Windows 10: How to change Windows 10 start-up/lock screen password, NOT account password.

Discus and support How to change Windows 10 start-up/lock screen password, NOT account password. in Windows Hello & Lockscreen to solve the problem; I have a laptop and desktop, both of which are associated by my Windows @live account. I want to change the password that I enter when first turning... Discussion in 'Windows Hello & Lockscreen' started by helenandtim Mason, Jun 2, 2019.

1. How to change Windows 10 start-up/lock screen password, NOT account password.

I have a laptop and desktop, both of which are associated by my Windows @live account. I want to change the password that I enter when first turning on the device or when awoken from sleep/lock-screen. The password for each device is different and I know its not the @live account password, but every step I try and take it won't let me change the start up password. Only my account password.

I'm trying to lock my kids out of the computers and they have lost them but the know the password and I can't change it..

Help!

:)

helenandtim Mason, Jun 2, 2019

2. change the lock screen password

Hi Eric,

Let us resolve you concern regarding on how you can change your lock screen password. We suggest that you follow the steps below:

• Press the Windows key; then, select Settings.
    • Click Accounts; then, Sign-In Options.
    • Tap the Change button in the Password section.
    • Re-enter your password; then, create a new password.

We would appreciate it if you could get back to us and provide us your feedback.

Michael Gall, Jun 2, 2019
  3. forgot password for account!!!!

forgot password for account!!!!

you know when you boot up your computer... and yeha i have more than one account and I forgot the password to one of them.

is there anyway for me to get in to the account? or the account will be perminant lock if i dont remember password?

xp home

HiddenStupid, Jun 2, 2019
  4. How to change Windows 10 start-up/lock screen password, NOT account password.

Changing lock screen password

I was able to change password on windows 8 but now that I have windows 10, its diff way to change your lock screen password. Since I tried to change the lock screen password, it involves changing my Microsoft password, which I don't want that. Just want
    to know how to change your lock screen password without involving to change ur Microsoft account password.

tator tot23, Jun 2, 2019
Thema:

How to change Windows 10 start-up/lock screen password, NOT account password.

1. How to change Windows 10 start-up/lock screen password, NOT account password. - Similar Threads - change start lock

2. How to change lock screen password?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to change lock screen password?: The password option is missing! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-change-lock-screen-password/c48d1e58-cf8d-44cf-a83a-887e81ece9fb
  3. How to change lock screen password?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to change lock screen password?: The password option is missing! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-change-lock-screen-password/c48d1e58-cf8d-44cf-a83a-887e81ece9fb
  4. Windows 10, change password of lock screen

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Windows 10, change password of lock screen: Hi My account is managed by an organization Domain. I changed my Domain password with a specific web site of my organization. I had to enter this new password to reconnect Outlook and teams. But when i open my session and unlock screen, it is still my previous password....
  5. Changing Lock Screen Password W/out Changing Account Password

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Changing Lock Screen Password W/out Changing Account Password: ..how do you do it? I used to have a password, since rebuilding and putting WIn10 on again i had a PIN that i set up on installation but want to get back to using my old password. I removed the PIN and it now uses my MS account password and the only option i seem to have are...
  6. Changing Lock Screen Password W/out Changing Account Password

in Windows 10 Support
    Changing Lock Screen Password W/out Changing Account Password: ..how do you do it? I used to have a password, since rebuilding and putting WIn10 on again i had a PIN that i set up on installation but want to get back to using my old password. I removed the PIN and it now uses my MS account password and the only option i seem to have are...
  7. Lock screen password change for Windows 10

Lock screen password change for Windows 10: I tried to change Windows 10 password via ctrl alt del and using settings Account methods. I managed to update the account password but the lock screen password was still using the old password. I searched the internet but didn't see a workaround, so i am posting my...
  8. How to change lock screen password or startup password in Windows 10 190918363.720 version?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    How to change lock screen password or startup password in Windows 10 190918363.720 version?: Earlier to windows 10 1909 version, we can easily change our lock screen password insign-in options but in this version i have tried much but no result, it just changes password of Microsoft account, however screen lock/startup password is same. how can i fix it or where...
  9. Windows 10 start-up/lock screen password

Windows 10 start-up/lock screen password: Windows 10 start-up/lock screen password https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-start-uplock-screen-password/4fc9703e-ff58-4e69-8429-a701187af117
  10. Lock screen password change Windows 10

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Lock screen password change Windows 10: What are the steps to change the lock screen password? I have found lots of articles here about password changes but its mainly for my account, I followed multiple articles and only end up changing my Microsoft account password....

Users found this page by searching for:

1. change lock screen password windows 10

2. change lock password windows 10

3. how to change windows 10 start-up/lock screen password

4. cant change windows password account locked,
  5. Change startup lock,
  6. how to change lock screen password windows 10,
  7. WINDOWS 10 LOCK SCREEN PASSWORD CHANGED TO ACCOUNT PASSWORD,
  8. how to change password on start up,
  9. window 10 change start up password,
  10. how to change computer start up passwork with microsoft,
  11. how to set password for windows 10 startup screen,