Windows 10: How to check a thumb drive for virus/keylogger/ spyware/etc ?

Discus and support How to check a thumb drive for virus/keylogger/ spyware/etc ? in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; How to check a thumb drive for virus/keylogger/ spyware/etc ? Are there instructions posted somewhere ? Thank you all. I'm using windows 10 pro... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Oscar Hotel, Mar 1, 2020.

1. How to check a thumb drive for virus/keylogger/ spyware/etc ?

How to check a thumb drive for virus/keylogger/ spyware/etc ?

Are there instructions posted somewhere ?

Thank you all.

I'm using windows 10 pro if it matters

:)

Oscar Hotel, Mar 1, 2020
  2. Rhina Vib Win User

Virus and spyware definitions couldn't be updated.

Hi Ogunmola,

There are several possible reasons why you are unable to update your virus and spyware definitions in Windows 10. The most common cause is internet connectivity. If you are online, it can be caused by conflicts with the settings in Windows Internet Explorer.

For us to better assist you with this concern, we need to ask a few questions:

• Were there any changes made prior to this issue?
    • Are there issues with the internet connection?
    • Are you getting any error messages? Can you send a screenshot?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you tried so far?

For steps to help resolve this issue with updating the virus and spyware definitions, you can refer to
    Giridhar J's post on this
    link

Looking forward to your reply.

Thank you.

Rhina Vib, Mar 1, 2020
  3. AloeVera2 Win User
    how to run virus and spyware security check

how to run virus and spyware security check

AloeVera2, Mar 1, 2020
  4. How to check a thumb drive for virus/keylogger/ spyware/etc ?

Can a thumb drive be disabled by malware?

There are quite a few possibilities to what happened to your thumb drive:

1. It might be a simple issue where the partition got corrupted: In this case you can go to Computer Management > Disk Management> and check out what partition your thumb drive currently has. If it currently is in RAW format or is just unallocated, I suggest you unallocate the entire drive and make a new partition. It's possible that you can recover upto 99% of your files with a tool like EaseUS DataRecovery Wizard Pro.
    2. The malware corrupted your thumb drive's firmware: The malware that your thumb drive may have encountered may be similar to something like BadUSB. It may or may not have modified your drive's firmware to transmit malware, but in any case your thumb drive's pretty dead, and there's not much you can do about it.

Don't Root here plz..., Mar 1, 2020
Thema:

How to check a thumb drive for virus/keylogger/ spyware/etc ?

1. How to check a thumb drive for virus/keylogger/ spyware/etc ? - Similar Threads - check thumb drive

2. virus & spyware updated

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    virus & spyware updated: virus and spyware definitions could not be updated https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/all/virus-spyware-updated/12cb67ba-78fb-459d-ab21-a254fa703a18
  3. Virus and Spyware definitions.

Virus and Spyware definitions.: Virus and spyware definitions couldn't be updated due to anerror. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/all/virus-and-spyware-definitions/beffef33-5124-4391-8833-3afc28f390ae
  4. Virus and spyware

Virus and spyware: Can malware be updated without the purchase of virus and spyware defender?? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/all/virus-and-spyware/02d9616b-3c0a-4a6b-a71b-08d546770048
  5. How to check a thumb drive for virus/keylogger/ spyware/etc ?

How to check a thumb drive for virus/keylogger/ spyware/etc ?: How to check a thumb drive for virus/keylogger/ spyware/etc ? Are there instructions posted somewhere ? Thank you all. I'm using windows 10 pro if it matters 151477
  6. Spyware and virus protection.

Spyware and virus protection.: Do I need McAfee protection with Windows Defender? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/spyware-and-virus-protection/73d11fed-3b86-4df0-81da-f445ce928131"
  7. how to run virus and spyware security check

how to run virus and spyware security check: how to run virus and spyware security check https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-run-virus-and-spyware-security-check/b2b45c3d-f477-48f1-838d-441fe3fe228a"
  8. Is my chrome browser infected with virus / spyware etc??

Is my chrome browser infected with virus / spyware etc??: Recently, for many sites where they require me to click on the box to confirm "I am not a robot", there is another box popping up requesting me to choose all the images of either "crosswalks", "bus" or "cars".... It's VERY TROUBLESOME. However, at the same time I use another...
  9. virus /SPYWARE ?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    virus /SPYWARE ?: WHAT is KMS GUI ELDI on my system ,it shows up now an again it cant be deleted or uninstalled an does not show up in listing under microsoft .help ??...
  10. Is this a Virus or Spyware?

Is this a Virus or Spyware?: I tried Revo Uninstaller but it couldn't find Nox App Player, so I installed it again and used Revo to uninstall it but no results. Well, are you familiar with Regedit? Win+R+regedit.exe. Search for Nox_unload.exe + nox + nox player. Click F3 each time to reach the end of...