Windows 10: How to check what Hard Drive you have on Windows 10

Discus and support How to check what Hard Drive you have on Windows 10 in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; [ATTACH]Most of the consumers have a laptop or a desktop computer, but they have no idea what kind of storage device they use. For example, […] This... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by WinClub, Jan 15, 2020.

1. WinClub New Member

How to check what Hard Drive you have on Windows 10

WinClub, Jan 15, 2020
  2. little cat, Jan 15, 2020
  3. Windows 10 won't boot with another hard drive

Hi Bobby,

Thanks for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

To assist you better, please provide details.

1) On which hard drive, you are trying to install Windows 10?

2) What is the size of the drive, where you are trying to install Windows 10?

I would suggest you to perform Check Disk on your hard drive and check if it helps.

Follow the below steps:

• Press Windows + X on your keyboard.

• Select Command Prompt (Admin).

• Type the below commands.

Cskdsk [drive letter]: /f /r

Reply to us with the status of your issue, we will be happy to assist you.

Santosh_Rai, Jan 15, 2020
  4. How to check what Hard Drive you have on Windows 10

Samsung M3 portable hard drive not getting recognised on Windows 10.

Hi,

Thank you for your response with the current status of the issue.

To assist you better, please provide us the below information

• Have you tried to uninstall and reinstall the external hard drive on the computer?
    • Are you logged into the Administrator Account while assigning the driver letter to the external hard drive?

I recommend you to follow the steps below to update all the pending Windows updates and also try to reinstall the hard drive driver in the Device Manager. Check if it helps.

Step 1: I suggest you to update all the pending Windows updates in the computer and check if it helps.

1. Click on Start Menu.

2. Then select Settings.

3. Choose Update & security >
    Windows Update
    >Check for updates. Install any available updates and restart your PC if required.

Step 2: I recommend you to uninstall and reinstall the Hard drive as suggested in the previous post. Also you can run Hardware and Device troubleshooter.

Step 3: Then try to boot the computer in safe mode and check if the hard drive is getting recgonized in it or not.

Start your PC in safe mode in Windows 10:

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-in/windows-10/start-your-pc-in-safe-mode

Please get back to us with an update on issue in connecting External hard drive into Windows 10, we will be happy to help.

Thank you.

Nyima Yonten, Jan 15, 2020
Thema:

How to check what Hard Drive you have on Windows 10

1. How to check what Hard Drive you have on Windows 10 - Similar Threads - check Hard Drive

2. How do you make a PS3 hard drive into a PC hard drive?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do you make a PS3 hard drive into a PC hard drive?: Can someone please help. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-you-make-a-ps3-hard-drive-into-a-pc-hard/519c2f8d-5bca-47fb-90de-2899485f7da5
  3. How do you make a PS3 hard drive into a PC hard drive?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How do you make a PS3 hard drive into a PC hard drive?: Can someone please help. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-you-make-a-ps3-hard-drive-into-a-pc-hard/519c2f8d-5bca-47fb-90de-2899485f7da5
  4. How do you make a PS3 hard drive into a PC hard drive?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. There is no access to the external hard drive due to a cyclical redundancy check, what...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    There is no access to the external hard drive due to a cyclical redundancy check, what...: There is no access to the external hard drive due to a cyclical redundancy check, what should I do? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/there-is-no-access-to-the-external-hard-drive-due/c5984e58-ebe2-4647-9ca5-41bddaf0b136
  6. There is no access to the external hard drive due to a cyclical redundancy check, what...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    There is no access to the external hard drive due to a cyclical redundancy check, what...: There is no access to the external hard drive due to a cyclical redundancy check, what should I do? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/there-is-no-access-to-the-external-hard-drive-due/c5984e58-ebe2-4647-9ca5-41bddaf0b136
  7. Checking Entire Hard Drives for Errors

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Checking Entire Hard Drives for Errors: There are two Western Digital hard drives in my system unit, each with the capacity of 1TB.I need to leave the computer running at night so that the drives may be checked and any found errors or bad sectors may be corrected by the time it is morning.Based on what is stated in...
  8. What is Trusted Platform Module? How to check if you have TPM chip?

in Windows 10 News
    What is Trusted Platform Module? How to check if you have TPM chip?: [ATTACH] [ATTACH]Ever wondered which devices support Windows Hello, Fingerprint verification, and critical biometric data – and where they store that data? Storing this data on your computer or phone can be risky. This is where TPM or Trusted Platform Module comes [...] This...
  9. Hard Drive Checking

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Hard Drive Checking: So I have been getting alot of check disks recently, I'm young and I don't know alot about tech or anything, so I just use the computer when I need to, just browse the Web etc. So I searched on my phone and found out if I manually turned off the computer using the power...
  10. Checking hard drive for errors

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Checking hard drive for errors: Hello, I have a 3 yr old Samsung laptop which I thought was behaving properly. Today, Outlook froze and then as I tried to open other programs, each thing froze as well. I left it alone and things eventually sorted themselves out and the computer became functional again....