Windows 10: How to check EVERY files for possible corruption, yes that include video and game files

Discus and support How to check EVERY files for possible corruption, yes that include video and game files in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Hello, as the title says I'm wondering if there's a Windows or some legit tool I can use to check for every single files on my Hard Drive/s, and I'm... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Neon Henchman, Sep 13, 2022.

1. How to check EVERY files for possible corruption, yes that include video and game files

Hello, as the title says I'm wondering if there's a Windows or some legit tool I can use to check for every single files on my Hard Drive/s, and I'm not only talking about system files like I think these tools only search for.The thing that happens to me everynow and then is that my PC would sometime completely lock up, I can't do anything with either a certain program or the whole system, but it MAY be possible these happen because I tend to do some intensive stuff on it, as in video editing & rendering, + sometimes regular maintenance of my computer ironic, I know. But so, there was t

:)

Neon Henchman, Sep 13, 2022

2. Corrupted file RAR

If the archive has been created using WinRAR, why don't you try WinRAR itself? It has a built-in repair feature for repairing corrupted archive (ZIP as well as RAR). Follow the steps given below:
    • Open WinRAR application in your system.
    • Now click on File tab > Open or simply press Ctrl+O.
    • A small window "Find Archive" will pop up. Locate the corrupt RAR archive from your system directory and select it.
    • Now click Open button.
    • Click Tools tab > Repair archive or simply press Alt+R.
    • Again a small window "Repairing File name.rar" will pop up.
    • Now click Browse to select a location to save the repaired archive.
    • Check the box "Treat the corrupt archive as RAR" and click OK.
    • WinRAR will start repairing of corrupt RAR archive. Once it gets completed click Close.
    I hope the above steps will help you repair the corrupted RAR archive.

Thanks.

Lincoln Dunne, Sep 13, 2022
  3. Corrupted file RAR

I dl files via a p2p network. When I open them via WinRar,it gives me an error message that the file cannot be opened as it is corrupted( do not recollect the exact wordings). Is there a way to correct/repair this. It is at times frustrating to find that a file is corrupted esp when the size is a few 100 Mb or more and has taken some time to dl !!

Is there a way to find if a file is corrupted in advance ??

Thx in advance.

JustinWalt, Sep 13, 2022
  4. mroofie Win User

How to check EVERY files for possible corruption, yes that include video and game files

Corrupted file RAR

as far as I know you can try the repair option but usually that never works and that's why it might be impossible to get the files back :/

Who owns those rar files ?

mroofie, Sep 13, 2022
Thema:

How to check EVERY files for possible corruption, yes that include video and game files

1. How to check EVERY files for possible corruption, yes that include video and game files - Similar Threads - check EVERY files

2. Almost every file corrupted

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Almost every file corrupted: Hi,I bought a new computer a few days ago. When I try downloading programs through Chrome, Edge or even console, everything seems fine but then they don´t open cause they seem to be corrupted. The only things that work just fine are Chrome and the OS, but everything else...
  3. How to check EVERY files for possible corruption, yes that include video and game files

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    How to check EVERY files for possible corruption, yes that include video and game files: Hello, as the title says I'm wondering if there's a Windows or some legit tool I can use to check for every single files on my Hard Drive/s, and I'm not only talking about system files like I think these tools only search for.The thing that happens to me everynow and then is...
  4. How to check EVERY files for possible corruption, yes that include video and game files

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to check EVERY files for possible corruption, yes that include video and game files: Hello, as the title says I'm wondering if there's a Windows or some legit tool I can use to check for every single files on my Hard Drive/s, and I'm not only talking about system files like I think these tools only search for.The thing that happens to me everynow and then is...
  5. Checking that my files are not corrupt

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Checking that my files are not corrupt: When I make a backup of my USB stick folder that has a few thousand personal files in it, I look at the backup I have just made and look at the folder properties and make sure the backup folder size is identical in bytes as to the original. Is this a good way to make sure the...
  6. Checking that my files are not corrupt

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Checking that my files are not corrupt: When I make a backup of my USB stick folder that has a few thousand personal files in it, I look at the backup I have just made and look at the folder properties and make sure the backup folder size is identical in bytes as to the original. Is this a good way to make sure the...
  7. Possibly corrupt files

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Possibly corrupt files: I recently tried to run an Adobe application on my Win 11 machine. I have a full version of Win 11. The app would not open so I contacted tech support and after an hour+ of troubleshooting they determined that the problem is that my system has 2 corrupt files: msvcr100.dll...
  8. Possibly corrupt files

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Possibly corrupt files: I recently tried to run an Adobe application on my Win 11 machine. I have a full version of Win 11. The app would not open so I contacted tech support and after an hour+ of troubleshooting they determined that the problem is that my system has 2 corrupt files: msvcr100.dll...
  9. Disk Check Corrupted Files

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Disk Check Corrupted Files: I need help, I was doing a disk check on my laptop Asus X453S and suddenly my laptop shutdown, and started the disk check again, but it restarted again, the third time it happened i canceled the disk check because im afraid of corruption of the files, but because of that, i...
  10. Game files corruption

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Game files corruption: I can still access my hard disk without problems, I can copy, paste and move files. But what I don't understand is that when I'm installing games, those game files are being corrupted. Here are the examples.[ATTACH][ATTACH] Any possibles causes and solutions for this...