Windows 10: how to change Windows 10 file ex[plorer file highlight color

Discus and support how to change Windows 10 file ex[plorer file highlight color in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I want to change the color that is given to items that are moused over/hovered over such as files in File Explorer. I have bad eyesight and it... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Al Campbell CNSS, Jan 21, 2019.

1. how to change Windows 10 file ex[plorer file highlight color

I want to change the color that is given to items that are moused over/hovered over such as files in File Explorer. I have bad eyesight and it currently set to a very light blue and want to make it a more distinctive color so it's easier to see. I would also like to change the color of a selected item in File Explorer which is currently set to the same light blue color.

This is a copy of another user's query, but they stated the question quite succinctly. Please advise a remedy for changing highlighted file color.

Thank you,

Alan Campbell

:)

Al Campbell CNSS, Jan 21, 2019
  2. GSquadron Win User

How to change Windows 7 highlight color

I was wondering if there is a way to change windows 7 highlight color

GSquadron, Jan 21, 2019
  3. DRDNA Win User
    DRDNA, Jan 21, 2019
  4. how to change Windows 10 file ex[plorer file highlight color

How to change the highlight color properly / permanently?

Hi folks.

I'm trying to change the highlight color Win10 is using to highlight text and other objects.

As far as I could figure it out, the default value is (r0 g120 b215), the "standard Win10 blue", which is stored in the registry here:

• HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Control Panel\Colors\Hilight

Editing this key can be done manually or by using third party tools (e.g. "Classic Color Panel" from WinTools), changes take effect after restarting the Windows explorer - so far so good.

Now comes the strange part: The old/default color comes back after a user is logged off and on again, or after the system was hibernated. After rebooting the modified color is there again.

This problem occurs/occurred so far in all version (build 1507 to 1709) and editions (home and pro).

Any suggestions how to change the highlight color properly (and permanently)?

Greets,

Alucard

Alucard van Blood, Jan 21, 2019
Thema:

how to change Windows 10 file ex[plorer file highlight color

1. how to change Windows 10 file ex[plorer file highlight color - Similar Threads - change file plorer

2. Permanently change highlight color in registry

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Permanently change highlight color in registry: I have changed the highlight color in registry Computer\HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Control Panel\Colors under "Hilight" to be deep blue 0 0 128, after restarting the computer the changes are effective, but for some reason after some time the changes are simply reverted to a lighter...
  3. Permanently change highlight color in registry

in Windows 10 Customization
    Permanently change highlight color in registry: I have changed the highlight color in registry Computer\HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Control Panel\Colors under "Hilight" to be deep blue 0 0 128, after restarting the computer the changes are effective, but for some reason after some time the changes are simply reverted to a lighter...
  4. Permanently change highlight color in registry

in Windows 10 Gaming
  5. How to change the Background Color of selected or highlighted Text in Windows 10

in Windows 10 News
    How to change the Background Color of selected or highlighted Text in Windows 10: Have you ever wanted to change the highlight color to another color whenever you highlight a selected text? Usually, a person would change background colors because they would find the default colors boring or bland and want a unique or grand color to be displayed. This...
  6. How to change the Highlight color automatically

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How to change the Highlight color automatically: When I personalize my computer I always make the color change automatically. I find it disturbing when I highlight something, it's just the classic (eww) blue. DISCLAIMER: I DON'T ACTUALLY HATE BLUE. PLEASE DON'T HATE ME submitted by /u/KGFortyFive [link] [comments]...
  7. How to change highlighting color on folder selection windows 10 in file explorer?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How to change highlighting color on folder selection windows 10 in file explorer?: [ATTACH] I use dark windows theme, and my file highlighting color is grey - it is very hard to see for me on black background. https://preview.redd.it/ifqtfqn87df51.png?width=603&format=png&auto=webp&s=38935002bc784732ac884504f9c206d41b9ec7ef I wanna chenge highlighting...
  8. CTRL+F Change highlight color

CTRL+F Change highlight color: Pressing CTRL+F brings up the search box. When I type a term in the search box, select "Highlight All" and press the up or down arrows, the found text is highlighted in blue, which is very hard to see. Is there any way to change the highlight color?...
  9. Change Windows 10 File Explorer items Highlight colors

Change Windows 10 File Explorer items Highlight colors: When I open File Explorer in Windows 10, using the dark theme, I want the colors of highlighted items to be different. Previous versions of Windows allowed much more granular customization of environmental items. Those options seem to be gone. When I click on an item in a...
  10. Change Highlighted Text Color in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Change Highlighted Text Color in Windows 10: How to: Change Highlighted Text Color in Windows 10 How to Change Highlighted Text Color in Windows 10 When you highlight text in classic Win32 system windows and dialogs in Windows 10, the text color will be white by default. This tutorial will show you how to...