Windows 10: How to change Windows 10 email login account that has been deactivated

Discus and support How to change Windows 10 email login account that has been deactivated in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; How do I change my Window 10 email login account?? When I first installed Windows 10 on my virtual machine, it was set up to login with my email... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by NAL_SEE, May 27, 2020.

1. NAL_SEE Win User

How to change Windows 10 email login account that has been deactivated

How do I change my Window 10 email login account?? When I first installed Windows 10 on my virtual machine, it was set up to login with my email address - it was a working account. Since then -- the account has been deactivated - so I no longer have any access to it whatsoever. I am constantly asked to "verify" my identify - which I cannot because the security code is being sent to a deactivated email.

My biggest concern is how can I change the deactivated email login to a new email login without losing all my installed software, apps and documents? I can create a new local account with admin privileges - but basically that starts me off with a clean slate. I do NOT want to have to reinstall and set up all my existing software. All I want to do is change the email login account from *** Email address is removed for privacy *** to *** Email address is removed for privacy *** - surely there MUST be an easy way to do this.

Please help.

:)

NAL_SEE, May 27, 2020
  2. otosnede Win User

User account info lost after changing login email

How to change Windows 10 email login account that has been deactivated [​IMG]

I recently changed my main Microsoft account login email and after doing so, all my 10 machines no longer show my name on the login screen (shows my email address twice) or in the Start menu (only shows the email address) and as you can see in the above screenshot, permissions no longer show as my login and email address.

Things I've done so far to try and correct it:
    1. Change my account to local login, then back to my Microsoft login, which temporarily corrected it, but then after a few restarts, the info gets lost again
    2. Manually added my name in Computer Management > System Tools > Local Users and Groups > Users... this fixed it, but again, only until a restart
    Has anyone else experienced something like this and no of a way to correct it (and make it stick)?

otosnede, May 27, 2020
  3. newtekie1 Win User
    Unauthorized Emails from my account?

It is more than likely that your email account was hacked, either by a virus sniffing your password, or just simply hacked.

Either way, change your password on your email account. Unfortunately the damage by already be done. They already have your contact list and your email address associated with that contact list. There is nothing stopping them from sending out emails using their own SMTP servers to everyone on your contact list and claiming the emails are from your email address. They don't actually have to have access to your yahoo account or even any yahoo server to send emails to people that come from your address.

newtekie1, May 27, 2020
  4. How to change Windows 10 email login account that has been deactivated

Windows 10 - How do I change my login email address?

Hi Andy,

Thank you for contacting Microsoft Community.

I suggest you to follow the steps from the below article to change the login email address and check if it helps.

Change the email for your Microsoft account

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/change-the-email-for-your-microsoft-account

Hope this information is helpful and do let us know if you need further assistance. We will be glad to assist.

Karthicka_R, May 27, 2020
Thema:

How to change Windows 10 email login account that has been deactivated

1. How to change Windows 10 email login account that has been deactivated - Similar Threads - change email login

2. How to change the email in Microsoft account if it got deactivated?

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    How to change the email in Microsoft account if it got deactivated?: I forgot to tell my partner that I deactivated my old hotmail account. When he bought a PC for me he registered the windows system under that deactivated email. Now we have no way of switching it to any other account, because there is no way to log into a deactivated email to...
  3. How to change the email in Microsoft account if it got deactivated?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to change the email in Microsoft account if it got deactivated?: I forgot to tell my partner that I deactivated my old hotmail account. When he bought a PC for me he registered the windows system under that deactivated email. Now we have no way of switching it to any other account, because there is no way to log into a deactivated email to...
  4. How to change the email in Microsoft account if it got deactivated?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. My account was hacked. Email has been changed.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My account was hacked. Email has been changed.: My account was recently breached, and the email has been changed. I have the email that the person changed it to, but cannot get into my account in any other way. When I try to sign in, I'm prompted with, "We don't recognize that email", or "That account does not exist." This...
  6. My account was hacked. Email has been changed.

My account was hacked. Email has been changed.: My account was recently breached, and the email has been changed. I have the email that the person changed it to, but cannot get into my account in any other way. When I try to sign in, I'm prompted with, "We don't recognize that email", or "That account does not exist." This...
  7. How to recover BitLocker key if your email has been deactivated

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to recover BitLocker key if your email has been deactivated: How to recover BitLocker key if you dont have two factored validation. Your email has been deactivated after I retired https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-recover-bitlocker-key-if-your-email-has/43c6efc1-f752-447c-bf21-abc5a27598ab
  8. How to recover BitLocker key if your email has been deactivated

How to recover BitLocker key if your email has been deactivated: How to recover BitLocker key if you dont have two factored validation. Your email has been deactivated after I retired https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-recover-bitlocker-key-if-your-email-has/43c6efc1-f752-447c-bf21-abc5a27598ab
  9. How to change an email that has already been deleted

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to change an email that has already been deleted: A few months ago I deleted my email and now I forget to change the email for my Microsoft account. When I am trying to change it is says a verification code has been sent but I can not access it since the email has been deleted and there is no other verification method that I...
  10. Windows 10 has been deactivated after hardware change

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Windows 10 has been deactivated after hardware change: Just today I upgraded the CPU, motherboard, and RAM on my desktop. I also renamed the desktop to make it easier to tell which device is which on my Microsoft account. When I check my Microsoft account, both my old desktop name and the new one show up, the old one containing...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. how to change windows 10 email account to local account