Windows 10: How to check log about when computer shutdown, sleep and restart ?

Discus and support How to check log about when computer shutdown, sleep and restart ? in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I check event viewer but they show when you display wake up from sleep and when your display sleep because idle, not when you sleep your computer,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by mikelferdinan, Oct 24, 2019.

1. How to check log about when computer shutdown, sleep and restart ?

I check event viewer but they show when you display wake up from sleep and when your display sleep because idle, not when you sleep your computer, sleep i mean here by pressing sleep in power options from windows start or alt f4 to sleep your computer not sleep the display. Is there a way to get the log when your computer shutdown, sleep and restart ?

:)

mikelferdinan, Oct 24, 2019
  2. 1tomse2 Win User

Computer can't shutdown or sleep, only restart.

Hey guys. I hope someone here can help me with my current problem on my desktop. Whenever I try to shutdown my computer the montior shuts off and my drives stops after a few seconds, but my fans and LEDs keeps running.
    I've tried to do all the suggestions from My Laptop wont shutdown , sleep and restart!! and from Help, my PC with Windows 10 won't shut down properly - Forums - CNET

As of now, the only way I can shutdown my computer is by holding the powerbutton after I hear my drives have stopped or by using the switch on the powersupply.

Thanks in advance and Merry X-mas How to check log about when computer shutdown, sleep and restart ? :)

1tomse2, Oct 24, 2019
  3. Computer restarts after sleep

This is a returning Problem. In late Sept. my computer would restart after shutdown and after sleep. I found a suggestion to turn off "fast start". That solved the problem of restarting after shutdown, but not after sleep. I then found a suggestion to
    change to "Notify to schedule resart" in Windows Update Advanced settings. That solved the restart after sleep issue, UNTILL today, Oct 11. After working fine for about two weeks it restarts upon going to sleep. I did a restore back a few days to when it
    worked, but that did not help.

There were no updates installed in the last two or three days and no new programs added.

Any ideas from here????

DavidWitte, Oct 24, 2019
  4. How to check log about when computer shutdown, sleep and restart ?

Computer sleeps, then restarts

This is a continuing problem. It started about 3 weeks ago when it would not stay in sleep mode (it would restart) and it would restart after shutdown. I unchecked "turn on fast start" which solved the restart after shutdown problem. After further searching
    I changed windows update to "Notify to schedule restart". That solved the restart after sleep problem until three days ago. The problem is now back. After further searching I ran the Windows System File Checker and it found no problems. I have tried several
    suggestions of turning off various sleep related options in device manager but none solved the problem. I restarted the computer in safe mode and it did sleep without restarting. No new programs were added.

I have changed the settings to turn off the screen in 5 minutes but sleep in 30. After 30 minutes the computer sleeps and restarts. The screen comes on for five minutes and the cycle repeats itself.

Any other ideas?????

DavidWitte, Oct 24, 2019
Thema:

How to check log about when computer shutdown, sleep and restart ?

1. How to check log about when computer shutdown, sleep and restart ? - Similar Threads - check log computer

2. My computer was restarted and when I want to check computer log by gpedit, I found it...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My computer was restarted and when I want to check computer log by gpedit, I found it...: Hi Everyone, Here is 2022-3-19 at 16:00. I was having my lunch outside and when I came back, I found that my computer was restarted. It would not cause by network attack because I use the command 'netsh interface set interface XXXX disable' to disable all the interface I use....
  3. My computer was restarted and when I want to check computer log by gpedit, I found it...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My computer was restarted and when I want to check computer log by gpedit, I found it...: Hi Everyone, Here is 2022-3-19 at 16:00. I was having my lunch outside and when I came back, I found that my computer was restarted. It would not cause by network attack because I use the command 'netsh interface set interface XXXX disable' to disable all the interface I use....
  4. Shutdown or Sleep becomes Log out

in Windows 10 Support
    Shutdown or Sleep becomes Log out: Often shut down or sleep will result in log out- it is not a big problem but I wonder what is behind this odd behavior? 182140
  5. How to check the Shutdown and Startup Log in Windows 10

in Windows 10 News
    How to check the Shutdown and Startup Log in Windows 10: [ATTACH]Finding out the last time the PC was correctly turned off or booted up is the way to start for troubleshooting many Windows issues. Another […] This article How to check the Shutdown and Startup Log in Windows 10 first appeared on TheWindowsClub.com. read more...
  6. computer restarts after shutdown with mouse or when it goes to sleep

in Windows 10 Support
    computer restarts after shutdown with mouse or when it goes to sleep: when my computer goes to sleep it restarts itself a couple second later...the PC revs up very loud and I have to force shutdown...any ideas folks.. 163088
  7. Laptop restarts when shutdown/sleep or charger connect/disconnect

in Windows 10 Support
    Laptop restarts when shutdown/sleep or charger connect/disconnect: Samsung XE700t1C Windows 10 Home 64bit My laptop cannot turn off without holding the power button. Shutdown or Sleep makes it restart. Connecting or disconnecting the charger also makes it restart. This problem coincided with with another issue where the screen has...
  8. Desktop computer refuses to sleep when logged in

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Desktop computer refuses to sleep when logged in: My system seems to sleep if I do not log in after restarting the system. As soon as I log in, the system becomes an insomniac. I have used Code: powercfg -requests[/quote] to determine that I have a fairly common issue that prevents my system from sleeping. Code: SYSTEM:...
  9. Computer can't shutdown or sleep, only restart.

in Windows 10 Support
    Computer can't shutdown or sleep, only restart.: Hey guys. I hope someone here can help me with my current problem on my desktop. Whenever I try to shutdown my computer the montior shuts off and my drives stops after a few seconds, but my fans and LEDs keeps running. I've tried to do all the suggestions from My Laptop...
  10. Computer won't shutdown or sleep.

in Windows 10 Support
    Computer won't shutdown or sleep.: I have installed W10 twice using the update feature. Everything work fine except when I want to shutdown or put the machine to sleep by clicking on those options, the machine makes noise like the HD is working. It then just shuts down and reboots again. The only way I can...