Windows 10: How to check Macrium backup image file (MRIMG) is valid?

Discus and support How to check Macrium backup image file (MRIMG) is valid? in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; I initiated a copy 40MB MRIMG from a failing HDD to a new HDD. But during the copying process, I believe something went wrong and abruptly stopped.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/zacce, Feb 5, 2021.

1. /u/zacce Win User

How to check Macrium backup image file (MRIMG) is valid?

I initiated a copy 40MB MRIMG from a failing HDD to a new HDD. But during the copying process, I believe something went wrong and abruptly stopped.

The new HDD shows the file. But without restoring (which I don't intend to do now), how do I check whether it's a working image?

submitted by /u/zacce
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/zacce, Feb 5, 2021
  2. topgundcp Win User

Restoring Windows 10 Image using Macrium Reflect

In addition to the above. Here's my suggestion in step by step.
    I assume you have Macrium Installed in your current HD and already made a backup copy.
    1. Connect your new HD via USB port and boot up.
    2. Run Macrium, click on Restore tab then select the Backup Image that you made to restore
    3. click on "select a different target disk" then select your new HD as destination

How to check Macrium backup image file (MRIMG) is valid? [​IMG]
    4. Proceed to restore then Shutdown and disconnect the old HD and replace with the new HD
    5. Boot up with your new HD.

topgundcp, Feb 5, 2021
  3. [HELP]Image recovery issues

Guys i am trying to fix my cousins Asus Eee netbook. It has a backup image file that is partitioned on the hard drive but when I go to use it the app will run through a few steps and stop. It is running Vista . Any suggestions?

Rapidfire48, Feb 5, 2021
  4. How to check Macrium backup image file (MRIMG) is valid?

Cannot copy Macrium Reflect mrimg file using Windows command line

I created full system backup of my Windows 10 PC using Macrium Reflect and it created a .mrimg file of around 400 GB. This file is stored on an external hard drive (HDD). I want to copy it to another disk.

If I drag-and-drop it, the copying works fine on the Windows 10 PC, but it takes very long (estimated time 5+ hours). So I thought of using Robocopy from command line in the hope it would be faster:

But it gives me an error message:

I tried this from both, the usual command prompt and the Windows Powershell , but getting the same error. I did make sure the directory and file names are absolutely correct.

I am wondering if the .mrimg file gets sort of locked when Windows 10 is running?

Curious Leo, Feb 5, 2021
Thema:

How to check Macrium backup image file (MRIMG) is valid?

1. How to check Macrium backup image file (MRIMG) is valid? - Similar Threads - check Macrium backup

2. How to validate Windows System Backup Image

in Windows 10 News
    How to validate Windows System Backup Image: [ATTACH]As a necessary recovery option, during or after you create a system image of your Windows 11 or Windows 10 computer, we recommend you validate the system backup image, which ensures you can successfully restore Windows from it – because if the data on the image or the...
  3. Backup VMFS image with Macrium Reflect

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    Backup VMFS image with Macrium Reflect: Has anyone done this? The question could be strung out to backing up "any" unsupported file system. So the partition will appear as unpartioned space instead of unsupported file system which is what set of my alarm bells. I am thinking to back up using the full sector backup...
  4. Macrium Backup File Size

Macrium Backup File Size: Hello,To backup my windows system I use Macrium reflect (free edition), every 4 - 5 days. One is a full image backup and 4 - 5 days later a differential backup and so on.The system uses 31.8 to 32.2 GB on the disk (no restore point).Usually a full image backup is ~20.6 GB and...
  5. Macrium Backup File Size

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Macrium Backup File Size: Hello,To backup my windows system I use Macrium reflect (free edition), every 4 - 5 days. One is a full image backup and 4 - 5 days later a differential backup and so on.The system uses 31.8 to 32.2 GB on the disk (no restore point).Usually a full image backup is ~20.6 GB and...
  6. What backup media to store Macrium Reflect images-file-folder backups

What backup media to store Macrium Reflect images-file-folder backups: Hey Everyone,I am stuck on what type and size of hard drive that I should use and store my images on and backup my personal data. I am trying to choose between either a desktop external HDD, portable external HDD or internal drive that connects in an enclosure that I would...
  7. Problem mounting Macrium backup image

Problem mounting Macrium backup image: My system is Windows 10 and I am running Macrium Reflect v6.3.1835 for backups. I have two partitions - one for the OS and one for Data and I have scheduled regular FULL backups of both partitions, which are written to an external HDD. I am having trouble trying to mount...
  8. Macrium reflect - running a backup/image question

Macrium reflect - running a backup/image question: I run Macrium reflect free & create an image every week but have always assumed it created a new image (due to my choosing full backup every time) but had used a small 1TB HD for backup so didn't notice anything amiss. Recently I began using a 4TB HD & therefore thought it...
  9. How to validate system image backup

How to validate system image backup: A couple days ago I took a system image backup of Windows 10 to a 3TB drive - something unsupported in Windows 7 because of the 4k segment size. At least I think I took a backup - it did something for a long time. But I just looked at it and Windows says it's 0 bytes long. Is...
  10. Backup image on Macrium rescue pen drive

Backup image on Macrium rescue pen drive: Whether partitioning of pen drive is required to keep backup image on Macrium rescue pen drive? 27742