Windows 10: How to check If HDR is supported on a Windows 11 PC?

Discus and support How to check If HDR is supported on a Windows 11 PC? in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; [ATTACH]Who doesn’t like watching their favorite movies and shows with the best possible quality? HDR in Windows is there to make your wish possible.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by WinClub, Oct 13, 2021.

1. WinClub New Member

How to check If HDR is supported on a Windows 11 PC?

How to check If HDR is supported on a Windows 11 PC? HDR-in-Windows-11.jpg
    Who doesn’t like watching their favorite movies and shows with the best possible quality? HDR in Windows is there to make your wish possible. But first, we need to check if HDR is supported on a Windows 11 PC. What is HDR in Windows? HDR or High Dynamic Range is a video style that inculcates […]

This article How to check If HDR is supported on a Windows 11 PC? first appeared on TheWindowsClub.com.

read more...

WinClub, Oct 13, 2021
  2. wolf Win User

Resident Evil 7 for PC will support HDR and 4K, No Cross Saves for Steam

Japanese developer and publisher Capcom has publicized that the PC version of their anticipated Resident Evil 7 game will support up to 4K resolutions and HDR. Naturally HDR will remain dependent on being connected to a compatible TV or panel, whereas high resolution support could provide additional levels of image quality through the use of super sampling on screens that do not support such resolutions natively. It is said that HDR will complement the immersive experience, better enabling the game to deliver overwhelming fear and ultimate horror.

As previously revealed by Capcom, Resident Evil 7 will also support cross saves between the PC and Xbox One versions of the game, however this will only be possible if you purchase it for PC on the Windows Store. Resident Evil 7 is also available on Steam and this version will not support cross saving. Resident Evil 7 will be available for PC on the 25 January, 2017.

How to check If HDR is supported on a Windows 11 PC? c647664e9f83_thm.jpg

The System Requirements are listed below. Note that Minimum targets 1080p/30fps, and Recommended targets 1080p/60fps. We can only speculate at this stage as to what hardware would be required for 4k/30fps or 4k/60fps.

MINIMUM:
    • Processor: Intel Core i5-4460, 2.70GHz or AMD FX-6300 or better
    • Memory: 8 GB RAM
    • Graphics: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 760 or AMD Radeon R7 260x with 2GB Video RAM
    • DirectX: Version 11
    • Sound Card: DirectSound compatible (must support DirectX 9.0c or higher)
    • Additional Notes: Hardware specification target 1080P/30FPS. *Internet connection required for game activation. The game is still undergoing development, so all PC requirements are subject to change.
    RECOMMENDED:
    • Processor: Intel Core i7 3770 3.4GHz or AMD equivalent or better
    • Memory: 8 GB RAM
    • Graphics: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 960 or AMD Radeon R9 280X or better with 4GB Video RAM
    • DirectX: Version 11
    • Sound Card: DirectSound compatible (must support DirectX 9.0c or higher)
    • Additional Notes: Hardware specification target 1080P/60FPS. *Internet connection required for game activation. The game is still undergoing development, so all PC requirements are subject to change.

3. (17763.1 and 18362.1)Play HDR apps and games option disapper when I set duplicate mode.

Hi Lin,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

In order to get clarity on this issue and assist you with appropriate troubleshooting steps, please reply with the answers to the questions below.

1. What is the make and model of your computer?
    2. What is the make and model of your both monitors?
    3. As you have given multiple versions of Windows 10, is this issue occurring on multiple computers?

Not all displays are optimized for HDR. If you have two displays and move the HDR video onto a display that’s not optimized for HDR, you’ll get the appropriate standard dynamic range (SDR) as soon as new content starts to play.

To play streaming high dynamic range (HDR) video in Windows 10, your external display and Windows 10 PC needs to support HDR. To find the specifications for a specific PC or external display, visit the device manufacturer’s website.

It might be that one of your monitors doesn’t' support HDR, so I suggest you to refer
    Display requirements for HDR video in Windows 10 and check
    if your monitors support HDR.

You may also refer Stream HDR video on Windows 10 and
    HDR and WCG color settings in Windows 10 and check if this helps.

We're looking forward to your response.

Shafeeq_Khan, Oct 13, 2021
  4. How to check If HDR is supported on a Windows 11 PC?

I could turn on the HDR and WCG setting on initially today when I connected a new HDR TV.

Hello,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

I understand that you are unable to turn on HDR and WCG color settings in Windows 10. This issue might occur due to incompatible drivers.

I suggest you to roll back the display drivers and check if that helps. Refer the steps mentioned below:

1. Press 'Windows
    + R' key together on your Keyboard.

2. Type 'devmgmt.msc' and hit enter.

3. Expand the display adapter option from the list.

4. Right click on the driver and click on 'Properties'.

5. Click on 'Driver' tab and check for 'Roll Back Driver'. If the roll back option is available, roll back the driver and restart the
    computer.

If you are still facing issues with color after enabling HDR on your PC and if you’re using an HDMI connection and your display supports HDR over a DisplayPort connection, use DisplayPort instead to connect your PC and display.

• If HDMI is your only option, use that, and then do one of the following:

Reduce the frame rate

1. Select Settings > System > Display > Advanced display settings, and then select Display adapter properties.
      2. In the display’s Properties box, select the Monitor tab, select 30 Hertz for the Screen refresh rate, and then select OK.

- OR -

Reduce the resolution

1. Select Settings > System > Display > Advanced display settings, and then select Display adapter properties
      2. On the Adapter tab, select List All Modes.

In List All Modes, select the setting that includes 1920 by 1080, 60 Hertz, and then select OK.

Hope it helps.

Sandeep Kumar M

Microsoft Community – Moderator

Sandeep_KM, Oct 13, 2021
Thema:

How to check If HDR is supported on a Windows 11 PC?

1. How to check If HDR is supported on a Windows 11 PC? - Similar Threads - check HDR supported

2. HDR is not supported

in Windows 10 Gaming
    HDR is not supported: that is my laptop Legion 5-15IMH05H Lenovo - Type 81Y6 I had HDR working i rested my pc now is not supported. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/hdr-is-not-supported/183bc407-5d1e-4f8d-aaa4-338b6a1821f6
  3. HDR is not supported

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    HDR is not supported: that is my laptop Legion 5-15IMH05H Lenovo - Type 81Y6 I had HDR working i rested my pc now is not supported. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/hdr-is-not-supported/183bc407-5d1e-4f8d-aaa4-338b6a1821f6
  4. HDR not supported

in Windows 10 Gaming
    HDR not supported: Hello,I recently changed both my computer and my monitor, both of which are compatible with HDR10 Technology. However, on Windows 11, it says that I can't use HDR because it's not supported. In the settings of the monitor itself, HDR appears as 'auto'. When opening DXDIAG, it...
  5. HDR not supported

HDR not supported: Hello,I recently changed both my computer and my monitor, both of which are compatible with HDR10 Technology. However, on Windows 11, it says that I can't use HDR because it's not supported. In the settings of the monitor itself, HDR appears as 'auto'. When opening DXDIAG, it...
  6. HDR not supported

in Windows 10 Gaming
    HDR not supported: I have two HDR monitors but recently I found HDR settings say unsupported , why is that ? Windows 11 ProI have Windows 11 updated to latest and AMD GPU updated to latest. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/hdr-not-supported/4b1207a0-26e0-497c-a7af-27ac276a606f
  7. HDR not supported

HDR not supported: I have two HDR monitors but recently I found HDR settings say unsupported , why is that ? Windows 11 ProI have Windows 11 updated to latest and AMD GPU updated to latest. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/hdr-not-supported/4b1207a0-26e0-497c-a7af-27ac276a606f
  8. HDR support for windows 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    HDR support for windows 11: I search the forum and there are many questions about HDR but I could not find the solution of my issue.I have LG 34WP65C-B that is capable of HDR10. When go to System>Display>HDR. I get Play streaming HDR video not supported, Use HDR not supported. But when I run DxDiag I...
  9. HDR support for windows 11

HDR support for windows 11: I search the forum and there are many questions about HDR but I could not find the solution of my issue.I have LG 34WP65C-B that is capable of HDR10. When go to System>Display>HDR. I get Play streaming HDR video not supported, Use HDR not supported. But when I run DxDiag I...
  10. HDR: not supported

in Windows 10 Customization
    HDR: not supported: hello. My computer can not use HDMI when i reinstall windows 10 and i want to know why that happen https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/hdr-not-supported/43e886f3-86db-435d-8eae-982efb43bfb0