Windows 10: How to check if Windows 11 is activated

Discus and support How to check if Windows 11 is activated in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; In this guide, we are going to walk you through the steps of verifying that your Windows 11 computer is activated. Many Windows 11 systems are... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by GHacks, Oct 25, 2021.

1. GHacks
    GHacks New Member

How to check if Windows 11 is activated

In this guide, we are going to walk you through the steps of verifying that your Windows 11 computer is activated. Many Windows 11 systems are activated by default; this is the case when a PC with Windows 11 pre-installed was bought, or when a device was upgraded from Windows 10 to Windows 11, if the Windows 10 device was activated. Upgrades from Windows 10 to Windows 11 are free.

Still, it happened in the past that previously activated devices were not activated anymore. Personalization options are locked on Windows 11 devices that are not activated, this is one way of noticing that something is not right.

The following changes are made by Windows 11 if a system is not activated:

1. Some Personalization options are locked.
    2. The Settings app displays an Activation notificaton.
    3. A Activate Windows 11 watermark is added to the desktop.
    4. Windows 11 displays prompts to activate the operating system frequently.

Windows 11 users have several options to find out if their Windows 11 license is activated on the device. Some of the options have changed compared to Windows 10. The Control Panel option is no longer available, and the Settings application page has been moved.

Tip: you can check out our Windows 10 activation guide here.

Find out if Windows 11 is activated using the Settings app

How to check if Windows 11 is activated windows-activation-status-windows-11-settings.png

Open the Settings application with a click on Start and the selection of Settings. The first screen that is opened displays a notification if Windows 11 is not activated. It has a link to activate the system.

Microsoft changed the main activation page in the Settings application in Windows 11. On Windows 10, you could select Update & Security > Activation to find out if the operating system is activated and to enter or change a product key.

On Windows 11, you need to go to System > About > Product key and activation.

How to check if Windows 11 is activated windows-11-activation-status-change-product-key.png

Windows 11 displays the activation state on the page. Additional information is displayed if the device is not activated. The screenshot above shows one of these errors: "Windows reported that no product key was found on your device. Error code: 0xC004F213".

An option to change the product key is provided; this is only necessary if Windows 11 is not activated.

Using the Command Prompt

How to check if Windows 11 is activated check-activation-status-command-line.png

If you prefer to use a Terminal application such as the Command Prompt, you may find out about the activation status with a single command.

Here is how that is done:

1. Open Start.
    2. Type cmd.exe and select the result with the mouse or the Enter-key.
    3. Type slmgr /xpr in the command prompt window and hit the Enter-key to run the command.

Windows 11 displays the activation status. Note that the message if Windows 11 is not activated is rather cryptic -- "Windows is in Notification mode" -- if the system is not activated but still in the notification phase.

Tip: you can use the command slmgr for other activation related commands:

• slmgr /dli -- displays license information about the current license, including the activation status.
    • slmgr /dlv -- displays detailed license information.
    • slmgr /ipk <product key> -- change the product key of the system with the help of the command.
    • slmgr /ato -- activate Windows 11.

Now You: Do you use any of the methods to check if Windows 11 is activated?

Thank you for being a Ghacks reader. The post How to check if Windows 11 is activated appeared first on gHacks Technology News.

read more...

GHacks, Oct 25, 2021
  2. Arun B J Win User

IE 11 not working

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I understand your concern and will assist you to resolve this issue.

I suggest you to follow the steps below and check if it helps.

Windows 10 has a built-in troubleshooter to check and fix issues with Internet Explorer. I would suggest you to run this troubleshooter to check if the issue is with your Explorer.

Refer these steps:

• Press Windows key +X, select Control panel
    • Change the view by option on the top right to Large icons
    • Click on troubleshooting and click on the view all option on the left panel
    • Run the Internet Explorer performance troubleshooter
    And also refer the link below and check if it helps.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-in/internet-explorer/ie-crashes-stops-working#ie=ie-11

Hope this helps. If the issue remains unresolved, please get back to us and we would be happy to help.

Arun B J, Oct 25, 2021
  3. Taskbar bug: switching to another window -will not appear at the front

Follow either of these steps to fix the issue with the Active window hiding behind.

Method 1:
    I suggest you to disable window by hovering over it with the mouse and check if it helps. To do so I suggest you to try the below given steps and check if it helps:

1. Press Windows key + X key and click on Control Panel.
    2. Select or click Ease of Access.
    3. Click or tap onEase of Access Centre.
    4. Click on Make the Mouse Easier to Use was uncheck Activate Window by hovering over it with the mouse.
    5. Check if issue is resolved.
    Method 2:
    I would suggest you to completely uninstall the touchpad driver and reinstall it. Kindly follow the below given steps.

1. Press “Windows key + X” and click on “Device Manager”.
    2. In the list of devices, you should see the touchpad drivers.
    3. Right click on the device and then select "Uninstall".
    4. In the uninstall dialog, make sure you select the option to delete the driver package from the system. This causes the driver package installed earlier to be deleted.
    5. In the Action menu of Device manager, select “Scan for Hardware changes” option. This will cause the device driver to be reinstalled. Once the driver is installed, close all windows and restart the computer.

ChojiTiger, Oct 25, 2021
  4. Karen Her Win User

Spell check stopped working in IE 11

Hi,

This issue could occur due to some changes in the settings. For Internet Explorer 11 in Windows 10, the spelling correction controls/options are in the settings of Windows, and not in Internet Explorer. Here are the steps to check it:

• Click on the Start button, and go to Settings.
    • Choose Devices, and select Typing.
    • Toggle all the options to ON.
    • You may have to relaunch Internet Explorer for the changes to take effect.

Since you have tried clearing your cache and cookies, we suggests that you reset your Internet Explorer settings. Here are the steps:

• Select the Tools button, and go to Internet options.
    • Choose the Advanced tab, and select Reset.
    • In the Reset Internet Explorer Settings dialog box, select
      Reset.
    • When Internet Explorer finishes applying default settings, select Close, and then select
      OK. Restart your PC to apply changes.

Let us know how it goes.

Karen Her, Oct 25, 2021
Thema:

1. How to check if Windows 11 is activated - Similar Threads - check activated

2. I have reinstalled windows but did't check what email my windows activation was linked to

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    I have reinstalled windows but did't check what email my windows activation was linked to: I probably made it for that dumb menu you cannot skip when your connected to the internet while installing windows.So now i have no idea what email that was and that was like 3-4 years ago and never bothered to check what email it was.What can i do now?...
  3. How can I check a Windows 11 Key without activating it?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How can I check a Windows 11 Key without activating it?: I bought Windows 11 Pro and Office Pro Plus 2021 licenses from Amazon Woot to use on a future PC my current hardware doesn't support Windows 11. When I tried to activate the Office license, activation said the key was bad. I contacted Woot and they refunded my money so I...
  4. How can I check a Windows 11 Key without activating it?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How can I check a Windows 11 Key without activating it?: I bought Windows 11 Pro and Office Pro Plus 2021 licenses from Amazon Woot to use on a future PC my current hardware doesn't support Windows 11. When I tried to activate the Office license, activation said the key was bad. I contacted Woot and they refunded my money so I...
  5. I can't active my window 11 i dont what's happening check ss below

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I can't active my window 11 i dont what's happening check ss below: Im facing this https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-cant-active-my-window-11-i-dont-whats-happening/662811f8-a613-456a-90ce-72357fb2d3da
  6. I can't active my window 11 i dont what's happening check ss below

I can't active my window 11 i dont what's happening check ss below: Im facing this https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-cant-active-my-window-11-i-dont-whats-happening/662811f8-a613-456a-90ce-72357fb2d3da
  7. How to check if my windows installation is Activated?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to check if my windows installation is Activated?: Hi, How can i check if i purchased the windows 11 version from my Microsoft account? I bought a custom-built desktop last year and the Windows 11 was on trial version. I could see the "Windows trial version" message on the right bottom corner of my desktop.I recently noticed...
  8. How to check if my windows installation is Activated?

How to check if my windows installation is Activated?: Hi, How can i check if i purchased the windows 11 version from my Microsoft account? I bought a custom-built desktop last year and the Windows 11 was on trial version. I could see the "Windows trial version" message on the right bottom corner of my desktop.I recently noticed...
  9. Active Task Bar Icons Not Flashing even though checked

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Active Task Bar Icons Not Flashing even though checked: For some reason my active icons on my taskbar are not flashing when an action occurs. I have the check box checked to show flashing. It just shows a color under the icon in red to indicate something is going on. How can I get the flashing to work? Windows 11....
  10. Active Task Bar Icons Not Flashing even though checked

Active Task Bar Icons Not Flashing even though checked: For some reason my active icons on my taskbar are not flashing when an action occurs. I have the check box checked to show flashing. It just shows a color under the icon in red to indicate something is going on. How can I get the flashing to work? Windows 11....