Windows 10: How to change windows default user folder name given after new installation using Microsoft...

Discus and support How to change windows default user folder name given after new installation using Microsoft... in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Hi, a while ago when I originally made my microsoft account I had named my Profile jorda instead of Jordan and now anytime I go on a new computer my... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Jordan McKoy, May 24, 2023.

1. How to change windows default user folder name given after new installation using Microsoft...

Hi, a while ago when I originally made my microsoft account I had named my Profile jorda instead of Jordan and now anytime I go on a new computer my User folder is called jorda and It is really annoying me at this point. Yes I could just change it after the fact but is there a way to have the changes made to my account so that whenever I sign into a new computer and it makes my User it doesnt have the folder name be jorda ?

:)

Jordan McKoy, May 24, 2023

2. user name change

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

As per the description, I understand that you are facing some issues using Windows 10.

I would suggest you to follow the steps given below and check if that helps.

• Press Windows + X key.

• Click on control panel.

• Click on user accounts.

• Click on change your account name.
    Change the name as per your according and restart the computer.

Hope this information helps. Please let us know if you need any other assistance with Windows in future. We will be happy to assist you.

Mayank Gupta10, May 24, 2023
  3. User Account folder name

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

I understand that you are facing issues with changing the folder name under Users folder in Windows 10.

I suggest you to perform the below steps and check if it helps.

1. Open the File Explorer and double click on C drive.

2. Open Users folder from the list.

3. Click on the user name folder and then tap on F2 Key.

4. Change the name of the folder and hit on Enter Key.

5. It will ask for Administrator Permission and click on Ok.

6. Folder name will be changed.

Get back to us if you need any further assistance on Windows related issues and we will be glad to help.

Nyima Yonten, May 24, 2023
  4. newn Win User

How to change windows default user folder name given after new installation using Microsoft...

Windows 7 - change user temp folder.

Hi all,
    i would like to change user temp folder, becausze i can't install Nero. How to do that? I know how to change Windows temp folder, but not user.

Thema:

How to change windows default user folder name given after new installation using Microsoft...

1. How to change windows default user folder name given after new installation using Microsoft... - Similar Threads - change default user

2. How to change windows default user folder name given after new installation using Microsoft...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to change windows default user folder name given after new installation using Microsoft...: Hi, a while ago when I originally made my microsoft account I had named my Profile jorda instead of Jordan and now anytime I go on a new computer my User folder is called jorda and It is really annoying me at this point. Yes I could just change it after the fact but is there...
  3. How to change windows default user folder name given after new installation using Microsoft...

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    How to change windows default user folder name given after new installation using Microsoft...: Hi, a while ago when I originally made my microsoft account I had named my Profile jorda instead of Jordan and now anytime I go on a new computer my User folder is called jorda and It is really annoying me at this point. Yes I could just change it after the fact but is there...
  4. How to change user name folder

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to change user name folder: I tried to change the user name folder "DIZON" to something different. I've already changed my computer name and others but I can't somehow change the user name folder on the local disk. How should I fix this?...
  5. How to change user name folder

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to change user name folder: I tried to change the user name folder "DIZON" to something different. I've already changed my computer name and others but I can't somehow change the user name folder on the local disk. How should I fix this?...
  6. How to change the user folder name?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to change the user folder name?: My user folder name is showing as sachi but I want it to be SachiniF. how can I change that? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-change-the-user-folder-name/aa183848-8841-4a30-b22d-f185facc8cd5
  7. How to change the user folder name?

in Windows 10 Customization
    How to change the user folder name?: My user folder name is showing as sachi but I want it to be SachiniF. how can I change that? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-change-the-user-folder-name/aa183848-8841-4a30-b22d-f185facc8cd5
  8. Changing default user name

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Changing default user name: Hello, I was wondering if there's a way to change the default user name to another so all the software/programs, including Dropbox, can be addressed to the new user folder. For example, the Windows is currently under the username "AaBb" so it defaults to...
  9. How to change User folder name

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    How to change User folder name: Hi there. I made a stupid mistake when installing windows for the first time and i signed in with my email. Now my user folder name are the first letters of my email...Its a stupid name and due to limited characters its not even full. So, is there a way to change the name....
  10. How to change User Folder Name ?

in Windows 10 Support
    How to change User Folder Name ?: I purchased a used tablet. The seller reinstalled a clean version of Windows 10 Pro. I used a MS account to login . I renamed the tablet from the original Tablet7 to another name. However the User Folder in C drive is still named Tablet7. How do I change the folder name to my...