Windows 10: How to check windows 10 compatibility on a windows 10 platform?

Discus and support How to check windows 10 compatibility on a windows 10 platform? in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I have a 5 year old computer sold to run Windows 8. It passed the compatibility test for Windows 10 so I upgraded and was very happy with the upgrade... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by jumbiesaintj, Oct 6, 2019.

1. How to check windows 10 compatibility on a windows 10 platform?

I have a 5 year old computer sold to run Windows 8. It passed the compatibility test for Windows 10 so I upgraded and was very happy with the upgrade until the transition from version 1703 to 1803. Since then the computer crashes on the subsequent upgrades to 1803 and 1809. I'd like to run the most recent version of the compatibility test so I can see what is wrong or missing on my machine. The compatibility test offered on the Internet work for Windows 7 or 8 but now I have 10 installed. Is there an alternative test?

:)

jumbiesaintj, Oct 6, 2019
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Oct 6, 2019
  3. Windows 10 USB boot

Hi there, am not a windows 10 expert. I have a pc in the bedroom on windows 10, I messed up the bootloader trying to fix the xp on that system.

System wont boot, trying to repair via win 10 usb installer.

Downloaded the media creation tool to install windows 10 installer on usb stick. Not compatible with a host of usb sticks I have. Tried the usb sticks that others use, but I think they use rufus; as the media creation tool by win 10 does not detect the usb stick.

So quick question, the win10 machine i am trying to repair the bootloader is a win7 upgraded to win10.
    If i were to use the usb win10 installer to "repair installation" does the version of the iso downloaded via the media creation tool matter?

There is three options:
    Windows 10
    Windows 10 Home
    Windows 10 N

Also is there a step by step instead of using rufus as I want to try an alternative method of creating a usb win 10 installer. Preferably with more compatibility.

System is a asus sabertooth 990 (r2?) with AMD phenom X 6.

Also is there any other software I can load onto the usb that can repair the bootloader easily?
    That would be the ideal alternative. Thanks

TRUELOVE95, Oct 6, 2019
  4. 95Viper Win User

How to check windows 10 compatibility on a windows 10 platform?

Is it time for Windows 10 already?

Again, for those that want the update reservation and you meet the requirements ---> Upgrade to Windows 10 for Free

And, some info from the FAQ page:

Also, some interesting info from the Specifications page:

95Viper, Oct 6, 2019
Thema:

How to check windows 10 compatibility on a windows 10 platform?

1. How to check windows 10 compatibility on a windows 10 platform? - Similar Threads - check compatibility platform

2. Windows 11 Compatibility Check

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 Compatibility Check: Hello,I downloaded and installed the Windows 11 Health Check to see if my company laptop is compatible with Windows 11, however in order to bypass the "Your organization manages updates on this PC" popup, it would appear from other info on this forum that I am required to...
  3. Windows 11 Compatibility Check

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 11 Compatibility Check: Hello,I downloaded and installed the Windows 11 Health Check to see if my company laptop is compatible with Windows 11, however in order to bypass the "Your organization manages updates on this PC" popup, it would appear from other info on this forum that I am required to...
  4. Windows 10 Update Assistant is stuck at Checking device compatibility

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 Update Assistant is stuck at Checking device compatibility: Windows 10 Update Assistant is stuck at Checking device compatibility My PC has a list of pending updates that are taking too long weeks to install. Seeking advice, I was advised to download and use Windows 10 Update Assistant. I downloaded and ran it. It is now stuck at...
  5. Checking compatibility with Windows 10 2004 update

Checking compatibility with Windows 10 2004 update: Is there a way to check if my device has any known compatibility issues with the 2004 update for windows 10? I have a Surface Go 2 and when I check for updates it just says no updates available without offering the update. On my Lenovo laptop, it does display a warning...
  6. windows 10 compatibility

in Windows 10 Customization
    windows 10 compatibility: I have an older PC running Windows 7 and am thinking about getting a new PC with Windows 10. Does Windows 10 have a compatibility mode option like Windows 7 so that old software will work? I have several old applications from companies that are either out of business or have...
  7. Windows 10 compatibility

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Windows 10 compatibility: Is Windows 10 compatible with my older HP Officejet 6500 printer? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-compatibility/d5519001-bbab-43df-97d3-61983e3979c4
  8. i want to update my window 7 to 10. how to check my pc is compatible for window 10 or not.

i want to update my window 7 to 10. how to check my pc is compatible for window 10 or not.: maker name - soni product name- SVE15115ENB i want to update my window 7 to 10. how to check my pc is compatible for window 10 or not....
  9. how to check my pc is compatible for window 10 .

how to check my pc is compatible for window 10 .: i want to update my window 7 to 10. how to check my pc is compatible for window 10 or not. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-check-my-pc-is-compatible-for-window-10/4935f13f-81ab-4636-acfa-bd2ac400279f
  10. Checking Windows 10 Compatibility

Checking Windows 10 Compatibility: Hi Everyone, I have a Desktop with these specs: -Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM)2 Duo CPU E7500 @ 2.93GHz, 2933 Mhz, 2 Core(s), 2 Logical Processor(s) -Installed Physical Memory (RAM) 2.00 GB -Hard Space: 500 GB -GPU: Nividia Geforce 210 -Display: 1600x900 and i want...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. check compatability for Microsoft Solitaire