Windows 10: How to check user has setup password to login into the system or not

Discus and support How to check user has setup password to login into the system or not in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; [Ref] https://stackoverflow.com/questions/56782029/how-to-check-user-has-setup-password-to-login-into-the-system-or-not Hi All, Is there any way to... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by PavanTiwari, Jun 26, 2019.

1. How to check user has setup password to login into the system or not

[Ref] https://stackoverflow.com/questions...etup-password-to-login-into-the-system-or-not

Hi All,

Is there any way to check weather Windows PC user account has password set up or not?

For me if user has not set up password then my application will consider system is unlocked even when user press Win+L.

In Dot-net framework we have few APIs to get Current users identity

WindowsIdentity obj = WindowsIdentity.GetCurrent();
    Console.WriteLine(obj.AuthenticationType);

Is there any way to check in UWP or .Net Framework whether user has password to login or not.

Regards

:)

PavanTiwari, Jun 26, 2019

2. how to delete user password?

Hi Susilo,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

To assist you better, I would like to know whether the accounts are local account or Microsoft account. Are you trying to remove the login password?

If you are trying to remove the login password, I suggest you to follow the steps below and check if it helps.

• Press windows key + R to open command prompt, and type "netplwiz"
    • Uncheck "user must enter user name and password to use this computer", then click "ok"
    • Enter your user name and password, then click "ok"
    • Restart your computer.
    I would like to inform you that it is recommended to activate the password for security reasons.

Hope the information helps. Let us know if you need further assistance. We will be happy to help.

Thank you.

Krishna Prasobh V, Jun 26, 2019
  3. After entering password it’s user profile login failed

Hi Vicki Longnecker,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

In order to get clarity on this issue and assist you with appropriate troubleshooting steps, please reply with the answers to the questions below.

• What is the complete error message that you get when you try to login to your computer?
    • Are you aware of any changes made to this computer prior to the issue?
    • Do you have any other administrator user account on the computer?
    • Are you using a Microsoft account or a local account?

Also, you can try launching the On-Screen Keyboard from the sign-in screen by selecting the
    Ease of Access button in the lower-right corner of the sign-in screen, and then select
    On-Screen Keyboard. Type the password using the On-Screen Keyboard and check if you are able to login to your computer.

I have gone through your post and it appears that this issue could be due to a
    user profile corruption or an existence of a temporary profile. In order to get clarity on this issue, I would suggest you to follow the steps below.

I suggest you to first Start your PC in Safe Mode and check if you are able to login to your computer.

If you are able to login to your user account in Safe Mode, then go to
    This PC
    > Double-click on the C: drive (drive where Operating System is installed) >
    Users folder. In the Users folder, check for any profiles with an unusual name or if there is a profile named as Temp and please reply us with the result.

We’ll be waiting for your response.

Shafeeq_Khan, Jun 26, 2019
  4. How to check user has setup password to login into the system or not

Password issue

After going through the steps to make a new password, after a week or two, my login credentials are no longer valid. I'm forced to make a new password all over again. It seems to happen if I don't login in a certain period of time. Does our passwords expire???

GoFigureItOut, Jun 26, 2019
Thema:

How to check user has setup password to login into the system or not

1. How to check user has setup password to login into the system or not - Similar Threads - check user has

2. Service Startup how to set at system bootup or user login

in Windows 10 Customization
    Service Startup how to set at system bootup or user login: on windows 10 Looking in services I see startup automatically. However seems like there are 2 types. One may want a service to start at system boot up or one may want a service to start at user login. My question is: How do you set a service to startup at system boot up...
  3. How to check current system font?

How to check current system font?: I want to check what name of font is used as system font on Windows 10. any GUI, cmd, Powershell or another way? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-check-current-system-font/5c978ce1-52fa-474c-8d7e-b4cd06fbcc8b
  4. How to check the Windows System License?

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    How to check the Windows System License?: I want to buy some Windows systems from Microsoft partners. https://primesoftware.net/collections/windows But I am not sure if the system license is OEM or FPP. Do you know how to check when I buy it back?...
  5. Network admin password is not recognize. only the local user can login. I check the system...

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Network admin password is not recognize. only the local user can login. I check the system...: My network admin password is not working not recognize. The network properties show not connected to the Domain. Can browse to the internet but not the intranet. The system properties Computer name: and Domain: is correct. Some computer same issue? Cannot change anything...
  6. How to setup login key on Windows 10

How to setup login key on Windows 10: I had to reinstall windows 10. I used to logon with a 4 digit number. Now I am required to enter my Password. How do I get back to the key?...
  7. How to Bypass Login Password

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    How to Bypass Login Password: I want to sign into Windows without a password, So I un-ticked "Users must enter a user name and password..." in User Accounts (See below). Now when I boot up, the Password screen is bypassed, and all is good. But when I simply log out of my account, I have to enter a...
  8. What is "password" user in user list at login screen?

What is "password" user in user list at login screen?: [img] What is this? How can I remove it from login screen? 13747
  9. Can't Login - missing user/password field

Can't Login - missing user/password field: Hello, I'm having an issue that's preventing me from logging into my Lenovo Thinkpad T410 with Windows 10. Previously you could swipe your finger on the fingerprint scanner to both turn the computer on, and login. Since the Windows 10 upgrade, that was no longer supported,...
  10. Unable to login due to an ex-employee setup the password

Unable to login due to an ex-employee setup the password: Hello, First of all, thank you for looking at my post. I have a small business which I purchased a PC using Windows10. I recently had to terminate one of my employee (who setup the O/S & password) and stupid me didn't create an admin profile. Now that he's gone, I cannot...