Windows 10: How to check File Path of Mounted ISO in Windows 11

Discus and support How to check File Path of Mounted ISO in Windows 11 in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; [IMG]This post shows how to check the file path of mounted ISO on a Windows 11/10 PC. This comes in handy when you don’t remember the actual location... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by WinClub, Mar 31, 2024.

1. WinClub New Member

How to check File Path of Mounted ISO in Windows 11

How to check File Path of Mounted ISO in Windows 11 [​IMG]
    This post shows how to check the file path of mounted ISO on a Windows 11/10 PC. This comes in handy when you don’t remember the actual location of the mounted ISO image file stored on your PC. We have covered some easy options to find the file path or location of a single ISO […]

This article How to check File Path of Mounted ISO in Windows 11 first appeared on TheWindowsClub.com.

read more...

WinClub, Mar 31, 2024
  2. Nikhar_K Win User

Error when mounting ISO files

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

I understand when you are trying to delete/rename/move the ISO files after mounting it you get an error message. It could be possible that the ISO file is mounted and that is the reason you are unable to modify it.

I suggest you to eject the ISO file and then try to modify it. Please follow the steps mentioned below:

1. Press Windows key + E, to open
      File Explorer
    2. Click on This PC on the left pane, you will find the mounted ISO file.
    3. Right click on the ISO file and click on Eject. Try modifying the ISO file now.

Please reply with the status of the issue, we will be glad to help you further.

Regards,

Nikhar Khare

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Nikhar_K, Mar 31, 2024
  3. Eric Ber Win User
    Error mounting .ISO files in Windows 10

Hi,

There are several reasons why you are having issues mounting ISO files on your Windows 10 Home computer. To assist you better, kindly answer the questions below:

• What other troubleshooting steps have you done so far?
    • Have you tried mounting the ISO files on another computer?
    • Have you tried copying the ISO file to your desktop and mount it from there?
    • Do you have a CD/DVD drive installed on your computer?

Regards.

Eric Ber, Mar 31, 2024
  4. How to check File Path of Mounted ISO in Windows 11

How to customize iso file and Dell integrate drivers

**You mean extract the drivers to a folder on my computer? Please see my screenshot**

Yes, you need to extract the drivers to a folder on your computer. Based on the screenshot you provided, it looks like you've already downloaded the Dell driver package to your computer.

To extract the drivers from the package, follow these steps:

1. Create a new folder on your computer to store the extracted drivers.

2. Right-click on the Dell driver package file and select "Extract All" from the context menu.

3. In the "Extract Compressed (Zipped) Folders" window, select the folder you created in step 1 as the destination for the extracted files.

4. Click the "Extract" button to start the extraction process.

5. Once the extraction is complete, you should see a folder with the extracted driver files.

**it has install.esd file not install.wim file**

If your Windows 11 ISO file contains an "install.esd" file instead of an "install.wim" file, you can still integrate the Dell drivers into the ISO file using the DISM tool.

Follow these steps:

1. Create a folder on your computer to store the extracted ISO files.

2. Mount the Windows 11 ISO file by right-clicking on it and selecting "Mount" from the context menu.

3. Open a Command Prompt as an administrator.

4. Type the following command in the Command Prompt to check the index number of the mounted ISO file: "dism /Get-WimInfo /WimFile:[drive letter]:\sources\install.esd". Replace "[drive letter]" with the drive letter of the mounted ISO file.

5. Look for the index number of the Windows 11 edition you want to customize. For example, if you want to customize the Windows 11 Pro edition, look for the index number of "Windows 11 Pro".

6. Type the following command to mount the image to a folder on your computer: "dism /Mount-Image /ImageFile:[drive letter]:\sources\install.esd /Index:[index number] /MountDir:[path to mount folder]". Replace "[drive letter]" with the drive letter of the mounted ISO file, "[index number]" with the index number of the Windows 11 edition you want to customize, and "[path to mount folder]" with the path to the folder you created in step 1.

7. Type the following command to integrate the Dell drivers into the mounted image: "dism /Image:[path to mount folder] /Add-Driver /Driver:[path to extracted driver folder] /Recurse". Replace "[path to mount folder]" with the path to the folder you created in step 1, and "[path to extracted driver folder]" with the path to the folder where you extracted the Dell drivers in the previous step.

8. Once the drivers are integrated, type the following command to unmount the image: "dism /Unmount-Image /MountDir:[path to mount folder] /Commit". Replace "[path to mount folder]" with the path to the folder you created in step 1.

9. Create a new ISO file by using a tool like NTLite. Add the extracted contents of the mounted ISO file, including the modified "install.esd" file, to the new ISO file.

Let's see if that helps.

Cristiano Rocha1, Mar 31, 2024
Thema:

How to check File Path of Mounted ISO in Windows 11

1. How to check File Path of Mounted ISO in Windows 11 - Similar Threads - check File Path

2. Cannot mount ISO file in Windows 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cannot mount ISO file in Windows 11: My laptop came with Windows 11 Pro.It will not mount an ISO file.I've right-clicked, selected "mount", get the spinning wheel for a while, then get a message that there is an error mounting the file.Tried right-clicking and selecting Open With... Windows Explorer. Same...
  3. Cannot mount ISO file in Windows 11

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Cannot mount ISO file in Windows 11: My laptop came with Windows 11 Pro.It will not mount an ISO file.I've right-clicked, selected "mount", get the spinning wheel for a while, then get a message that there is an error mounting the file.Tried right-clicking and selecting Open With... Windows Explorer. Same...
  4. Problem mounting the iso file

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Problem mounting the iso file: I am having two virtual machines, server 1 and server-db.I have copied an sql iso file from server1 to server db. But when i try to install sql on db server, it is giving me an error “sorry, there was a problem mounting the file”.I have copied the iso file through UNC...
  5. Problem mounting the iso file

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Problem mounting the iso file: I am having two virtual machines, server 1 and server-db.I have copied an sql iso file from server1 to server db. But when i try to install sql on db server, it is giving me an error “sorry, there was a problem mounting the file”.I have copied the iso file through UNC...
  6. Checking Win10 version from a mounted ISO file?

in Windows 10 Support
    Checking Win10 version from a mounted ISO file?: II have an ISO file just called Windows10.ISO and it is mounted with the Windows 10 installation files including the INSTALL.ESD but I have no idea which version it is. How can I tell if it is version 1909? 149770
  7. Iso file mounting

in Windows 10 Virtualization
    Iso file mounting: I want to know if you can delete the ISO File right after you mount it, does it keep mounted? Because I am having low space in my driver and I want to install this app, but the size is bigger than my available space so that's why. 144282
  8. ISO Files Won't Mount

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    ISO Files Won't Mount: [ATTACH] Hello, I've been having trouble with opening/mounting ISO files. These problems didn't happen before and have never happened before, so you can imagine my bewilderment. I click on the ISO files and my computer appears to be processing it, since I get the hour glass...
  9. How do I find the path to the ISO file of a mounted virtual DVD.

How do I find the path to the ISO file of a mounted virtual DVD.: Downloaded Windows 10 Iso using a program from one of the links here: Windows ISO Version 1511 help needed - Windows 10 Forums, and I have the ISO mounted as a virtual DVD drive - but cannot find where the ISO has downloaded to. Is there an easy generic way - command line,...
  10. Mounting ISO file

Mounting ISO file: I just recently updated from windows 7 to windows 10 I use ISO files regularly and need to get this fixed. I am unable to mount any iso files or even run and iso mounting software. I keep reading that all i have to do is select the file and i should be given the option either...