Windows 10: how to check which ram i have in my laptop for further upgradation

Discus and support how to check which ram i have in my laptop for further upgradation in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; what happens when 4gb ram increases to 8gblso what brand or speicfication ram or ssd needed for my laptopHP Laptop 15-da0xxxi3 core 7th generationcan... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by IshaanSardana1, May 10, 2021.

1. how to check which ram i have in my laptop for further upgradation

what happens when 4gb ram increases to 8gblso what brand or speicfication ram or ssd needed for my laptopHP Laptop 15-da0xxxi3 core 7th generationcan ddr3 1600 mhz will work as just i ordered online as said by hp agent or ddr4 is recommended

:)

IshaanSardana1, May 10, 2021
  2. prashii Win User

Windows shows 8GB RAM installed but 4GB RAM is usable

Hi There,

I've just upgraded my pc from 4GB RAM to 8GB RAM. Windows seems to have detected this upgrade but why does it show as only 4GB RAM available. The following is what I have tried so far with no luck:

• I have tried the msconfig method on ensuring maximum memory is not checked.
    • physically removed the new RAM and reinstalled it
    Any thoughts/suggestions on how i can resolve this matter?

Thanks

prashii, May 10, 2021
  3. No more touchpad for my laptop since upgrading to Windows 10

Hi Derek,

I would suggest the following steps :

• Press Windows + X
    • Click on Device Manager
    • Right click on TouchPad drivers in the list.
    • Choose Upgrade Drivers
    • Reboot computer

Check if this helped to fix the issue.

Vinod Archak, May 10, 2021
  4. how to check which ram i have in my laptop for further upgradation

Video card or RAM need upgrading?

Memtest: no errors after 10 hrs.
    I'm going to perform the Primetest, later on. Get back to you on that.
    I'm going to take it step by step, guys. I need to find the problem with this current computer. I might have to upgrade some components, so that it is still runnable. As for the new one, yes....i will build on it later. I need to find something decent 'gaming experience', all suggestions appreciated. THanks.

itsmeitsme, May 10, 2021
Thema:

how to check which ram i have in my laptop for further upgradation

1. how to check which ram i have in my laptop for further upgradation - Similar Threads - check ram laptop

2. How do I know which processor and RAM is my laptop upgradable to?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I know which processor and RAM is my laptop upgradable to?: I have a HP laptop with IntelR CoreTM i3-5005U CPU @ 2.00GHz 2.00 GHz, I want to upgrade the processor. But don't know which processor will be compatible with my laptop. How do I know which processor and RAM is my laptop upgradable to?...
  3. How do I know which processor and RAM is my laptop upgradable to?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How do I know which processor and RAM is my laptop upgradable to?: I have a HP laptop with IntelR CoreTM i3-5005U CPU @ 2.00GHz 2.00 GHz, I want to upgrade the processor. But don't know which processor will be compatible with my laptop. How do I know which processor and RAM is my laptop upgradable to?...
  4. How do I know which processor and RAM is my laptop upgradable to?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. I have a Laptop which supports DDR4-2133MHz RAM , can i add a 3200MHz ram into it?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I have a Laptop which supports DDR4-2133MHz RAM , can i add a 3200MHz ram into it?: I have a Laptop which supports DDR4-2133mhz , can i add a 3200 ram into it?And is there a difference between MT/s and MHz https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-have-a-laptop-which-supports-ddr4-2133mhz-ram/8bba71b9-81ef-4315-919d-05ccbb2fa1ef
  6. I have a Laptop which supports DDR4-2133MHz RAM , can i add a 3200MHz ram into it?

I have a Laptop which supports DDR4-2133MHz RAM , can i add a 3200MHz ram into it?: I have a Laptop which supports DDR4-2133mhz , can i add a 3200 ram into it?And is there a difference between MT/s and MHz https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-have-a-laptop-which-supports-ddr4-2133mhz-ram/8bba71b9-81ef-4315-919d-05ccbb2fa1ef
  7. I have a Laptop which supports DDR4-2133MHz RAM , can i add a 3200MHz ram into it?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  8. My laptop is supposed to have 8gb of ram but when I check it says I only have 4.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    My laptop is supposed to have 8gb of ram but when I check it says I only have 4.: So in my laptop I have 2 sticks of 4gb ram I don't know anything exact since I don't know too much about computers but after a few months of use, I noticed that when I checked in task manager it says I only have 4gb of ram. I'm not sure what to do or if there is a way to fix...
  9. My laptop is supposed to have 8gb of ram but when I check it says I only have 4.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My laptop is supposed to have 8gb of ram but when I check it says I only have 4.: So in my laptop I have 2 sticks of 4gb ram I don't know anything exact since I don't know too much about computers but after a few months of use, I noticed that when I checked in task manager it says I only have 4gb of ram. I'm not sure what to do or if there is a way to fix...
  10. My laptop is supposed to have 8gb of ram but when I check it says I only have 4.