Windows 10: How to check what Windows 10 Edition is linked to my Microsoft account?

Discus and support How to check what Windows 10 Edition is linked to my Microsoft account? in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; As the title said. Earlier I tried to activate my Windows 10 (Home) freshly installed from iso and connecting to my Microsoft account won't activate it... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by riazufila, Jul 11, 2019.

1. riazufila Win User

How to check what Windows 10 Edition is linked to my Microsoft account?

As the title said. Earlier I tried to activate my Windows 10 (Home) freshly installed from iso and connecting to my Microsoft account won't activate it for some reason. I got the license from upgrading to Windows 10 from a Windows 8.1 which were upgraded from Windows 8.

:)

riazufila, Jul 11, 2019
  2. Zakin Win User

Strange Windows 10 User Account issue.

Unfortunately I had done those steps numerous reboots, it just, reappears for no good reason. The base account isn't even a Microsoft account, it's a local account.

I haven't quite tried the built in administrator account on W10, but so far in my experience on my own computer, the built in account seemed to have absolutely no more control than I did on my own.

It's just strange, I go in, it warns me twice about deleting the account, then it's gone. Reboot, and it's back?

EDIT: Just to specify, both command line and Netplwiz both say only HIS account exists on the computer, it doesn't list this rogue account. This is what I meant in my first post about the fact that even Windows doesn't seem to believe it exists, HALF the time. *Frown How to check what Windows 10 Edition is linked to my Microsoft account? :(

Zakin, Jul 11, 2019
  3. Ahhzz Win User
    Windows 10 Tweaks

As you may already know, Windows 10 (as well as Windows 8) allow you to log in with a valid Microsoft account, instead of creating a local account that only works on your machine. However, you may prefer to keep a local account for privacy reasons. If you do, though, some Windows 10 features—like Cortana—may not work. Despite the default behavior, the Windows 10 Store is not one of them. You can still log in to your Microsoft account for just the Store without switching to a full Microsoft account. The process, however, is not terribly obvious. To do so, follow these steps:

• Launch the Store from your Start menu.
    • Click the user icon next to the search box.
    • Click “Sign-in” from the menu that appears.
    • Choose “Microsoft account” and log in like normal.
    • When the “Make it yours” box appears do not enter your password. Instead, click “Sign in to just this app instead.”
    from Lifehacker

Ahhzz, Jul 11, 2019
  4. Scrizz Win User

Windows 10

you don't have to use a Microsoft account....
    I know I'm not.

Scrizz, Jul 11, 2019
Thema:

1. How to check what Windows 10 Edition is linked to my Microsoft account? - Similar Threads - check Edition linked

2. Linking Win 10 to my Microsoft Account

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Linking Win 10 to my Microsoft Account: To be short: I am wondering about the pros and cons of linking my Windows 10 to my MS account. And, I am unclear if doing that will change my login to my local Windows 10 installation. (My desk top with win10.) I currently use a local pw (administrator). Thanks for any...
  3. Windows License linked to my Microsoft account

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Windows License linked to my Microsoft account: Hello. Im in the process of rebuilding a new PC. Only 1 thing was gonna be brought forward and it was my 1 TB seagate drive and well .. my dog chewed and slobbered on it for 8 hours while i was at work and its literally unusable i lost everything. Im a novice in this world...
  4. how to edit microsoft account name

in Windows 10 Customization
    how to edit microsoft account name: how to edit microsoft account name https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-edit-microsoft-account-name/40d923e0-a471-4da8-8ed8-ec28a25c73f6
  5. What is my Microsoft account?

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    What is my Microsoft account?: I just went through one of those deals where Microsoft thought I forgot my password and made me reset it. Luckily I have 2 computers so all that was not a problem. However, now I have to make corrections in my LastPass password keeper and I'm confused. Is the Outlook email...
  6. Link a microsoft account

Link a microsoft account: How can I link my Microsoft (@hotmail.com) account to my Windows 10 computer without changing my current username and login? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/link-a-microsoft-account/fa8d39bc-031f-4442-8abd-61e54604212d
  7. My windows 10 won't link to my Microsoft account.

My windows 10 won't link to my Microsoft account.: When I upgraded for free from windows 8 to windows 10 I got a digital license on my microsoft account but somehow I've deleted it when browsing through my account. At the time I contacted the support and was told that once I reinstalled Windows 10 I'd get my license back in...
  8. how to edit my account name in windows 10

how to edit my account name in windows 10: how to edit my account name in windows 10 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-edit-my-account-name-in-windows-10/24b3344a-643d-478f-9afc-e0bf68050de6
  9. Linking Windows 10 to my Microsoft Account Question

Linking Windows 10 to my Microsoft Account Question: OK, I have quite a few PC's all upgraded to windows 10 from Windows 7 or 8. I have roughly 11 or 12 that are used at various points. So my question is, Can I link all those systems with genuine windows 10 upgrade digital license to the same Microsoft account? I don't want to...
  10. Unable to link Microsoft Account to my Local Account

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Unable to link Microsoft Account to my Local Account: Hi all, When I click on the link to associate my Microsoft Account to my Local Account (after upgrading from Windows 7), it simply does nothing. Click, click, click. Similarly, when I try to log in the Windows store app, I get an application error with cryptic codes...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. how to check editions of windows on your microsoft account