Windows 10: How to check whether it'd be possible for me to transfer my windows 10 license?

Discus and support How to check whether it'd be possible for me to transfer my windows 10 license? in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; Hello, My dad has once purchased a Windows Home 10 license and installed it on his PC, but the ssd it was installed on died. I have the box, the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by Julia2m2, Nov 18, 2020.

1. Julia2m2 Win User

How to check whether it'd be possible for me to transfer my windows 10 license?

Hello,

My dad has once purchased a Windows Home 10 license and installed it on his PC, but the ssd it was installed on died.

I have the box, the bootable pendrive it came with and the license key for the product, but I don't know what the license was exactly.

It doesn't say it anywhere on the box or at least I don't seem to be able to find the information.

On the activation key card it is stated that the license is not intended for resale, but I'm not sure whether that also means I can't transfer the system at all? If that's so, I'd like a confirmation. If not, is there a way for me to find out what license it is exactly and whether I can install the system on another PC?

:)

Julia2m2, Nov 18, 2020

2. Windows 10 license transfer

Thanks Andre.

i bought the license. My laptop was originally loaded with win 7 and was upgraded free couple of months.

in this case, if i understand you correctly, i can transfer with below steps. Right.?

let me buy my new laptop and try below.

and to my question do you have an update.

does OS upgrades if my activation key is changed.

thanks

sai

SainandhanKandasamy, Nov 18, 2020
  3. Andre Da Costa, Nov 18, 2020
  4. krimetal Win User

Windows 10 upgrade license

The interesting question is that: the upgrade takes place before 29 of July. If I upgrade the PC (change the MB), and I transfer the Win 8.1 license to this new PC (cause 8.1 is retail FPP), will I be able to upgrade to Windows 10 for free? Or a upgrade license must be bought?

krimetal, Nov 18, 2020
Thema:

1. How to check whether it'd be possible for me to transfer my windows 10 license? - Similar Threads - check whether it'd

2. How to transfer my windows 10 license to my new laptop ?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to transfer my windows 10 license to my new laptop ?: Hello,I am finding difficulties to transfer the Windows 10 HOME license RETAIL from my old laptop into my new laptop.This license was initially a Windows 7 license.I have tried the following:1 installing the license with the key with or without internet connection and it gave...
  3. Check if I can transfer my Windows 10 Home license to a new computer

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Check if I can transfer my Windows 10 Home license to a new computer: I was planning on buying a new computer this year and I was trying to check if I could transfer my current windows license. I bought it with the computer, so I was expecting a OEM license which would not be transferable. But running the "slmgr /dli" command on the cmd, I...
  4. How to check Windows 10 license key?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    How to check Windows 10 license key?: Hi there, So that's it - my laptop is down for good. Bluescreens over bluescreens due to GPU drivers conflict. But it doesn't matter, because I would like to buy a new laptop anyway. But here is a thing - I have Win10 license key, but I do not know is it OEM or geniue one....
  5. Is it possible to transfer a Windows 10 license to a new PC/Laptop?

Is it possible to transfer a Windows 10 license to a new PC/Laptop?: Hi, I have Windows 10 licenses activation statuses: "Windows is activated with a digital license linked to your Microsoft account" that were upgraded from Windows 7 and 8.1. These licenses were originally tied in to the hardware but these hardware are pretty old. So I'm...
  6. Is it possible to transfer the Windows license with all Windows 10 versions?

Is it possible to transfer the Windows license with all Windows 10 versions?: You can transfer the Windows license with all Windows 10 versions. Kann man mit allen Windows 10 Versionen die Windows Lizenz übertragen?
  7. How to transfer an upgraded Windows 10 license

How to transfer an upgraded Windows 10 license: I built my current computer back in 2012, and had bought a Windows 7 Pro Home retail license. I did the free upgrade to Windows 10 when it was offered. I'm building a new computer now, and have read that I can transfer this license at least once. I've found websites that give...
  8. Windows 10 Pro Digital License Transfer Possible?

Windows 10 Pro Digital License Transfer Possible?: I am looking to upgrade my Windows 10 Home on my current laptop to Windows 10 Pro. I intend to do this via the Microsoft Store for £120. The laptop I am working on does have some issues but I require the Windows 10 functionality now. Should this laptop be replaced under...
  9. How to transfer license?

How to transfer license?: I purchased Windows 10 license last November for Parallels Desktop 15 it is a virtual machine.But I want to transfer the license to the real computer. I have Windows 10 product key. How can I transfer it?...
  10. How to check whether the installed Windows 10 is iot version or not

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    How to check whether the installed Windows 10 is iot version or not: Hello, I installed Windows 10 iot LTSC 2019. After installation, the winver shows: Microsoft Windows Version 1809 (OS Build 17763.107) The Windows 10 Enterprise LTSC operating system and its user interface are protected by trademark and other pending or ... How can I...