Windows 10: How to check remote desktop is turned off in Windows 10 Home edition.

Discus and support How to check remote desktop is turned off in Windows 10 Home edition. in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Recently my Microsoft Edge popped up with a search for "remote desktop access to windows 10 pc". As I don't use Edge and had turned off remote desktop... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by GeorgeChang1, Jun 25, 2020.

1. How to check remote desktop is turned off in Windows 10 Home edition.

Recently my Microsoft Edge popped up with a search for "remote desktop access to windows 10 pc". As I don't use Edge and had turned off remote desktop when I upgraded to windows 10 that popping up scared me. I've done malware and virus scans and had help from more techsaavy person, and there's apparently no malware. Currently I want to check to ensure RD is turned off.

I have Windows 10 Home edition and in the remote setting it goes to the app which shows For developers there is onlyEnable Device Portal, Device Discovery, File Explorer, and Powershell.

I had gone into start, control panel, system, remote settings, allow remote settings,rechecked allow remote assistance to this computerto turn it on to access advanced,advanced, unchecked allow this compute to be controlled remotely, set the time to 1 minute, then unchecked allow remote assistance to this computer, apply.

At this point is my remote desktop turned off, the same turned off as if I was in windows 10 pro which would show remote desktop in the For developers app?

A second question is it possible to remove remote desktop completely or plug the ports so that it can not be turned on remotely?

Thanks.

:)

GeorgeChang1, Jun 25, 2020

2. Windows 10 - Remote Desktop

Hi,

We will surely assist you with the issue you are facing with Windows 10.
    - Which version of Windows 10 Operating System are you using?

- Were you able to upgrade to Windows 10 successfully?

I suggest you to refer the below steps and see if this helps.

• Enable remote desktop in settings
      • Control Panel\System and Security\System, Click "Remote Settings" on the left side

• Verify my port forwarding settings were properly forwarding to my computers local IP address
      • run "cmd.exe" and then type "ipconfig". Find your IP from that list
    [*]
    • Make sure your firewall settings are open
    • Go to "Control Panel\System and Security\Windows Firewall\Allowed apps"
    • On the left, click "Allow an app or feature through Windows Firewall"
    • Click "Change Settings"
    • Find "Remote Desktop" in the list and make sure both "Private" and "Public" is checked.

Let us know if this helps.

Thank you.

Credits to : Jace_Sango.

Akheel Ahmed, Jun 25, 2020
  3. Using Remote Desktop to connect to Windows 7 PC from Windows 10 PC

Hi,

To isolate your concern, we'll need the following information:

• What exactly the error message are you getting?
    • How do you set up Remote Desktop connection?
    To check if you are doing it right, make sure Remote Desktop settings is turned on using Windows 10. To check, follow the steps below:

• Press Windows key.
    • Type Allow remote access to your computer.
    • On the Remote tab,under Remote Assistance, check Allow Remote Assistance connections to this computer.
    • Under Remote Desktop, check Allow remote connections to this computer.
    • Click OK.
    To check if Remote Desktop is set up on Windows 7, follow the steps below:

• Go to Control Panel.
    • Click System and Security.
    • Click System.
    • On the left pane, click Remote settings.
    • On the Remote tab, under Remote Assistance, check Allow Remote Assistance connections to this computer.
    • Under Remote Desktop, check Allow connections from computers running any version of Remote Desktop (less secure)
    • Click OK.
    Afterwards, you may now go ahead and start the Remote Desktop connection.

Let us know how it goes.

Jesebel Ova, Jun 25, 2020
  4. How to check remote desktop is turned off in Windows 10 Home edition.

Windows 10 - Remote Desktop Connection

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

In order to assist you further with the issue could you please confirm a couple of things:

• What is the Make and Model of your Computer?
    • Since when are you facing this issue?
    There's a Remote Desktop App available in Windows 10. Follow the steps below to find it:

• Click the Search Bar which is in the Task Bar.
    • Type in Remote Desktop App .
    • Once it pops up click on it and follow the on screen instructions to use it.

If you're facing issues with the app downloaded form the Windows Store I suggest you to run the Windows 10 App troubleshooter and check if this helps. Refer to the link below for more information:

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/run-the-troubleshooter-for-windows-apps

Hope this information was helpful and do let us know if you need further assistance. We will be glad to assist.

Andria Maria Mendez, Jun 25, 2020
Thema:

How to check remote desktop is turned off in Windows 10 Home edition.

1. How to check remote desktop is turned off in Windows 10 Home edition. - Similar Threads - check remote desktop

2. Windows 11 Home Edition Clock will NOT turn off

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 Home Edition Clock will NOT turn off: Hello and thanks for the help. I need to turn the clock OFF in my taskbar. I am running Windows 11 Home Edition with all updates applied. Here is a screenshot of what I have within Personalization, and it does not offer a clock option.There is NO option in Settings ->...
  3. Windows 11 Home Edition Clock will NOT turn off

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 11 Home Edition Clock will NOT turn off: Hello and thanks for the help. I need to turn the clock OFF in my taskbar. I am running Windows 11 Home Edition with all updates applied. Here is a screenshot of what I have within Personalization, and it does not offer a clock option.There is NO option in Settings ->...
  4. Turning off Exclusive Mode in Windows 10 Home Edition

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Turning off Exclusive Mode in Windows 10 Home Edition: How do I turn it off so I can use my audio driver with more than one program at a time? I've looked at articles online, but they all show screenshots of control panels, i.e. "Line Properties", that I do not have on my system. Thanks....
  5. How to turn off the Cortona Serch at the Windows 10 home edition and professional edition

in Cortana
    How to turn off the Cortona Serch at the Windows 10 home edition and professional edition: I want to turn off the Cortona Search availale with the Windows 10 home and professional edition which has become a source of disitraction for my daughter as she can surf the internet at any point of time ; even during the online classes. Please suggest me in this regard so...
  6. How to enable Remote Desktop Service into Windows 10 home edition?

in Windows 10 Customization
    How to enable Remote Desktop Service into Windows 10 home edition?: Hi everyone, I am a self learner and I am currently learning Microsoft Azure. I have created a virtual Machine into Azure not to access my Virtual Machine I have do remote desktop connection but I am getting error while enabling remote desktop service into my laptop that "...
  7. Remote Desktop on Windows 10 Home

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Remote Desktop on Windows 10 Home: My PC will not allow me to use Remote Desktop because I have windows 10 home. Due to COVID-19 I will be required to work from home remotely. How can I use Remote Desktop or is there an app that would allow me to remote log into my work pc? I'm very frustrated that home...
  8. Regarding the enabling of Remote Desktop connection for windows 10 home edition

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Regarding the enabling of Remote Desktop connection for windows 10 home edition: I am trying to download RDPwrapper in my lappy but its not installing all the files and while installion its showing executable file not found and I cant proceed with the other steps Is there any other alternative to enable the Remote Desktop Connection . PLease tell me?...
  9. Remote desktop for Windows 10 Home

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Remote desktop for Windows 10 Home: Is there a reliable remote desktop software from Microsoft for W10 home? I simply need something that will allow me to help out a elderly family member. Both of us are running W10 home....
  10. Windows 10 Home: Remote Desktop?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows 10 Home: Remote Desktop?: Is Remote Desktop only available on Windows 10 PRO? I have Win10 Home and the option to "Allow remote connections to this computer" is not present. 13066