Windows 10: How to check DPI on PNG

Discus and support How to check DPI on PNG in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hello All, I would like to check DPI of PNG files for printing, but properties>details only shows for JPG. The whole resolution section is missing... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by marycas5000, Dec 8, 2018.

1. How to check DPI on PNG

Hello All,

I would like to check DPI of PNG files for printing, but properties>details only shows for JPG. The whole resolution section is missing for PNG.

Is there another route for the PNG in windows?

I do not have photoshop. I know about converters, but they don't show the DPI.

Any input would be welcome, Thanks Mary

:)

marycas5000, Dec 8, 2018
  2. Anne Ros Win User

DPI Scaling issue

Hi,

This can be caused by the changes made on your device. We'd like to know some information to help us isolate the cause of the issue and provide a resolution suited to your concern:

• Were there any changes to your device prior to the issue?
    • Is it only happening to Spotify or Discord app?
    • What are the troubleshooting steps done by the live support?

In the meantime, you can check this article and see if the troubleshooting steps provided will work
    to help you resolve the issue.

Looking forward to your response.

Anne Ros, Dec 8, 2018
  3. Sasqui Win User
    Overclocking / Undervolting guide for Vega 56 or 64?

Here's a quick laundry list:

List of software to use for overclocking and testing
    Examples:
    Wattman (and how to find and use it, like an overview, including profiles)
    Unigine Valley or Heaven (use this for quick testing while changing settings in Wattman and checking for stability / artifacts) ...just suggesting this
    How to monitor cores / mem speeds and temps during testing (I've seen screen overlays, and others using GPUz)

Step-by step overclocking in Wattman
    Fan speeds
    Power limit
    Temp limit
    Voltages
    Core speeds
    Memory speeds

Sasqui, Dec 8, 2018
  4. Ian Ser Win User

How to check DPI on PNG

Disable High DPI Automatic Scaling

Hello,

What we can suggest to resolve the issue with your DPI settings is by following the steps on this
    article. Please note that these are only workarounds. DPI Scaling issues can be very tricky as these
    can involve multiple PC configuration. You would need to report this on our
    Feedback Hub
    for our Engineers to be notified of the issue as stated on the article.

Update us if there are improvements.

Ian Ser, Dec 8, 2018
Thema:

How to check DPI on PNG

1. How to check DPI on PNG - Similar Threads - check DPI PNG

2. How to lower the DPI

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to lower the DPI: I'm trying to launch the camera, but the error states I need to lower the dpi. Help me understand how to lower it. Thank you. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-lower-the-dpi/0c806432-887a-4279-aca6-3977ae33ff7a
  3. Capture0.png

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Capture0.png: Hi, I found a PNG file named Capture0 in my "recent files" list on my lap top. It was a screen shot of an open spreadsheet in Excel and I never took the screenshot. The file location is: C:\Users\my username\AppData\Local\Packages\Microsoft.WindowsFeedbackHub_[extended...
  4. How do I change the screen DPI?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    How do I change the screen DPI?: There is always options of 100% and up in Windows display settings. But is there any way to go down 100% {like 90% or 70%}? If not, Can I force it to be 70%? My pc resolution is 1366p*768p ....
  5. Opening PNG FILES

in Windows 10 Customization
    Opening PNG FILES: When I open a "PNG" file I get a warning (Below) saying it could harm my computer, so I uncheck the "Always ask" box and then it opens. [ATTACH] But when I try to open another later it will ask again, is there ant way I can get it to remember my preference....
  6. How to check for malware?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    How to check for malware?: I'm not sure if i should create a thread on this or post it in my already posting thread. But i think it should be own thread. Windows 10 pro. I only have windows defender and do the quick scan and full scan and the malicious file scan and thats all. I had connected my...
  7. how to open PNG file?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    how to open PNG file?: how to open png file? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-open-png-file/972786e8-87da-4e14-a5ac-e97a09a7be86"
  8. DPI Settings

in Windows 10 Customization
    DPI Settings: Yesterday I realised that Windows recommend to have the DPI settings at 125% I know that they have changed the whole DPI system in the creators update, but I wonder if there is an article that explain why the setting 125% and not 100% is recommended?...
  9. Resolution & DPI

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Resolution & DPI: I still don't understand this dilemma. I'm working on a 22 inch monitor that has a native resolution of 1920*1080 but there are lots of elements in the Windows 7 x64 UI that is too small even for my vision which is 100% good. I also notice this tiny text phenomenon on...
  10. How to open PNG file

in Windows 10 Support
    How to open PNG file: Can someone advise me how to open PNG files please.....have tried converting them, but with no success.....the files are pictures from a live webcam on a holiday destination........am I able to view these ? I am sure I have done so before..........Del. 56797