Windows 10: How to check if laptop is receiving enough power?

Discus and support How to check if laptop is receiving enough power? in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; I have an old 64-bit Gateway laptop that im tinkering with and was wondering if theres software I could use to check power input. I had to solder on a... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Setherz6104, Feb 5, 2019.

1. How to check if laptop is receiving enough power?

I have an old 64-bit Gateway laptop that im tinkering with and was wondering if theres software I could use to check power input. I had to solder on a new power jack and the laptop shuts off when playing games and even starting a stress test. I'm eliminating factors such as processor overheat and would like to see if my solder job wasn't good enough.

Thanks!

:)

Setherz6104, Feb 5, 2019
  2. Sasqui Win User

Overclocking / Undervolting guide for Vega 56 or 64?

Here's a quick laundry list:

List of software to use for overclocking and testing
    Examples:
    Wattman (and how to find and use it, like an overview, including profiles)
    Unigine Valley or Heaven (use this for quick testing while changing settings in Wattman and checking for stability / artifacts) ...just suggesting this
    How to monitor cores / mem speeds and temps during testing (I've seen screen overlays, and others using GPUz)

Step-by step overclocking in Wattman
    Fan speeds
    Power limit
    Temp limit
    Voltages
    Core speeds
    Memory speeds

Sasqui, Feb 5, 2019
  3. probldems with power

Hi,

Your concern about your laptop turning off completely when placed on sleep mode may indicate a possible improper power plan configuration. As an initial step to rule out any power settings issues, we suggest that you reset the settings to default. To do
    this, follow the steps below:

• Type cmd in the search box.
    • Right clickCommand Prompt from the list, and select
      Run as administrator.
    • Type or copy and paste the command below:

powercfg -restoredefaultschemes
    • Wait for the command to finish and restart the device if prompted.

Once you're done, check if the issue persists.

Darwin Dim, Feb 5, 2019
  4. How to check if laptop is receiving enough power?

Desktop Turns On When Laptop Powered Up

Hi,

Welcome to Microsoft Community.

I suggest you for follow the methods below and check if it helps in solving the issue:

Method 1: Run Power Troubleshooter.

You may try to run the Power Troubleshooter and Reset the power options.

• Type “Troubleshooting” in search box and press Enter.

• Click on “View all” on the top left pane.

• Select Power from the list and follow the prompts for troubleshooting.

Method 2:

Run the in-built Network troubleshooter by following the steps below.

• Type “troubleshooting” in the search box and press Enter.

• Click on “View all” on the top left corner.

• Click on “Network Adapter” and follow the prompts for troubleshooting.
    Then, shutdown your PC and check.

Let us know the status.

Regards,

Guru Kiran

Guru Kiran G, Feb 5, 2019
Thema:

How to check if laptop is receiving enough power?

1. How to check if laptop is receiving enough power? - Similar Threads - check laptop receiving

2. Received "not enough disk space" error with 4TB of space???

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Received "not enough disk space" error with 4TB of space???: I am receiving a message that states, "not enough disk space" error message number 0x80780119, I just purchased a 4TB HDD. How is that not enough space??? I formatted it to use NTFS, I did a quick format because I tried to use a regular format and it ran on and on and never...
  3. Received "not enough disk space" error with 4TB of space???

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Received "not enough disk space" error with 4TB of space???: I am receiving a message that states, "not enough disk space" error message number 0x80780119, I just purchased a 4TB HDD. How is that not enough space??? I formatted it to use NTFS, I did a quick format because I tried to use a regular format and it ran on and on and never...
  4. SEND RECEIVE ARRAY accuracy check

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    SEND RECEIVE ARRAY accuracy check: Hi, I'm learning ARRAYS, in my case I'm sending using SPI. I have tried lots of different ideas, and am figuring out that each BYTE, is sent anonymously, so must be labelled correctly by the receiver e,g 1st = 1st and so on. Is this correct? I have a send(10) BYTE ARRAY,...
  5. USB ports not providing enough power

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    USB ports not providing enough power: I got ASRock Z390 Phantom Gaming - ITX/acIntel i5 9600K 6x CPU @ 3.70 GHz UHD Graphics 630 Coffee Lake No HyperThreadI connect Bosch mini to charge it.On Linux there is no problem charging it.On Windows It won't charge.Is there some power setting in the USB driver?...
  6. Is the power supply enough (crash)?

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Is the power supply enough (crash)?: My pc crashed often under heavy load and I wonder if it is because of the power supply (no error message was shown) Have a 500w power supply GPU: RTX 2070 super KFA2 CPU: Ryzen 5 3600 Motherboard: b450 tomahawk max Ram: 16gb gskill aegis 3200mhz And another m.2...
  7. I have a 8TB hard drive that's somehow not receiving enough Power...

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    I have a 8TB hard drive that's somehow not receiving enough Power...: [img] I actually got this from an external hard drive, and I wanted to install it to my own tower. Problem is that somehow it is not receiving enough power to get the regular sata data cable to read anything off of it. What do I do honestly? 105410
  8. How to check for issues after a power failure?

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    How to check for issues after a power failure?: This morning, the electricity went out for a second, and my computer shut down, then started back up when the power came back on. How can I be 100% sure that no important Windows files (or the registry or master file table) were corrupted? I'm a bit paranoid because my old...
  9. Could my outlet not generate enough power?

in Windows 10 Support
    Could my outlet not generate enough power?: Hello, I need help on a lot of basic levels here. I am by no means an electrician and while I know the theory I have no idea where to begin. My pc works 100% perfect except on the first cold boot of the day. When I turn on my pc, there's a 50% chance that my GPU won't...
  10. Is my laptop powerful enough

in Windows 10 Support
    Is my laptop powerful enough: Hi I'm currently the proud owner of a 7-year-old (yes, really) Dell Latitude D830 laptop which has 4Gb of memory. Off the top of my head I can't remember the processor speed. It also has a 72Gb hard drive. At the moment I'm running Windows 7 Ultimate edition and am...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. check stability power on laptop