Windows 10: How To Check If Your Device Meets Windows 11 System Requirements

Discus and support How To Check If Your Device Meets Windows 11 System Requirements in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; If you have recently upgraded the hardware of your PC or laptop, it’ll be good to check whether your device meets the system requirements for Windows... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by GHacks, Mar 26, 2023.

1. GHacks
    GHacks New Member

How To Check If Your Device Meets Windows 11 System Requirements

If you have recently upgraded the hardware of your PC or laptop, it’ll be good to check whether your device meets the system requirements for Windows 11. So, stay here to read the detailed guideline on how to do it.

Why should I check system requirements for Windows 11

It’s simple. Any changes on your device hardware may affect the upgrade eligibility of your device, and thus can cause problems with Windows 11 functioning since Windows 11 requires certain components to function normally.

This is why the PC Health Check app is worth having on your desktop. It can show you that your system doesn’t work properly. Moreover, if messages from the PC Health Check App don't match those messages from Windows Update pages regarding your system requirements, it means that your device doesn’t meet the system requirements for Windows 11.

How To Check If Your Device Meets Windows 11 System Requirements How-To-Check-If-Your-Device-Meets-Windows-11-System-Requirements-02.jpg

What are Windows 11 requirements

Before installing Windows 11, it’ll be better to check whether your device meets these requirements, concerning hardware. The processor should have at least 1 GHz or faster with at least two cores on a 64-bit processor or system on a chip (SoC). Hardware memory should be at least 4 GB, while storage must have at least 64 GB. This is important because of future updates.

Additionally, the device graphic card must be compatible with DirectX 12 or later versions, having a WDDM 2.0 driver, while system firmware should be compatible with UEFI SEcure Boot. We mustn’t forget to have a stable internet connection. Installing Windows 11 also requires having a Microsoft account in order to finish the set-up.

Beside these hardware requirements, your device needs to meet =S requirements and some special features requirements. Luckily, if your device doesn’t meet all these requirements, it’s possible to install Windows 11 using a virtual machine.

How To Check If Your Device Meets Windows 11 System Requirements How-To-Check-If-Your-Device-Meets-Windows-11-System-Requirements-03-scaled.jpg

What Are The Methods For Checking System Requirements For Windows 11

There are two methods that can help you with checking whether your device meets system requirements for Windows 11. You can use the above-mentioned app, the PC Health Check app, or do it manually. We’ll show you how to do that in both ways.

Checking System Requirements for Windows 11 with PC Health Check App

It’s quite easy to check system requirements for Windows 11 with the PC Health Check app. In case you don’t have it, you can download it from the official Microsoft site following their instructions.

Here are the steps on how to use PC Health Check app:

• Press ‘’Windows logo key + S together
    • Select ‘’Search’’
    • Type ‘’pc health check’’
    • Wait until the search is done
    • If you have this app, it’ll be on the list
    • Click on ‘’Pc Health Check’’
    • Chose ‘’Check now’’
    • Wait for the check-up to be done

One important note, this check-up can last for hours, in some cases even for 24 hours. If you don’t have time for waiting, you can do the check-up manually.

How to manually check-up system requirements for Windows 11

Manually check-up isn’t difficult to perform. All you need to do is to follow the steps. You can do this in case you don’t have the PC Health Check app or you don’t want to wait for the app to finish it.

Here are the steps for manually check-up:

• Select ‘’Search’’
    • Type ‘’task scheduler’’
    • Select ‘’task scheduler’’
    • Look for ‘’Microsoft\Windows\Application Experience’’ on the left navigation pane
    • Click on it
    • Then choose ‘’Microsoft Compatibility Appraiser’’ and with right-click with your mouse to select ‘’run’’ - or just press and hold
    • Wait until it is done - it’ll be marked as ‘’ready’’
    • Select ‘’Action’’, and then ‘’Refresh’’ in the top navigation menu if you want to refresh its status.

If it also takes too long, you can use Command Prompt to refresh this process.

How to refresh manual check-up process with Command Prompt

You can refresh the check-up process using Command Prompt, as well. Here are the steps:

• Select ‘’Search’’
    • Type ‘’cmd’’
    • Select ‘’Run as administrator’’ under ‘’Command Prompt’’ shown on the right side
    • Type the following command ‘’schtasks.exe /Run /TN "\Microsoft\Windows\Application Experience\Microsoft Compatibility Appraiser"
    • Press ‘’Enter’’
    • Wait until it’s done - takes a few minutes
    • Reopen ‘’Settings’’
    • Select ‘’Update & Security’’
    • Select ‘’Windows Update’’
    • Wait until it’s done
    Importance Of Checking-Up System Requirements

Having up-to-date device means having a device that works and doesn't crash. These detailed steps help you to do the check-up on your own. If in any case you think it’s complicated and you think you’ll mess up something, then it’ll be better to leave it for those who can. Additionally, you can always check your system requirements even before you install Windows 11 on your device. It’ll let you know whether your device is compatible with WIndows 11.

Thank you for being a Ghacks reader. The post How To Check If Your Device Meets Windows 11 System Requirements appeared first on gHacks Technology News.

read more...

GHacks, Mar 26, 2023
  2. PVWebb Win User

Reliability: Devices that do not meet the minimum system requirements for Windows 11

In "Update on Windows 11 minimum system requirements and the PC Health Check app" is the statement.

Reliability: Devices that do not meet the minimum system requirements had 52% more kernel mode crashes. Devices that do meet the minimum system requirements had a 99.8% crash free experience.

Why does Microsoft make this statement in such a way to exaggerate the statistics?

100% - 1.52*(100%-99.8%) = 99.696%

Thus, devices that do not meet the minimum system requirements are 99.696% crash free.

PVWebb, Mar 26, 2023
  3. What do do if PC health check says my system meets the windows 11 requirements but windows update claims it does not?

basically the title, I go into the windows update app and it tells me "This PC doesn't currently meet the minimum system requirements to run windows 11" then it suggests to see if there are things I can do in the PC Health check app.

when I open the PC health check app and click the check now box under "introducing windows 11" it says "This PC meets windows 11 requirements"

does anyone know what I can do to proceed with updating to windows 11?

Jake Mandeville, Mar 26, 2023
  4. How To Check If Your Device Meets Windows 11 System Requirements

Gérard Oomens, Mar 26, 2023
Thema:

How To Check If Your Device Meets Windows 11 System Requirements

1. How To Check If Your Device Meets Windows 11 System Requirements - Similar Threads - Check Device Meets

2. "This device doesn't meet your organization's requirements for Windows Hello."

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    "This device doesn't meet your organization's requirements for Windows Hello.": "This device doesn't meet your organization's requirements for Windows Hello." I can't set up Sign-in PIN because of this error. It was running perfectly since a year, but after an update i can't able to sign-in with my PIN. I tried everything from microsoft help....
  3. Windows Hello; This device does not meet your organization's requirements

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Hello; This device does not meet your organization's requirements: Hello. I'm setting up a new Windows 11 Pro workstation. It has been my first experience with Windows 11 and was surprised that I needed a Microsoft account outlook, hotmail for the initial setup. I created a throw away MS account, set it up and created a local account....
  4. Windows Hello; This device does not meet your organization's requirements

Windows Hello; This device does not meet your organization's requirements: Hello. I'm setting up a new Windows 11 Pro workstation. It has been my first experience with Windows 11 and was surprised that I needed a Microsoft account outlook, hotmail for the initial setup. I created a throw away MS account, set it up and created a local account....
  5. Reliability: Devices that do not meet the minimum system requirements for Windows 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Reliability: Devices that do not meet the minimum system requirements for Windows 11: In "Update on Windows 11 minimum system requirements and the PC Health Check app" is the statement.Reliability: Devices that do not meet the minimum system requirements had 52% more kernel mode crashes. Devices that do meet the minimum system requirements had a 99.8% crash...
  6. Reliability: Devices that do not meet the minimum system requirements for Windows 11

Reliability: Devices that do not meet the minimum system requirements for Windows 11: In "Update on Windows 11 minimum system requirements and the PC Health Check app" is the statement.Reliability: Devices that do not meet the minimum system requirements had 52% more kernel mode crashes. Devices that do meet the minimum system requirements had a 99.8% crash...
  7. PC's not meeting system requirements for Windows 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    PC's not meeting system requirements for Windows 11: I have several PC's currently running Windows 10 but none meet the system requirements for Windows 11. If I have the motherboard as well as the CPU on each PC upgraded and the system requirements met, would the new operating system still be activated or will I have to buy...
  8. PC's not meeting system requirements for Windows 11

PC's not meeting system requirements for Windows 11: I have several PC's currently running Windows 10 but none meet the system requirements for Windows 11. If I have the motherboard as well as the CPU on each PC upgraded and the system requirements met, would the new operating system still be activated or will I have to buy...
  9. How to upgrade to Windows 11 on a device that doesn't meet the system requirements

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    How to upgrade to Windows 11 on a device that doesn't meet the system requirements: In-place upgrade is not available, so you need to to clean install if you're comfortable with it. Here's how to bypass the requirements and install Windows 11:After copying Windows 11 iso files to your USB, you've gotta replace the files in the sources folder, but not...
  10. This device doesn't meet your organizations requirements for Windows Hello

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    This device doesn't meet your organizations requirements for Windows Hello: Trying to enable Windows Hello but we can't seem to do it. I've enabled Use Windows Hello for Business Use Biometrics like it says to do in some documents from Microsoft, but it's still not working, and the Learn More doesn't tell me anything related to my issue....