Windows 10: How to check Workstation Advantages when upgrading Windows 10 Pro without clean reinstall?

Discus and support How to check Workstation Advantages when upgrading Windows 10 Pro without clean reinstall? in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hello, %USERNAME%! I have a Windows host box with a Windows guest inside it, Windows versions are same. I want to upgrade W10 Pro to W10 Pro for... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Infra3600, Apr 28, 2019.

1. Infra3600 Win User

How to check Workstation Advantages when upgrading Windows 10 Pro without clean reinstall?

Hello, %USERNAME%!

I have a Windows host box with a Windows guest inside it, Windows versions are same.

I want to upgrade W10 Pro to W10 Pro for Workstation on my Windows Host for using XEON modern features and ECC Memory support.

I got a Licence key for Windows 10 Pro for Workstation and did "change product key" in my virtual guest testing environment to upgrade my W10Pro OS.

After this, my Windows 10 version stay "for Workstations", and even no reboot did required, and was not downloaded something or so on.

Additional info:

Guest HW is VMWare Workstation Pro 15.0.4

HOST H/W IS: CPU Intel XEON E3-1280 v6, MB GIGABYTE X150M-PRO ECC, RAM 4x DDR4-2400 UDIMM ECC 16GB

Host S/W: Windows 10 Pro version 1809 x64 RUS

Question is how to technically verify what I really got workstation advantages after this software upgrade?

Is it possible this upgrade my Windows Host without Windows clean reinstall?

Thanks for any info about my Q:.

:)

Infra3600, Apr 28, 2019

2. how to install and download the new windows 10 pro workstation

You can't select Windows Pro Workstation on a clean install, its not listed as an install option. Not unless things have changed since I downloaded the Media Creation Tool ISO on the 17th.
    And as far as I know Pro Keys won't work for Pro Workstation. If they would, Microsoft wouldn't have given me new Pro Workstation keys. I have a two separate lists of keys for Pro and Pro Workstation.
    I did option one in the tutorial listed above, Upgrade Windows 10 Pro to Windows 10 Pro for Workstations

alphanumeric, Apr 28, 2019
  3. Fresh install of windows 10 pro for workstation

Windows 10 Pro for Workstation is an add on. So long as you have a Digital License for your computer and you have linked your Microsoft Account, all you need to do is first reinstall Windows 10 Pro.

Go to the Store and upgrade again to Windows 10 Pro for Workstation for Free:

Go to a working computer, download, create a bootable copy, then perform a clean install.

Step 1: How to download official Windows 10 ISO files

http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/wiki...

Step 2: How to: Perform a clean install of Windows 10

http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/insider/wiki...

Andre Da Costa, Apr 28, 2019
  4. matt306 Win User

How to check Workstation Advantages when upgrading Windows 10 Pro without clean reinstall?

Upgrade Windows 10 Pro to Windows 10 Pro for Workstations  

Yeah, that is exactly what I experienced. After the upgrade, it did not detect the 4 sockets (only 2). Have you found an ISO for Windows 10 Pro for Workstations? Last I checked, I could not find one.

matt306, Apr 28, 2019
Thema:

1. How to check Workstation Advantages when upgrading Windows 10 Pro without clean reinstall? - Similar Threads - check Workstation Advantages

2. Upgrade Windows 10 Pro for Workstation to Windows 11 Pro for Workstation

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Upgrade Windows 10 Pro for Workstation to Windows 11 Pro for Workstation: I am currently using Windows 10 Pro for Workstations on my personal laptop. I have options to upgrade to Windows 11 for free, but I don't know if Windows 11 will be Windows 11 Pro for Workstations. How to confirm this? I only want to upgrade to Windows 11 Pro for...
  3. Upgrade Windows 10 Pro for Workstation to Windows 11 Pro for Workstation

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Upgrade Windows 10 Pro for Workstation to Windows 11 Pro for Workstation: I am currently using Windows 10 Pro for Workstations on my personal laptop. I have options to upgrade to Windows 11 for free, but I don't know if Windows 11 will be Windows 11 Pro for Workstations. How to confirm this? I only want to upgrade to Windows 11 Pro for...
  4. Upgrade Windows 10 Pro for Workstation to Windows 11 Pro for Workstation

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. How to upgrade from Windows pro to windows pro workstation

How to upgrade from Windows pro to windows pro workstation: How to upgrade from Windows pro to windows pro workstation https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-upgrade-from-windows-pro-to-windows-pro/b1274d2b-2b70-4054-b155-c90b2297b8b0
  6. Clean reinstall of Windows 10 Pro

Clean reinstall of Windows 10 Pro: It's time for me to do a clean reinstall of Windows 10 Pro on my desktop. I can do a total system backup, or even clone my active SSD to a spare HDD. The great majority of my files are located in OneDrive. If after backing up or cloning I do a clean reinstall on the SSD...
  7. How to Upgrade My Windows 10 Home OEM to Windows 10 Pro Retail Without Clean Reinstall?

How to Upgrade My Windows 10 Home OEM to Windows 10 Pro Retail Without Clean Reinstall?: My Acer lappy is running on Windows 10 Home Single Language v1909 activated with OEM key. However, now I want to upgrade it to Windows 10 Pro Edition with the retail key I purchased from legitimate online retailer, but their instruction for the upgrade is to do a clean...
  8. How to upgrade to Windows 10 Pro/Windows 10 Pro for Workstations?

How to upgrade to Windows 10 Pro/Windows 10 Pro for Workstations?: Hello, Microsoft community! I have 4 workstations and 1 notebook that all have Windows 7 Pro installed. 1. Can I still upgrade to Windows 10 Pro for free? If yes, how and what do I need? > I'm a bit confused because I see blog posts saying that you can still upgrade...
  9. upgrade to win 10 pro without reinstalling OS

upgrade to win 10 pro without reinstalling OS: Hello Have win 10 home, but my x64 softwares cant handle all memory. Win 10 home has limits in x64 software. Want to upgrade to pro, but rather not re-install all sofwares. Is there any way to upgrade to pro and keep basic structure in computer? Regards/Bo...
  10. Upgrade Windows 10 Pro to Windows 10 Pro for Workstations

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Upgrade Windows 10 Pro to Windows 10 Pro for Workstations: How to: Upgrade Windows 10 Pro to Windows 10 Pro for Workstations How to Upgrade Windows 10 Pro to Windows 10 Pro for Workstations [img] Information edition of Windows 10 Pro, comes with unique support for server grade PC hardware and is designed to meet demanding...