Windows 10: How to change Windows restore point to go back before the automatic restore point set by...

Discus and support How to change Windows restore point to go back before the automatic restore point set by... in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Hi, I have a Windows 11 Laptop. I accidentally deleted some downloaded system files. I want to restore to a previous date, but Windows won't let me go... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Luis HuertasYD, Feb 21, 2024.

1. How to change Windows restore point to go back before the automatic restore point set by...

Hi, I have a Windows 11 Laptop. I accidentally deleted some downloaded system files. I want to restore to a previous date, but Windows won't let me go beyond the automatic system restore point. How can I go back, bypassing the system restore point by days or even weeks? Please help!

:)

Luis HuertasYD, Feb 21, 2024
  2. SteveFell Win User

Automatic restore points not working

I managed to find the procedure for creating automatic restore points on my desktop computer. However I tried to set the system to create a restore point on startup and then later, at a specific time. However when I checked the list there were no restore
    points listed for either case. The history says that it completed the task at the allotted time. I can create a manual restore point OK, which shows up in the system restore list. I've had a few near misses with malware recently, which were successfully dealt
    with by a system restore using the windows update point, but that was 3 weeks prior, hence the need for a daily update. Can anyone explain my problem please?

SteveFell, Feb 21, 2024
  3. Windows 10 automatic restore points

Hi,

Thank you for posting in Community, we understand your concern and we will try our best to help you resolve the issue.

Before we proceed, I would like you to provide the information stated below:

1) Have you installed any third party antivirus?

2) Have you installed any third party registry optimization software?

I would first suggest you to check if the “show more restore points” option is selected in the system restore options. If this option is not selected, it will show only the recent restore point created. Refer these steps:

a) Press Windows key + F, type “Recovery” in the search box

b) Click on the settings tile below the search box

c) Click on the recovery tile and click “configure system restore”

d) Click on the system restore button and click next

e) By default, only the recent restore point will be displayed, click on the box against “show more restore points” below

f) Now check.

If the above step didn’t show the restore points, then I would suggest you to check the disk space allotted to restore points. If very less space is allotted to store restore points, then it will automatically delete the old restore points. Refer these steps
    to check:

a) Press Windows key + F, type “Recovery” in the search box

b) Click on the settings tile below the search box

c) Click on the recovery tile and click “configure system restore”

d) Click on “Configure” button and check the disk space allotted.

Hope this information helps

Vanessa Sohtun, Feb 21, 2024
  4. BJM
    bjm Win User

How to change Windows restore point to go back before the automatic restore point set by...

System restore point automatic create not working....need help.

Were you seeing CAPI2 errors with Macrium & System Restore.

And after enabling system protection.
    1) Does System Protection automatically create and populate checkpoints to list.
    Does System Protection create restore points when called by a program and populate checkpoints to list.

2) I'd like to confirm whether my issue is unique to me or common.
    My issue is that I can manually create restore points okay and those manual created will populate to my list.
    Automatic restore points do not populate to my list. Albeit, Task Scheduler shows Last Run time change.
    Automatic restore points do not populate to my list e.g., with Windows Updates.
    When create restore point is called by a program. I see activity that suggest restore point is being created ...but, again the activity does not translate to an entry in my list.

How to change Windows restore point to go back before the automatic restore point set by... 85974678t-system-restore-point-automatic-create-not-working-need-help-system-restore-manual-list.png

Thema:

How to change Windows restore point to go back before the automatic restore point set by...

1. How to change Windows restore point to go back before the automatic restore point set by... - Similar Threads - change restore point

2. How to change Windows restore point to go back before the automatic restore point set by...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to change Windows restore point to go back before the automatic restore point set by...: Hi, I have a Windows 11 Laptop. I accidentally deleted some downloaded system files. I want to restore to a previous date, but Windows won't let me go beyond the automatic system restore point. How can I go back, bypassing the system restore point by days or even weeks?...
  3. How to go back to restore point automatic

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to go back to restore point automatic: Hey I work on a remote desktop and sometimes I have to make a change in the network settings and then I lose access to the remote computer I am looking for a way that before I make a change I will activate a 10 minute timer and then if I don't cancel it it will return me to...
  4. How to go back to restore point automatic

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to go back to restore point automatic: Hey I work on a remote desktop and sometimes I have to make a change in the network settings and then I lose access to the remote computer I am looking for a way that before I make a change I will activate a 10 minute timer and then if I don't cancel it it will return me to...
  5. Setting a Restore Point

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Setting a Restore Point: I wanted to set a restore point in Windows 10 21H2 and found that system protection for the C drive 500GB SSD was turned off. I selected the C drive and went to configure it to turn on and received this message "Using system protection on a drive that contains system image...
  6. Setting a Restore Point

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Setting a Restore Point: I wanted to set a restore point in Windows 10 21H2 and found that system protection for the C drive 500GB SSD was turned off. I selected the C drive and went to configure it to turn on and received this message "Using system protection on a drive that contains system image...
  7. Setting a Restore Point

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  8. disable automatic restore point

in Windows 10 Customization
    disable automatic restore point: how do I prevent win 10 creating restore point automatically https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-other_settings/disable-automatic-restore-point/bb314991-dcef-4d02-a310-7e4ddbe0140d
  9. automatic restore points before update install?

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    automatic restore points before update install?: I am wondering if Windows 10 will automatically create restore points before installing forced updates. If not, will we be notified about these updates before hand so we can make restore points manually? In previous editions of Windows, we were often offered optional or...
  10. No Automatic Restore Points Created

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    No Automatic Restore Points Created: I have a clean install of Win 10. Despite receiving several cumulative updates from Microsoft over the past several days, no automatic restore points have been created. System Restore is set to "On" for drive C: so that is not the issue. I can create manual restore points...