Windows 10: How to change Windows 10 system font to one from another one?

Discus and support How to change Windows 10 system font to one from another one? in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I wanted to change Windows 10 font to "Yu Gothic UI Light", which is default font for Japanese-language Windows 10 system. Recently I have changed... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by yuispg, Aug 27, 2019.

1. yuispg Win User

How to change Windows 10 system font to one from another one?

I wanted to change Windows 10 font to "Yu Gothic UI Light", which is default font for Japanese-language Windows 10 system.

Recently I have changed the language of Windows 10 to English from Japanese. Before the changing, I was satisfied with the default font for Japanese, but now, the default font has been changed to English-compatible one automatically. I'm not satisfied with the one. that's why I tried to change the font.

I refered this URL https://www.windowscentral.com/how-change-default-system-font-windows-10to change system font.

What I did to change system font by refering the URL are followings.

Save following registry script as font_changing.reg file and execute it, then re-login. ( first of all I wanted to change font to Cica font which is also one of Japanese-compatible font. )
    ```

Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Fonts]

"Segoe UI (TrueType)"=""

"Segoe UI Bold (TrueType)"=""

"Segoe UI Bold Italic (TrueType)"=""

"Segoe UI Italic (TrueType)"=""

"Segoe UI Light (TrueType)"=""

"Segoe UI Semibold (TrueType)"=""

"Segoe UI Symbol (TrueType)"=""

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\FontSubstitutes]

"Segoe UI"="Cica"

```

However It did not seems to success, the font viewing on text editor was same as previous one.
    So next, I tried font changing by another named one, which is "Yu Gothic UI Light".
    I did that save following registry script as font_changing.reg file and execute it, then re-login.

```

Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Fonts]

"Segoe UI (TrueType)"=""

"Segoe UI Bold (TrueType)"=""

"Segoe UI Bold Italic (TrueType)"=""

"Segoe UI Italic (TrueType)"=""

"Segoe UI Light (TrueType)"=""

"Segoe UI Semibold (TrueType)"=""

"Segoe UI Symbol (TrueType)"=""

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\FontSubstitutes]

"Segoe UI"="Yu Gothic UI Light"

```

After login, I checked font viewing on text editor, the viewing has been changed, but the one is pretty ugly. ( attached image )

I have no idea what should I do next. please help. Thanks.

How to change Windows 10 system font to one from another one? 1cb35b0e-7305-49df-ab98-6b80092b5258?upload=true.png

:)

yuispg, Aug 27, 2019

2. Windows 10 changing Font

I cannot change the system fonts in Windows 10. I have gone in and changed the title bars, etc, but there are still some fonts that are too small for my eyes. One example is my Outlook address book. Anyone have any suggestions please?

DonnaRothman, Aug 27, 2019
  3. How do you change the System Fonts in Windows 10?

This in no way was any help! I want to change the font I see in windows 10 and neither of the links actually give a step by step instruction on how to change the font.

DavidJennings1982, Aug 27, 2019
  4. NeoSOS Win User

Fonts

Hello,

I found these steps in this forum from back in 2010:

Step 1:

I would suggest you to try these steps and check whether it helps in fixing your issue.

Open font settings by clicking on start, click on control panel, and then click on appearance and personalization, under fonts click on change font settings. And select the font size.

Step 2:

If you’re trying to change windows font size then please follow the steps below:

To change Windows fonts

1. Open Appearance Settings by clicking the Start button and then clicking Control Panel. In the search box, type window color, and then click Change window colors and
    metrics

2. In the Item list, click the part of Windows that you want to change the font for. For example, if you want to change the menu font, click Menu in the list. Then, make any of the following changes:

· In the Font list, click the font that you want to use.

· In the Size list, click the font size that you want.

· In the Color list, click the font color that you want.

3. Repeat these steps for each item that you want to make changes to, and then click OK.

Does that help?

NeoSOS, Aug 27, 2019
Thema:

1. How to change Windows 10 system font to one from another one? - Similar Threads - change system font

2. How to change data from one account to another

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to change data from one account to another: I had received a share of Microsoft 365, but the account in my windows is different from the one that has Microsoft 365 on it , i want to transfer all the data in my main account to the one with Microsoft 365, is there a way I can do this?i tried to make the account on my...
  3. How to change data from one account to another

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to change data from one account to another: I had received a share of Microsoft 365, but the account in my windows is different from the one that has Microsoft 365 on it , i want to transfer all the data in my main account to the one with Microsoft 365, is there a way I can do this?i tried to make the account on my...
  4. Reinstalling Windows 10 on one device from one disc to another with just one slot

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Reinstalling Windows 10 on one device from one disc to another with just one slot: Good day.I have question. I want to upgrade my HDD to SSD on old acer notebook but i have just one slot for disc. How to proprerly do it? Just switching discs and use bootable USB stick with instalation or using "settings>recovery>factory reset" and connecting new SSD by USB...
  5. Reinstalling Windows 10 on one device from one disc to another with just one slot

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Reinstalling Windows 10 on one device from one disc to another with just one slot: Good day.I have question. I want to upgrade my HDD to SSD on old acer notebook but i have just one slot for disc. How to proprerly do it? Just switching discs and use bootable USB stick with instalation or using "settings>recovery>factory reset" and connecting new SSD by USB...
  6. I want to change Windows 10 system font to default one

I want to change Windows 10 system font to default one: Hey, i recently changed my Windows 10 font. But it caused some problems, then I decided to change it back to default one. I used the same method again but nothing changed. How do I change this to default one? Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00...
  7. Changing WiFi settings from one location to another

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Changing WiFi settings from one location to another: We are dealing with Windows 10 1909 here. My husband's Brother printer at work quit scanning. It did everything else (fax, print, copy), but would not scan. I wrote to Brother for him and they answered with some very good instruction links. Since I am unable to go to his...
  8. how to transfer windows 10 from one pc to another

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    how to transfer windows 10 from one pc to another: Hi my current computer has window ten but its old and i want to transfere my windows 10 copy from my old pc to my new one which is faster. please help whoever can...
  9. Moving the System partition from one disk to another

Moving the System partition from one disk to another: Hello everybody, I'm having an issue with the setup of my Windows 10 computer. I'm pretty lost right now. A few months ago, I've installed a fresh copy of Windows 10 in disk 0 (SSD). Because I had several work files, during installation I've maintained an old disk also...
  10. Moving System Disk From One MoBo to Another

Moving System Disk From One MoBo to Another: Hey folks - Yes, I know this is a silly idea, but bear with me please. My current system is an Asus X99-based Rampage V Extreme board, which I'm about to replace. I was fortunate enough to squeak one of NewEgg's latest shipments of the Asus Rampage VI Extreme, so that's...