Windows 10: How to Change Windows 10 Default Maps App to Google Chrome Maps

Discus and support How to Change Windows 10 Default Maps App to Google Chrome Maps in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Does anyone know how to change the windows 10 maps default to Google maps? Please advise. Thanks ! :))... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Tim L 2019, Mar 31, 2019.

1. How to Change Windows 10 Default Maps App to Google Chrome Maps

Does anyone know how to change the windows 10 maps default to Google maps? Please advise. Thanks ! How to Change Windows 10 Default Maps App to Google Chrome Maps :))

:)

Tim L 2019, Mar 31, 2019

2. Windows 10 mail app: Location defaults to the Map app

Hi Brent,

Have you tried changing the default map app from the Default Programs?

Follow the steps below to disable Windows Maps.

• Click the Start button.
    • Type Default Programs then press Enter.
    • Go to Maps, change the default map app to the one you like.
    Please update us with the results.

Devlin Sco, Mar 31, 2019
  3. Graceman Win User
    Maps App will not delete or open Google maps

I do not want to use windows/microsoft Maps I have been using Google Maps and have found I can crte an Icon & Tile that will pin to start but want to remove the Maps Tile or make it do the job.
    So far I have failed to remove it or get it to open Google maps.
    I cannot get into the Winapps folder either which is where the apps reside I think.

New Upgrade to win 10 is so far working faultlessly which is a surprise, other than the above..

Graceman, Mar 31, 2019
  4. jhona107 Win User

How to Change Windows 10 Default Maps App to Google Chrome Maps

Windows 10 not allowing to change default browser to google chrome

I recently re-installed windows 10. Have tried every way to change default browser from Edge to Chrome, to no avail. Even changed the default by file type, HTML, Htm, to open with google chrome. Under Apps & Features, google is listed as my browser, but in Default apps-Web browser-choose default, I can click on google chrome till the cows come home and no sale. Very frustrated, have never like Edge. What is my next move? Even Apps by protocol has google chrome listed but it still won't respond.

jhona107, Mar 31, 2019
Thema:

How to Change Windows 10 Default Maps App to Google Chrome Maps

1. How to Change Windows 10 Default Maps App to Google Chrome Maps - Similar Threads - Change Default Maps

2. Error Loading Maps in Google Maps, Petal Maps and All Logo Maps

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Error Loading Maps in Google Maps, Petal Maps and All Logo Maps: Zr5fd5iuiyhr5fdi7yhu45feeih7iyt34fie https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/error-loading-maps-in-google-maps-petal-maps-and/40b21d8c-409d-4b96-a0f2-d0b5dd926086
  3. Google Maps/Maps app not working properly on Windows 10.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Google Maps/Maps app not working properly on Windows 10.: Hello, I am using Windows 10, and recently I downgraded from Windows 11. After that, one major issue I am facing is MAPSGoogle Maps or Maps app both not working properly. Location is fine. It is showing correct location but navigation or other features like zoom out/in or...
  4. How to uninstall Google Maps Apps on Windows 10?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    How to uninstall Google Maps Apps on Windows 10?: I have installed the desktop version of Google Maps. After some time I have decided to uninstall it. I have tried to uninstall the software through the 'Uninstall Google Maps ...' bar in the menu button. But it does not work. I mean it just closes the program. When I check...
  5. Making Google Maps the default map app on windows 10

in Windows 10 Customization
    Making Google Maps the default map app on windows 10: How can I make Google Maps the default map app on windows 10? I have it downloaded and the icon on my desktop. The file location is Under Google as C:\Program Files x86\Google\Chrome\Application\chrome_proxy.exeI have Win 10 Version 20H2 OS Build 19042.964. I s this doable?...
  6. Windows 10 freezes when using Google Maps in Chrome.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 freezes when using Google Maps in Chrome.: When I go to maps.google.com in Chrome the PC freezes up. I then have to long press the power button and restart the PC. This error is reproducible for me and happens every time I try to use Google Maps. It happens mostly when you turn your map to satellite view....
  7. search defaulting to Google maps

in Cortana
    search defaulting to Google maps: If I type anything on the search bar, it seems to add - 'Google maps search' to the end of everything. For instance if I type:- abc the underlying suggestion shows abc - Google Maps Search and dumps me into Google Maps. If anyone has any suggestion on how to get...
  8. Default Map

Default Map: How can I make google maps or google earth my default map? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/default-map/6f3c8228-a9e4-4bb7-9799-242c9780bf0a
  9. Google Maps

Google Maps: Trying to use google maps and map details are 'blacking out' - the screen is still on as are some buttons but the map vanishes. Is this happening to anyone else. 15576
  10. Maps App will not delete or open Google maps

Maps App will not delete or open Google maps: I do not want to use windows/microsoft Maps I have been using Google Maps and have found I can crte an Icon & Tile that will pin to start but want to remove the Maps Tile or make it do the job. So far I have failed to remove it or get it to open Google maps. I cannot get...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows 10 setting google maps as default maps