Windows 10: How to check 3rd party apps compatibility before installing Windows 11?

Discus and support How to check 3rd party apps compatibility before installing Windows 11? in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; I've been delaying the move to Windows 11 currently running Windows 10 Pro. In Windows Update it says "Great news—your PC meets the minimum system... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Burstmode, Jul 16, 2022.

1. Burstmode Win User

How to check 3rd party apps compatibility before installing Windows 11?

I've been delaying the move to Windows 11 currently running Windows 10 Pro. In Windows Update it says "Great news—your PC meets the minimum system requirements for Windows 11." Also says it's "Ready and Free." So I can take the leap.What it doesn't tell me is: Are all the 3rd party apps I have installed compatible with Windows 11?I would assume there is a website or a service a safe one... that I can use to check for compatibility of installed apps before upgrading...no? But I don't see an obvious one. Perhaps I've missed it.Can someone point me to such a thing? Thanks.

:)

Burstmode, Jul 16, 2022
  2. TairikuOkami, Jul 16, 2022
  3. Yaqub K Win User
    Windows Mail and 3rd party messages

Hi,

Thank you for posting on Microsoft Communities.

Please assist me with the following information related to this issue:

• May I know what exactly do you mean when you say "download messages from 3rd party into Windows Mail"?
    • Are you referring to Mail app on Windows 10? If so, are you able to receive any send email via Mail app?

If you are facing issues with Mail app, I suggest
    run the in-built Windows Store app troubleshooter and check. Follow the steps:

• Press Windows Key + X..

• Click on Control Panel.

• Select Troubleshooting.

• On the left pane, click on View All.

• Click on Windows Store apps to run the troubleshooter.
    Let us know if the issue is resolved or if you require further assistance.

Yaqub K, Jul 16, 2022
  4. dalchina Win User

Win 11 compatibility

MS's health check compatibility app is back as of a couple of days ago, so you might be able to try that.
    Windows 11 compatibility checker is back: Here’s how to get it | Tom's Guide

https://www.cnet.com/tech/computing/windows-11-compatibility-microsofts-pc-health-check-app-is-back/

This also gives a free 3rd party tool which may provide more info.

The compatibility criteria are available for you to peruse. These include which processors are suppported for example.

See links here e.g.
    upgrade to windows 11 from windows 10

and
    Update on Windows 11 minimum system requirements and PC Health Check app | Windows 11 Forum

dalchina, Jul 16, 2022
Thema:

1. How to check 3rd party apps compatibility before installing Windows 11? - Similar Threads - check 3rd party

2. Not able to install any 3rd Party Apps

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Not able to install any 3rd Party Apps: I am trying to install 3rd party apps to Windows 11 Enterprise machine, i am an admin, and there are few machines in the enterprise environment which are facing this issue. I my research came across the S mode, but I believe S Mode is not there in Windows 11 Enterprise. This...
  3. Not able to install any 3rd Party Apps

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Not able to install any 3rd Party Apps: I am trying to install 3rd party apps to Windows 11 Enterprise machine, i am an admin, and there are few machines in the enterprise environment which are facing this issue. I my research came across the S mode, but I believe S Mode is not there in Windows 11 Enterprise. This...
  4. How to install approved 3rd party apps on Windows 11 SE

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to install approved 3rd party apps on Windows 11 SE: Has anyone successfully installed an approved 3rd party WIN32 app on the new Windows 11 SE devices and how did you do it?Our school just bought 35 Windows 11 SE devices for our middle school students, according to Microsoft our required testing app, NWEA, is on their approved...
  5. How to install approved 3rd party apps on Windows 11 SE

How to install approved 3rd party apps on Windows 11 SE: Has anyone successfully installed an approved 3rd party WIN32 app on the new Windows 11 SE devices and how did you do it?Our school just bought 35 Windows 11 SE devices for our middle school students, according to Microsoft our required testing app, NWEA, is on their approved...
  6. How to check 3rd party apps compatibility before installing Windows 11?

How to check 3rd party apps compatibility before installing Windows 11?: I've been delaying the move to Windows 11 currently running Windows 10 Pro. In Windows Update it says "Great news—your PC meets the minimum system requirements for Windows 11." Also says it's "Ready and Free." So I can take the leap.What it doesn't tell me is: Are all the 3rd...
  7. Installing 3rd party apps on windows platform for gaming

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Installing 3rd party apps on windows platform for gaming: I am a Windows user and also a gaming explorer. I have come across gaming supportive apps which allows to play android games on windows platform. As we only use our android mobile to play games. I also like to experience the gaming in a much wider screen such as my Desktop PC...
  8. Installing 3rd party Gaming Apps on Windows

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Installing 3rd party Gaming Apps on Windows: I am a Windows user and also a gaming explorer. I have come across gaming supportive apps which allows to play android games on windows platform. As we only use our android mobile to play games. I also like to experience the gaming in a much wider screen such as my Desktop PC...
  9. Problem installing some 3rd party apps

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Problem installing some 3rd party apps: Hello, I've noticed this problem several months ago: using my main user account that has administrator privileges, I cannot install some 3rd party apps. When I run the installer app (even when running it under "run as administrator") nothing happens or if the installer pops...
  10. Compatible 3rd Party Email Clients ?

in Browsers and Email
    Compatible 3rd Party Email Clients ?: Anyone tried Incredimail 2.5, Thunderbird, WLM and ilk yet? 6565