Windows 10: How to change windows 10 "Dark Theme" Black color to Dark Gray? Immersive Control Panel

Discus and support How to change windows 10 "Dark Theme" Black color to Dark Gray? Immersive Control Panel in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I have been avoiding upgrading to Windows 10 for years. I have become very comfortable with my ability to customize Windows 7 just how i need.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by PortalPacific, Dec 22, 2018.

1. How to change windows 10 "Dark Theme" Black color to Dark Gray? Immersive Control Panel

I have been avoiding upgrading to Windows 10 for years. I have become very comfortable with my ability to customize Windows 7 just how i need.

Recently my main machine took a turn for the worst. I purchased a new one with windows 10 installed and thought i should finally give it a shot...

I am a "Dark theme" person. I will go through hell and high water customizing applications, themes, even customizing websites by auto injecting my custom code when i visit them. (Im a web designer). Everything is a dark theme haha.

Okay so here is my question. I have spent the last 4 days stressing over trying to change the "Black" color to "Dark gray". Its really bothering me.. I have gone over (I think) EVERY color value in the Windows Registry and can not find anything that is controlling the black colors in Windows new Default Dark Theme.

Is this located in the registry? If not where do i go? I have come here as a last resort and have already brought this question to several other communities. No one has any idea...

Any insight to solving this problem is much appreciated!

How to change windows 10 "Dark Theme" Black color to Dark Gray? Immersive Control Panel 56abb922-e73c-4e1a-b9a6-73e84345fe80?upload=true.jpg

:)

PortalPacific, Dec 22, 2018

2. windows 10 dark theme

hi

i updated windows 10 pro but dark theme didn't effect all panels like windows explorer and right click menu

i changed windows theme from personalize and select colors then dark mode for windows apps

how to solve this problem ?

johnsmith442, Dec 22, 2018
  3. Start menu color becomes dark and font color wont change in Windows 10

I just got my Upgrade yesterday and im quite happy with the performance.

As soon as I opened "start" i saw colors of tiles becoming dark step by step.. eventually becoming to blackish blue.. only the icon remains not changed.

It does go back to original colors if I open "start" after 1 min but they again turns into dark.

Other thing i noticed was the color of font. Its gray and remains gray no matter what color i choose for Start theme.

This is not only limited to tiles, if I open "all applications", on first open the color is okay but becomes dark again.

and with the gray color of font, it makes everything unreadable.

For example, if i choose color "#800000" for start, the tiles become color "#190000"..

So, I dont know if anyone else is also facing this issue or not but its quite annoying that you cant read and and ugly that color becomes dark like that..

AhmedAbdulRehman, Dec 22, 2018
  4. Nikhar_K Win User

How to change windows 10 "Dark Theme" Black color to Dark Gray? Immersive Control Panel

Win 10 - File explorer doesnt change colour (to black) when i change it to dark theme

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

The dark theme option for Windows explorer is only available for Windows 10 1809 build. If you are using Windows 10 1809 build, you can change the theme by following the
    steps mentioned below:

1. Press Windows + I key to open Settings.
    2. Click on Personalization.
    3. Click on Colors.
    4. Select Dark under Choose your default app mode.

Hope it helps.

Let us know if you got the help you needed by clicking ‘Yes’ or ‘No’.

Nikhar Khare

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Nikhar_K, Dec 22, 2018
Thema:

How to change windows 10 "Dark Theme" Black color to Dark Gray? Immersive Control Panel

1. How to change windows 10 "Dark Theme" Black color to Dark Gray? Immersive Control Panel - Similar Threads - change Dark Theme

2. How to change Notepad Theme to Dark

in Windows 10 News
    How to change Notepad Theme to Dark: [IMG]Notepad in its current form now makes it possible for users to set change themes. This is an essential feature, as many wanted a Dark theme for Notepad. Bear in mind that this version of Notepad is only available for Windows 11, so if you haven’t upgraded yet, well, this...
  3. Does control panel in windows11 have a dark-theme

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Does control panel in windows11 have a dark-theme: I just need to know if there is a dark theme for the control panel in windows11, if so may I know how to activate it https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/does-control-panel-in-windows11-have-a-dark-theme/ba8f1218-3a8b-46cc-8d90-a7c680797512
  4. Does control panel in windows11 have a dark-theme

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Does control panel in windows11 have a dark-theme: I just need to know if there is a dark theme for the control panel in windows11, if so may I know how to activate it https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/does-control-panel-in-windows11-have-a-dark-theme/ba8f1218-3a8b-46cc-8d90-a7c680797512
  5. Is there a way to change the how dark the dark theme is?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Is there a way to change the how dark the dark theme is?: [ATTACH] Ok so I just don't like Windows10's dark theme because it's just too black and I think it looks bad and I def think Microsoft could improve it. Is there a way to change the very black background to something like Discord's defualt dark grayish bakground? Thanks....
  6. Install/Uninstall programs control panel dark theme problem

in Windows 10 Customization
    Install/Uninstall programs control panel dark theme problem: Hello.Yesterday, I updated my windows to 1903 version. Everything is up to date.I realise after turning to dark theme this problem. Everything is okay in dark theme even the file explorer, except this. It's very difficult to read the names of the programs. Is there any...
  7. How to get control panel as dark (from dark theme by microsoft)

How to get control panel as dark (from dark theme by microsoft): Windows 1809 managed to display the control panel as dark, or rather, the internet connections as dark, which I like better than the white. I am talking of the official dark theme that is even applied to the Explorer for the first time, in 1809, which makes me chose this...
  8. How to get control panel as dark (from dark theme by microsoft)

in Windows 10 Support
    How to get control panel as dark (from dark theme by microsoft): Windows 1809 managed to display the control panel as dark, or rather, the internet connections as dark, which I like better than the white. I am talking of the official dark theme that is even applied to the Explorer for the first time, in 1809, which makes me chose this...
  9. Adjust windows "Black" color used in the dark theme?

Adjust windows "Black" color used in the dark theme?: So as we all know now windows has officially launched the dark theme. I have enabled this in my settings. That being said the "Black" color is overwhelming and would suite me much better if i could force it to be a dark gray. How do you customize the window color for dark...
  10. Text color has changed to black after enabling dark theme in Windows 10

Text color has changed to black after enabling dark theme in Windows 10: Hi, Does anyone know how to fix this issue? The text color of file names in my File Explorer has changed to black after enabling dark mode. It is really hard to read black letters in black background. [ATTACH]...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. how to change the gray color in WINDOWS THEME

2. black windows control panel

3. change windows pannel to dark

4. default theme windows 10,
  5. how to change black theme TO COLOUR THEME in windows 10,
  6. how to change to dark gray theme,
  7. change control panel white to black,
  8. what is c:\immersive control pannel\ system settings.exe,
  9. change windows theme windows 10 to black,
  10. windows color themes dark,
  11. the theme color in windows is black,