Windows 10: How to choose a wide monitor ?

Discus and support How to choose a wide monitor ? in Windows 10 Graphic Cards to solve the problem; I currently run an EVGA Geoforce GTX 950sc with a 24" acer monitor. I have often wondered about upsizing my monitor to a wide screen such as this LG... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Graphic Cards' started by smalltown, Oct 30, 2018.

1. smalltown Win User

How to choose a wide monitor ?

I currently run an EVGA Geoforce GTX 950sc with a 24" acer monitor. I have often wondered about upsizing my monitor to a wide screen such as this LG https://www.newegg.com/Product/Produ...1A&ignorebbr=1, but I am unsure if my graphics card would be capable of operating the monitor at the 2560x1080 resolution.
    Checking specs on my graphics card nowhere does it state max resolution. So my question is just how do you pair up a graphics card with a new monitor ?

P.S. I understand that Nvidia and AMD have competing schemes, also I am aware that this example monitor is capable of 75Hz refresh rate while my graphics card would I think max out at 59-60Hz. Note sure if that an issue.

Just found the graphics card specs.
    • 240Hz Max Refresh Rate
    • Max Analog: 2048x1536
    • Max Digital: 4096x2160
    On my card I have 1 DVI-I, 3 Display ports, and 1 HDMI connectors. So I'm confused about the Max Analog of 2048x1536 spec. aren't these all digital outputs?

Looks like the analog must be referring to the DVI dual link connector.
    So can I answer my own question by saying I need a monitor with HDMI or display port inputs with up to 4096x2160 resolution ?

:)

smalltown, Oct 30, 2018
  2. janushka Win User

wide monitor view

I am getting the wide monitor view on all of my documents as well as photos, illustrations and printed matter. Have checked settings and setting is portrait but still showing very wide view. I am using an HP printer

janushka, Oct 30, 2018
  3. Jstn7477 Win User
    Mitsubishi Intros A Pair of New DiamondCrysta Wide Series Monitors

Looks like they are IPS, but is it true that they are fully 120Hz compliant? I see they seem to list Dual Link DVI connections but I'm confused by the diagram that suggests the monitor internally generates the extra frames. *Confused How to choose a wide monitor ? :confused:

Jstn7477, Oct 30, 2018
  4. drdeathx Win User

Help choosing a new case

Don't really know how to help you. You are being vague. Here is what I would do. Choosing a case is aesthetics first. Shop NewEgg and list the cases you like and list them. Members will suggest the best choice from your selections.

drdeathx, Oct 30, 2018
Thema:

1. How to choose a wide monitor ? - Similar Threads - choose wide monitor

2. Ultra wide Monitor Resolution Problems

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Ultra wide Monitor Resolution Problems: Hi, so I have a Dell XPS 15 9550 laptop, and I just got a Dell S3422DWG monitor. I connected it to one of the hdmi ports, but the resolution is stretched, and if I go to display settings to change it, I don’t get an option for 3440x1440p. I was reading that I need to install...
  3. Ultra wide Monitor Resolution Problems

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Ultra wide Monitor Resolution Problems: Hi, so I have a Dell XPS 15 9550 laptop, and I just got a Dell S3422DWG monitor. I connected it to one of the hdmi ports, but the resolution is stretched, and if I go to display settings to change it, I don’t get an option for 3440x1440p. I was reading that I need to install...
  4. Ultra wide Monitor Resolution Problems

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. About ultra-wide monitors seething

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    About ultra-wide monitors seething: I have a laptop, installed windows 11 system, the laptop has two graphics cards, one is intel hd 630, the other is NV GF gtx1050, and both drivers are installed correctly. Recently I purchased an ultra-widescreen monitor resolution 3440*1440, as an external monitor, how do I...
  6. About ultra-wide monitors seething

in Windows 10 Gaming
    About ultra-wide monitors seething: I have a laptop, installed windows 11 system, the laptop has two graphics cards, one is intel hd 630, the other is NV GF gtx1050, and both drivers are installed correctly. Recently I purchased an ultra-widescreen monitor resolution 3440*1440, as an external monitor, how do I...
  7. Wide screen monitor: How to split screen so that apps are displayed in full

in Windows 10 Customization
    Wide screen monitor: How to split screen so that apps are displayed in full: So, yea, I now have a 32" screen. What I want to do is have two apps on the screen at once, not like when Windows splits the screen where it fits the app into that half of the screen. I want a miniaturized version of the app in the window. For example, if I do the usual...
  8. Choosing a Between 2 Gaming Monitors

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Choosing a Between 2 Gaming Monitors: I am looking to buy a gaming monitor this month, and i saw 2 Monitors one Alienware and one from MSI. They Have both discounts on them and everything about them like specs and design are really good. The Alienware is 180hz 32inch ips 2k display BUT with 1000 contrast ratio,...
  9. Old Win10 Laptop and Ultra wide Monitors

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Old Win10 Laptop and Ultra wide Monitors: I have a i7-5500U laptop with 6 GB ram with onboard video HD Graphics 5500 Windows 10 I recently added a ultra wide screen to my computer and want to add another. The first problem is that if my computer shuts down after hours when I try to reboot or wake it I only get a...
  10. Make screen fill wide monitor

in Windows 10 Customization
    Make screen fill wide monitor: I'm using a 32" tv as a monitor. The TV has a VGA port and will work with a setting of 1024 X 768 If I go to a higher setting the TV won't accept it. The desktop used to fill the screen from side to side but has changed lately so that the display is a square in the middle...