Windows 10: How to chnage location for saved "Always Available Offline" network cache?

Discus and support How to chnage location for saved "Always Available Offline" network cache? in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; Hello,I have a 480gb Optane for my OS and its not big enough to save all files from NAS folders when i enable "Always Available Offline" option.Is... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by PS4xONE, Dec 30, 2022.

1. PS4xONE Win User

How to chnage location for saved "Always Available Offline" network cache?

Hello,I have a 480gb Optane for my OS and its not big enough to save all files from NAS folders when i enable "Always Available Offline" option.Is there any tweaks to move the cache folder to diffrent drive? Thanks

:)

PS4xONE, Dec 30, 2022
  2. Junaid_A Win User

Offline files not syncing

Hi Ramsha,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community forums.

This could be due to the incorrect caching set for the network folder. You may want to try the steps listed below and check if it works.

• Open Share Properties
      of the network folder and click on Advance sharing.
    • Choose Caching and select
      No files or programs from the shared folder are available offline.
    • Save the changes and reboot the machine to see if it works.

Hope it helps.

Regards,

Junaid_A, Dec 30, 2022
  3. Saving Offline maps to other partition than the system partition

To save Offline maps to other storage location, follow the steps below

• Go to Settings.
    • Choose System.
    • Select Offline maps.
    • Under Storage location, select your preferred location to store your Offline maps
    Let us know how it goes.

Monica Cam, Dec 30, 2022
  4. How to chnage location for saved "Always Available Offline" network cache?

Laptop won't show list of available networks

We suggest checking the list of available Wi-Fi networks on your laptop.

Please follow these steps:

• Click the Windows logo.
    • Go to Settings (gear icon).
    • Select Network and Internet.
    • Then Wi-Fi.
    • Make sure the Wi-Fi radio button is On.
    • Select Show available networks, then you'll be able to see the list of available Wi-Fi networks.

Update us with the outcome so we provide further assistance.

Robert Caw, Dec 30, 2022
Thema:

How to chnage location for saved "Always Available Offline" network cache?

1. How to chnage location for saved "Always Available Offline" network cache? - Similar Threads - chnage location saved

2. Question about thumbnail cache save locations

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Question about thumbnail cache save locations: Hi all,I recently created a symbolic hard link from my "%userprofile%\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Windows\Explorer" folder to a folder on an external drive, so the thumbnail cache would be saved there.I noticed just now that I had disconnected that drive, and because of that the...
  3. Question about thumbnail cache save locations

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Question about thumbnail cache save locations: Hi all,I recently created a symbolic hard link from my "%userprofile%\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Windows\Explorer" folder to a folder on an external drive, so the thumbnail cache would be saved there.I noticed just now that I had disconnected that drive, and because of that the...
  4. How to chnage location for saved "Always Available Offline" network cache?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to chnage location for saved "Always Available Offline" network cache?: Hello,I have a 480gb Optane for my OS and its not big enough to save all files from NAS folders when i enable "Always Available Offline" option.Is there any tweaks to move the cache folder to diffrent drive? Thanks...
  5. Always available offline option is missing in context menu

in Windows 10 News
    Always available offline option is missing in context menu: Always available offline option lets you access the network files even when the connection is not stable between your host and network computer. However, if the Always available offline option is missing in the Windows 10 context menu, you can fix it by following these tips....
  6. How to make Network files Always Available Offline on Windows 10

in Windows 10 News
    How to make Network files Always Available Offline on Windows 10: Offline Files feature in Windows 10 lets users make their files and folders available offline even if they are not connected to a network. This makes sharing common files across organizations easier. Let us see how to make Network files Always Available Offline on Windows 10....
  7. Windows 10 Always available offline is not showing up

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows 10 Always available offline is not showing up: I'm trying to sync a network drive to my local Win 10 PC. I have ensured that Sync is turned on in Sync Center and in the Registry. I have rebooted since making the changes and I still cannot see the option to select "always available offline" in order to sync. I have a...
  8. Make folder not always available offline that is within a folder that is always available...

Make folder not always available offline that is within a folder that is always available...: For the ease of this post I will be using AAO as "always available offline". I have been told by a user that he want an folder to not be AAO within a folder that is AAO. As in, he wants to make a folder AAO go in that folder and untick AAO from a folder in there. He...
  9. Set or Unset Network Files as Always Available Offline in Windows

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Set or Unset Network Files as Always Available Offline in Windows: How to: Set or Unset Network Files as Always Available Offline in Windows How to Set or Unset Network Files as Always Available Offline in Windows Offline Files is a feature of Sync Center that makes network files available to a user, even if the network connection to...
  10. Adding Network Locations Always Fails

Adding Network Locations Always Fails: I only have this problem with Win10 Pro x64, regardless of the version/build numbers. After making a few connections to my network location that I add, in this case a WebDAV file server for school I use, Windows will eventually decide that the location doesn't exist anymore....