Windows 10: How to check for malware?

Discus and support How to check for malware? in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; I'm not sure if i should create a thread on this or post it in my already posting thread. But i think it should be own thread. Windows 10 pro. I only... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by paulyjustin, Oct 1, 2019.

1. How to check for malware?

I'm not sure if i should create a thread on this or post it in my already posting thread. But i think it should be own thread. Windows 10 pro. I only have windows defender and do the quick scan and full scan and the malicious file scan and thats all. I had connected my laptop's ac adapter to a powerbank to charge it for a few minutes before pulling it out and then connecting it back to my laptop.

I know that its possible malware can exist in powerbank and even though i did not connect powerbank directly to the laptop, its still possible at least i believe.

Is there software that could check if any malware exist in my laptop? If so, what program to use? Is malwarebytes good? Can it detect things like that? I used malwarebyte years ago but haven't used it since because people on forums say you don't need it, you have windows defender and thats enough.

:)

paulyjustin, Oct 1, 2019
  2. Sasqui Win User

Overclocking / Undervolting guide for Vega 56 or 64?

Here's a quick laundry list:

List of software to use for overclocking and testing
    Examples:
    Wattman (and how to find and use it, like an overview, including profiles)
    Unigine Valley or Heaven (use this for quick testing while changing settings in Wattman and checking for stability / artifacts) ...just suggesting this
    How to monitor cores / mem speeds and temps during testing (I've seen screen overlays, and others using GPUz)

Step-by step overclocking in Wattman
    Fan speeds
    Power limit
    Temp limit
    Voltages
    Core speeds
    Memory speeds

Sasqui, Oct 1, 2019
  3. Le Boule Win User
    Le Boule, Oct 1, 2019
  4. Boatvan Win User

How to check for malware?

Did our Epson printer get hacked?

Another question, is this on a home network or a work network? The steps @eidairaman1 listed are always a good first step. If this is on a work network you manage, I'd be much more concerned than the home one. It is possible someone is screwing with you, but malware could also be the culprit.

Boatvan, Oct 1, 2019
Thema:

How to check for malware?

1. How to check for malware? - Similar Threads - check malware

2. My camera in HP Envy x360 is stuck. It has a light grey background. I checked for updates...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My camera in HP Envy x360 is stuck. It has a light grey background. I checked for updates...: My camera in HP Envy x360 is stuck. It has a light grey background. I checked for updates in drives, there are none. I also switched on and off the shutter. still the same issue...
  3. How to stop malware "Antimalware" - it checks my device 8 times it reported this info being...

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    How to stop malware "Antimalware" - it checks my device 8 times it reported this info being...: Microsoft spyware "Antimalware" scans my device 8 times daily?, how to stop it if Microsoft malware ignores settings at all it's disabled, but load CPU for 40%. Thanks....
  4. Checking my registry to delete some found two Chinese entries, 100% malware

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Checking my registry to delete some found two Chinese entries, 100% malware: chinese entries translated into "get the details" and "enjoy". obviously there is malware of some sort, but my computer is running fine and nothing i have has been compromised as far as i know. i want to know if there is a way to see what the harm is and scan the files to...
  5. Checking my registry to delete some found two Chinese entries, 100% malware

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Checking my registry to delete some found two Chinese entries, 100% malware: chinese entries translated into "get the details" and "enjoy". obviously there is malware of some sort, but my computer is running fine and nothing i have has been compromised as far as i know. i want to know if there is a way to see what the harm is and scan the files to...
  6. Checking my registry to delete some found two Chinese entries, 100% malware

7. Help identify the malware and check if it's removed completely

Help identify the malware and check if it's removed completely: I'm trying to make sure that my dad's laptop running Windows 10 Home is safe, He wanted to download a bunch of PDFs in one .rar file. When extracted, it contained several .jpg files and a Collection.lnk file. He clicked the .lnk file which executed the following:as logged by...
  8. Check Virus and Malwares

Check Virus and Malwares: From 2 or 3 days, I'm noticing that the performance of my pc is very low. I think that it is because of virus and malwares. So anyone tell me how I can clean virus and malwares from my pc....
  9. SCEP sample for malware check is seen as threat by Microsoft but does not download detection

SCEP sample for malware check is seen as threat by Microsoft but does not download detection: Why does a threat sample to Microsoft which is reported as malware by Microsoft does not have a definition update occur to SCEP? d9af659456660bfba5b2086188d4c751 Submission ID: 8cb42237-ac29-45bf-a340-ae16237790cc Status: Completed File name Final determination Protection...
  10. What's the Best Program to Check for Malware?

What's the Best Program to Check for Malware?: I'd like to know what's the best program to check for malware on my PC? 110997