Windows 10: How to change windows version to Home edition without reinstall?

Discus and support How to change windows version to Home edition without reinstall? in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; Hi everyone. I bought Windows 10 Home edition, but my Windows is professional edition. So I wonder how to change windows version to Home edition... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by 谭正奇, Oct 16, 2019.

1. 谭正奇 Win User

How to change windows version to Home edition without reinstall?

Hi everyone. I bought Windows 10 Home edition, but my Windows is professional edition.

So I wonder how to change windows version to Home edition without reinstall?

I've tried to install with media creation tool, when I try to install from my hard drive, the option of Home edition did not show up. When trying to install windows Home from my flash drive I made by creation tool, the option did show up, but then it tells me that

when trying to install windows on a computer with windows already installed, you have to boot your windows and then install rather than install it from flash drive or ISO…

So what should I do?

:)

谭正奇, Oct 16, 2019

2. Change motherboards without reinstalling Windows 7!

Don't even need to go through all those steps. Once you got into safe mode,windows 7 will rebuild it's drivers automatically. Boot normally and then install chipset drivers if not already in.

Edit:
    One thing though, it gets hectic with RAID and you will NEED to reinstall/rebuild the array. Only circumstance where you will find driver conflicts.

Edit2:

See edit 1 peet.

JrRacinFan, Oct 16, 2019
  3. niko084 Win User
    Change motherboards without reinstalling Windows 7!

He is right here, Windows 7 does a fantastic job of dealing with that and it's about time!

Also a good point, have a backup or be comfortable doing it.
    I am yet to have an issue doing it, even with a raid *as long as it was Intel to Intel* with windows 7.

niko084, Oct 16, 2019
  4. jpierce55 Win User

Reinstall Windows?

You don't need to reinstall windows. Go to the device manager and remove uninstall the processor and motherboard drivers listed. When you start the system back up you should be able to re-install the new ones. I just changed my mobo/processor Friday, everything is fine.

BTW I have seen some reviews that state practically no difference in using more than 2gb of ram.

jpierce55, Oct 16, 2019
Thema:

1. How to change windows version to Home edition without reinstall? - Similar Threads - change version Home

2. how to change Windows 11 Home OEM into Windows 11 Home retail without complete reinstall?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    how to change Windows 11 Home OEM into Windows 11 Home retail without complete reinstall?: How to change Windows 11 Home OEM into Windows 11 Home retail without a complete reinstall of Windows 11?In other words: how to make the Windows 11 home dependant on the Motherboard?We have to change a new MoBo , that has to be exchanged for a bit stronger one.Windows 11 home...
  3. how to change Windows 11 Home OEM into Windows 11 Home retail without complete reinstall?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    how to change Windows 11 Home OEM into Windows 11 Home retail without complete reinstall?: How to change Windows 11 Home OEM into Windows 11 Home retail without a complete reinstall of Windows 11?In other words: how to make the Windows 11 home dependant on the Motherboard?We have to change a new MoBo , that has to be exchanged for a bit stronger one.Windows 11 home...
  4. Change Pro version to Home without buying

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Change Pro version to Home without buying: Hi! I have windows 11 pro. But I want windows 11 home. Can I change my pro key to a home key? I don't care about the price difference. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/change-pro-version-to-home-without-buying/8972d771-2eaa-4159-9229-2ce2352abdef
  5. Change Pro version to Home without buying

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Change Pro version to Home without buying: Hi! I have windows 11 pro. But I want windows 11 home. Can I change my pro key to a home key? I don't care about the price difference. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/change-pro-version-to-home-without-buying/8972d771-2eaa-4159-9229-2ce2352abdef
  6. is it possible that windows 32 version converter or change without reinstallation of windows.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    is it possible that windows 32 version converter or change without reinstallation of windows.: is it possible that windows 32 version converter or change without reinstallation of windows. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/is-it-possible-that-windows-32-version-converter/6b531203-a465-48e2-b058-cc8a3b7a6167
  7. How change windows 10 home version

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    How change windows 10 home version: I have windows 10 home version, i would like to change it to windows 10 home single language version. This is needed because i have installed an audit automation software and the software team says it doesnt work on my current version. Thanks in advance...
  8. How to Reinstall Windows 10 Home Single Language edition

How to Reinstall Windows 10 Home Single Language edition: I need to reinstall Windows 10 Home Single Languageedition on my laptop. I downloaded the Installation Media from Microsoft's website and installed Windows 10 64 bit but it is not getting activated with the product key I have with me. I saw thread from the year 2018 saying...
  9. How to change windows 10 home to pro without reinstalling windows.

How to change windows 10 home to pro without reinstalling windows.: How to change windows 10 home to pro without reinstalling windows. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-change-windows-10-home-to-pro-without/cd77ec42-7878-4a81-8599-54713e29231f"
  10. Downgrading Windows 10 Edition from Pro to Home without reinstalling?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Downgrading Windows 10 Edition from Pro to Home without reinstalling?: I've been looking for it for a couple of weeks, but couldn't find any answer. I'm really sorry if it's been explained already on these forums, but I haven't found it. My question is straightforward: is it possible to downgrade an edition from Windows 10 Pro to Windows 10...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. how to change windows version vithout reinstaling