Windows 10: How to check user has setup password to login into the system or not

Discus and support How to check user has setup password to login into the system or not in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; [Ref] https://stackoverflow.com/questions/56782029/how-to-check-user-has-setup-password-to-login-into-the-system-or-not Hi All, Is there any way to... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by PavanTiwari, Jun 26, 2019.

1. How to check user has setup password to login into the system or not

[Ref] https://stackoverflow.com/questions...etup-password-to-login-into-the-system-or-not

Hi All,

Is there any way to check weather Windows PC user account has password set up or not?

For me if user has not set up password then my application will consider system is unlocked even when user press Win+L.

In Dot-net framework we have few APIs to get Current users identity

WindowsIdentity obj = WindowsIdentity.GetCurrent();
    Console.WriteLine(obj.AuthenticationType);

Is there any way to check in UWP or .Net Framework whether user has password to login or not.

Regards

:)

PavanTiwari, Jun 26, 2019

2. how to delete user password?

Hi Susilo,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

To assist you better, I would like to know whether the accounts are local account or Microsoft account. Are you trying to remove the login password?

If you are trying to remove the login password, I suggest you to follow the steps below and check if it helps.

• Press windows key + R to open command prompt, and type "netplwiz"
    • Uncheck "user must enter user name and password to use this computer", then click "ok"
    • Enter your user name and password, then click "ok"
    • Restart your computer.
    I would like to inform you that it is recommended to activate the password for security reasons.

Hope the information helps. Let us know if you need further assistance. We will be happy to help.

Thank you.

Krishna Prasobh V, Jun 26, 2019
  3. After entering password it’s user profile login failed

Hi Vicki Longnecker,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

In order to get clarity on this issue and assist you with appropriate troubleshooting steps, please reply with the answers to the questions below.

• What is the complete error message that you get when you try to login to your computer?
    • Are you aware of any changes made to this computer prior to the issue?
    • Do you have any other administrator user account on the computer?
    • Are you using a Microsoft account or a local account?

Also, you can try launching the On-Screen Keyboard from the sign-in screen by selecting the
    Ease of Access button in the lower-right corner of the sign-in screen, and then select
    On-Screen Keyboard. Type the password using the On-Screen Keyboard and check if you are able to login to your computer.

I have gone through your post and it appears that this issue could be due to a
    user profile corruption or an existence of a temporary profile. In order to get clarity on this issue, I would suggest you to follow the steps below.

I suggest you to first Start your PC in Safe Mode and check if you are able to login to your computer.

If you are able to login to your user account in Safe Mode, then go to
    This PC
    > Double-click on the C: drive (drive where Operating System is installed) >
    Users folder. In the Users folder, check for any profiles with an unusual name or if there is a profile named as Temp and please reply us with the result.

We’ll be waiting for your response.

Shafeeq_Khan, Jun 26, 2019
  4. How to check user has setup password to login into the system or not

Password issue

After going through the steps to make a new password, after a week or two, my login credentials are no longer valid. I'm forced to make a new password all over again. It seems to happen if I don't login in a certain period of time. Does our passwords expire???

GoFigureItOut, Jun 26, 2019
Thema:

How to check user has setup password to login into the system or not

1. How to check user has setup password to login into the system or not - Similar Threads - check user has

2. How to setup auto login?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How to setup auto login?: Hello, I've tried adjusting the registry and changing the sign in options to never require a password to log in. But in netplwiz I can't get the check box "user must better a user name and password to use this computer" to pop up. I only have one admin account logged created...
  3. How To Setup A Login PIN

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How To Setup A Login PIN: I know the question is simple, but I want to make sure that I do not run into the same problem I did with my desktop computer. When I recently had Windows 11 installed on my laptop and want to setup a login PIN, however, as you know you must setup a password before you can do...
  4. How To Setup A Login PIN

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How To Setup A Login PIN: I know the question is simple, but I want to make sure that I do not run into the same problem I did with my desktop computer. When I recently had Windows 11 installed on my laptop and want to setup a login PIN, however, as you know you must setup a password before you can do...
  5. How to check User Login History in Windows 11/10

in Windows 10 News
    How to check User Login History in Windows 11/10: [ATTACH]When a user logs into your computer, their information gets stored and one can easily their details. In this post, we will be talking about how to check the User Login History in Windows 11/10 or Windows Server. Check User Login History in Windows 11/10 The following...
  6. Forgot user login password

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Forgot user login password: Hello i was away for 3 months and now that i came home i have forgotten my windows 10 login password... i cant remember the answers to my 3 secret questions... i remember 2 answers but its not enough.. in the bios settings i found “admin password” and “user passowrd” i...
  7. Admin password not same as user login

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Admin password not same as user login: Having a bit of trouble. i have a 6TB HDD but my system is configured for BIOS rather than UEFI and as such the drive defaulted to MBR rather than GPT. I am trying to get all this converted so i can use all 6TB. I have tried a few different options which havent seemed to...
  8. PASSWORDS LOGINS PASSWORDS LOGINS PASSWORDS I CAN'T BE THE ONLY DISGRUNTLED USER!!!

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    PASSWORDS LOGINS PASSWORDS LOGINS PASSWORDS I CAN'T BE THE ONLY DISGRUNTLED USER!!!: I have come to my end with this version of Windows 10! Never have I hated a Microsoft product! Windows 7 was getting there but was still usable! There is no logic to why everytime you start a program you need to log into Microsoft!!! I've NEVER had to log into my Windows...
  9. How to setup a login password that's different from your Microsoft signin?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How to setup a login password that's different from your Microsoft signin?: As per title. I would like to use a password on my screenlock but all I can do is use my Microsoft login or a PIN number Any help? submitted by /u/Logiman43 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/f3isyh/how_to_setup_a_login_password_thats_different/
  10. Network admin password is not recognize. only the local user can login. I check the system...

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Network admin password is not recognize. only the local user can login. I check the system...: My network admin password is not working not recognize. The network properties show not connected to the Domain. Can browse to the internet but not the intranet. The system properties Computer name: and Domain: is correct. Some computer same issue? Cannot change anything...