windows 10 button style?

Discus and support How to change Windows 10 button style? in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; How to change button style like on the higher pic? Mine is on lower pic. Its much cleaner and edges are thinner. Im using latest version 20H1 [img]... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by vanzemaljac, Apr 1, 2021.

1. How to change Windows 10 button style?

How to change button style like on the higher pic? Mine is on lower pic. Its much cleaner and edges are thinner. Im using latest version 20H1

How to change Windows 10 button style? [​IMG]

:)

vanzemaljac, Apr 1, 2021
  2. dalchina Win User

The win10 tray style is changed to win7.

Hello, unfortunately your query is unclear.

The title suggests you have Windows 10, and a tray style that is Win 7's and don't want it. However, your screenshot suggests what you actually dislike is Win 10's tray style, and want Win 7's.

You can simply drag icons from the notification area to your taskbar, and v. versa. No need for a Customise button.

And you can change which icons appear here:

Rt click taskbar, taskbar settings.

Appearance: anyway, this is mine:

I use Aeroglass:
    Aero Glass for Win8+

- which changes the borders.

There are many things that are different from e.g. Win 7- some you can change, some you have to live with if you use Win 10.

dalchina, Apr 1, 2021
  3. change button style

Hi Selmo,

You can resize the window caption buttons using the Registry Editor (regedit). Please make sure that you're signed in as the administrator before performing the steps below. Also, this section, method, or task contains steps that
    tell you how to modify the registry. However, serious problems might occur if you modify the registry incorrectly. Therefore, make sure that you follow these steps carefully. For added protection, back up the registry before you modify it. Then, you can restore
    the registry if a problem occurs. For more information about how to backup and restore the registry in Windows 10, refer to this
    support article.

1. Click the Start button, type regedit and then press
      Enter.
    2. If prompted, choose Yes or enter the administrator password.
    3. Navigate to the key below.
      • HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Control Panel\Desktop\WindowMetrics
    4. Select WindowsMetrics.
    5. On the right-side pane, double-click the CaptionHeight string to modify it.
    6. The default value for the string is -330. You can change it to
      -120 to reduce the size of the caption buttons.
    7. Click OK, close the Registry Editor and then restart your PC for the changes to take effect.

See the image below for a comparison between
    -330 and -120.

How to change Windows 10 button style? a109ad2b-4505-4c2f-803a-33cc07d88a34?upload=true.jpg

Changing the overall visual look of the Windows Explorer is not advised as it may cause system corruption that may render your machine unusable. If you still want to continue, you can search for a third-party software that can perform this procedure.
    NOTE: Perform this operation
    at your own risk.

The workaround in modifying the caption buttons through the Registry
    Editor might be laborious for you and other users. Thus, I encourage you to submit a feedback to our engineers using the
    Feedback Hub. It would be a great addition to Windows 10 if this feature is added on
    Settings

How to change Windows 10 button style? bc4d0695-f57d-4417-9301-4612bede7e0a?upload=true.jpg
    . Feedback items regularly receive Microsoft responses on the submissions in the Feedback app so you can see what we are doing about
    your feedback. Please revisit frequently to see the status of your feedback items.

For more information on Feedback Hub, see our support
    article
    and .

In order to submit new feedback, please follow these steps:

1. On a Windows 10 device, search for “Feedback Hub” in Cortana search, then launch the app.
    2. Navigate to Feedback in the left menu, then press + Add new feedback.
    3. Select the Problem, and share any details you think are relevant, and choose an appropriate category and subcategory.
    4. Once you’ve completed the form, click Submit.
    5. Click Continue using Feedback Hub.
    6. Click My feedback at the top, then find the item you submitted (it may take a while to appear).
    7. Open the item you submitted, then click Share.
    8. Click Copy link.
    9. Paste the link here in your response (it will look like https://aka.ms/<unique>
      link).

Please revisit the Feedback Hub frequently to see the status of your feedback item and to notify us and have us get back to you, simply reply to this post.

Devlin Sco, Apr 1, 2021
  4. acer Win User

How to change Windows 10 button style?

How do i change the font/style of desktop icons for Windows 10?

• How do i change the font/style of desktop icons for Windows 10?

acer, Apr 1, 2021
Thema:

How to change Windows 10 button style?

1. How to change Windows 10 button style? - Similar Threads - change button style

2. HOW TO CHANGE FONT STYLE IN WINDOWS 10 20H2

in Windows 10 Customization
    HOW TO CHANGE FONT STYLE IN WINDOWS 10 20H2: THERE IS NO OPTION IN SETTINGS TO CHANGE FONT STYLE IN WINDOWS 10 THERE IS OPTION TO SEE FONT STYLE BUT NO OPTION TO APPLY https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-change-font-style-in-windows-10-20h2/b6d3469f-d5a4-4826-9bb2-6c6545ea9ffd
  3. how to change window 10 font style

how to change window 10 font style: I know to change the font but I can't apply it to my computer? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-change-window-10-font-style/1bdeab2b-0275-40d6-9d27-fc99016f1abd
  4. How to change the style in word default?

How to change the style in word default?: How do I change the style default in word ? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-change-the-style-in-word-default/fd60c392-c52d-423a-9bc4-c84e66d58bec
  5. how to change font style

how to change font style: i want to change my font style plz help me how to change font style https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-change-font-style/256df7d1-4331-44a2-9f8c-6810da4f8af9
  6. win10 Minimize and Maximize buttons changed to win7 style.

in Windows 10 Support
    win10 Minimize and Maximize buttons changed to win7 style.: I find the Minimize and Maximize buttons strange... 147260
  7. Change font style

Change font style: How do I change the font style I want to use? I don't want Times Roman but a different one. How? Thanks. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/change-font-style/1adbf05e-327b-4ba2-8358-11e79f77000a
  8. How to change entire Windows 10 Font style ?

How to change entire Windows 10 Font style ?: i just wondered how to change the font style to make font more clear ? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-change-entire-windows-10-font-style/b6007862-e37f-4c80-a9bf-bd438b13ec6f
  9. change button style

change button style: New #2 How to have the appearance of windows 7 windows buttons in windows 10, i want to take those close buttons, maximize and minimize, small, like in windows 7 and not huge like in windows 10. see the photo, I want to have the photo, I want to have the see the photo, I...
  10. Change font style

Change font style: How do I change my default display font style to different font styles in Windows 10 1803? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-start-win_desk/change-font-style/14ceb101-234e-49f4-ab01-8c880333bbac