Windows 10: How to change Windows default notification sound to Mac OS sound?

Discus and support How to change Windows default notification sound to Mac OS sound? in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Hi all, when I receive an email or when Windows alerts me of critical battery or when a download has completed, it's the standard "ting" sound of... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Aak_73, Jan 20, 2021.

1. Aak_73 Win User

How to change Windows default notification sound to Mac OS sound?

Hi all,
    when I receive an email or when Windows alerts me of critical battery or when a download has completed, it's the standard "ting" sound of Windows 10 that is the notification sound.

So if I want to install and replace my Windows notification sound with a Mac notification how can I do it?

:)

Aak_73, Jan 20, 2021

2. Unable to change notification sounds on Windows 10

Hey there,

I'm trying to change various notification sounds from sounds settings but whatever any change I apply I'm still hearing the default sounds. Any suggestion?

ArrigoBettella, Jan 20, 2021
  3. Notification sounds are missing!!!!

Hello Nyan,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

Please provide some additional information, so that we can assist you better.

1. What is the make and model number of your computer?
    2. Have you made any changes on your computer?

However, I suggest you to follow the below mentioned step:

1. Go to “Control panel”.
    2. Select ‘Sound’.
    3. Under sounds tab select ‘Program event’.
    4. Under program event, select ‘Notification’.
    5. Make sure you select ‘Notification’ sound for startup application and system notification.

Hope it helps.

Let us know if you got the help you needed by clicking ‘Yes or No’.

Harish

Microsoft Community – Moderator

Harish_kum, Jan 20, 2021
  4. How to change Windows default notification sound to Mac OS sound?

notification sound

Hi,

Step 1: Click the lower-left Start button, input sound and select Sound from the results to open Sound settings

Step 2: In the Sound dialog, open Sounds and choose Notification in the program events.

Step 3: Tap the Sounds bar, select (None) in the list and click OK.

'

https://www.windowscentral.com/how-turn-sound-n...

https://www.thewindowsclub.com/turn-off-notific...

Standard Disclaimer: This is a non-Microsoft website. The page appears to be providing accurate, safe information. Watch out for ads on the site that may advertise products frequently classified as a PUP (Potentially Unwanted Products). Thoroughly research
    any product advertised on the site before you decide to download and install it.

MilagrosM2020, Jan 20, 2021
Thema:

How to change Windows default notification sound to Mac OS sound?

1. How to change Windows default notification sound to Mac OS sound? - Similar Threads - change default notification

2. Changing Windows 11 notification sounds back to Windows 10 sounds?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Changing Windows 11 notification sounds back to Windows 10 sounds?: I recently got a new work laptop with Windows 11 installed, which completely changes the notification sounds for the entire system. I don't really like the new sounds, as they're too soft and don't always get my attention. Is there a way to change the notification sounds back...
  3. Remote Desktop for Mac OS is changing sound quality

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Remote Desktop for Mac OS is changing sound quality: Hi there,I'm using RDC client 10.8.1. on Mac OS 14 previously on Mac OS 13 - same issue.When I connect to my workstation Win 11 at work initially my sound quality is OK, but whenever sound is played on win 11 music, notification sound, native windows sounds sound quality on...
  4. Remote Desktop for Mac OS is changing sound quality

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Remote Desktop for Mac OS is changing sound quality: Hi there,I'm using RDC client 10.8.1. on Mac OS 14 previously on Mac OS 13 - same issue.When I connect to my workstation Win 11 at work initially my sound quality is OK, but whenever sound is played on win 11 music, notification sound, native windows sounds sound quality on...
  5. Changing notification sounds

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Changing notification sounds: Hi,I downloaded the old windows 10 sounds, and tried to change the notification, email, and messaging sounds in the control panel and when I do none of the notifications make sound, they are .wav files so I'm not sure what is going on here. All i want are a few of the...
  6. Changing notification sounds

Changing notification sounds: Hi,I downloaded the old windows 10 sounds, and tried to change the notification, email, and messaging sounds in the control panel and when I do none of the notifications make sound, they are .wav files so I'm not sure what is going on here. All i want are a few of the...
  7. Change Notification Sounds?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Change Notification Sounds?: Hello -- I suck at the Future. Once Upon a Time... (early 00's) in Windows (whatever revision) one had the option to personally choose what sound was made for various types of notifications. (This seemed like fun, but ultimately was tedious and got dull super fast) In 2021,...
  8. Can't change the notification sounds.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Can't change the notification sounds.: Hi. Currently I'm having a problem when I tried to change the notification sounds. Yesterday was fine, I can change a few of them. But today when I tried to open up the file, my dialog box is stuck. I can't expand the dialog box, or scroll it down. It seems some text also...
  9. Changing sound volume notification

in Windows 10 Customization
    Changing sound volume notification: [ATTACH] Hi, basically whenever I change the sound these boxes come up, the box one never used to. It was always the small box but not the bigger one which says chrome.exe. Its super annoying as the box stays up for ages and you can't see anything behind it. Is there any...
  10. How to change notification sound for ICQ ?

How to change notification sound for ICQ ?: Hello, im really new to this forum. I am tired from getting that notification sound of ICQ 10. If anyone can help me i will be very very thankful. 80383