Windows 10: How to Choose Batch file for Windows 10 (Settings) Default apps-> File

Discus and support How to Choose Batch file for Windows 10 (Settings) Default apps-> File in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; How to change default app to choose a Batch file instead of a Microsoft Store App? If Outlook Attachment (heavy Excel file in my situation) can open... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by sunny123, Aug 16, 2021.

1. sunny123 Win User

How to Choose Batch file for Windows 10 (Settings) Default apps-> File

How to change default app to choose a Batch file instead of a Microsoft Store App? If Outlook Attachment (heavy Excel file in my situation) can open with command line switches, it will be separate instance from existing Documents. This improve freezing of existing Documents as per my understanding. 1.Typical day for me is I work on Office apps (mainly Excel) with several workbooks open. They : 1.use Indirect functions which are volatile 2.named formulas which are typically in development phase and therefore tend to violate recommendations listed in Excel 2010 Performance: Tips for Optimizing Performance Obstructions | Microsoft Docs until I finished finalizing them. 3.occasionally, there's urgent need to print Outlook Excel attachment which is typically heavy and likely causing my currently opened documents to freeze (same Excel instance as attachment). 4. To prevent my currently opened Excel documents to freeze, I have to close all open Excel and re-open them after printing the Excel attachment. My question: 1.In my computer 1.Excel property in Windows 10 toolbar is ""C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Office\root\Office16\EXCEL.EXE" /x" 2.opening Outlook attachment results in same Excel instance as currently opened documents. 2.If Your computer opens attachment in new instance. 1.How did you setup your computer to open attachment in new instance? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/...7-68404d1f6ec8

:)

sunny123, Aug 16, 2021
  2. Bree Win User

Setting default program by file type

Welcome to Ten Forums Pearson240

See this tutorial, Option Two, Step 3.

Choose Default Apps in Windows 10

3. Batch file

it has to open any .spl file present. each time the folder will be cleared when choosing the second option to clear. when another generation is done, another .spl file is created. i run the batch file to open it again when choosing option 1. ya the file name changes each time...

Sandeep Bhugoo, Aug 16, 2021
  4. Argel Obm Win User

Choosing Default Apps & Insider Programme

To resolve your concern, kindly choose the default apps by file type. To do this, follow these steps:

• Click the Windows logo (Start button).
    • Click the gear icon (Settings).
    • Choose System.
    • Select Default apps.
    • Click Choose default apps by file type.
    • Check all of the video file type, and then check if you can change the default app to your preferred application.
    After performing the steps, kindly share with us the result

Argel Obm, Aug 16, 2021
Thema:

1. How to Choose Batch file for Windows 10 (Settings) Default apps-> File - Similar Threads - Choose Batch file

2. How to unset default app for Batch Files, cmd files, etc for Windows 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to unset default app for Batch Files, cmd files, etc for Windows 11: After upgrading to Windows 11, all my batch, cmd files etc suddenly open with Notepad, instead of running.I already saw this reg for bat files:...
  3. How to unset default app for Batch Files, cmd files, etc for Windows 11

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to unset default app for Batch Files, cmd files, etc for Windows 11: After upgrading to Windows 11, all my batch, cmd files etc suddenly open with Notepad, instead of running.I already saw this reg for bat files:...
  4. How to unset default app for Batch Files

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to unset default app for Batch Files: I have inadvertently set a default app Notepad++ for batch files. The fix suggested by:https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-unsetremove-a-default-app-for-file-type/15f2bf57-aa96-493a-b648-c81856af5eb3does not work as the "Open with..." option is not...
  5. How to unset default app for Batch Files

How to unset default app for Batch Files: I have inadvertently set a default app Notepad++ for batch files. The fix suggested by:https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-unsetremove-a-default-app-for-file-type/15f2bf57-aa96-493a-b648-c81856af5eb3does not work as the "Open with..." option is not...
  6. How to unset default app for Batch Files

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  7. How to set the Files app as default file manager

How to set the Files app as default file manager: So, after the wait finally the Files app on Microsoft Store has come out of beta. But now I have a problem of not able to set it he default app replacing the default file explorer. Now I don't have any problem with the windows explorer, I just prefer files app more. And...
  8. Help choosing default app for files

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Help choosing default app for files: Hi, I have a good amount of webp images in my computer and I like to use the default Photos app to visualize them. I downloaded something called 'codecs webp' or similar so I could see my images on the default photo visualizer and it worked fine. Today, when I was going to...
  9. Choose Default apps by File type (.laccdb)

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Choose Default apps by File type (.laccdb): I had recently reinstalled Microsoft Windows 10 to try and fix the file associations. For the most part it fixed my issues. However, there is still one file association I have noticed that when trying to choose a default app by file type for (.laccdb) does not provide me the...
  10. choose default apps by file type

in Windows 10 Customization
    choose default apps by file type: I want .tif and .tiff files to be opened by MODI. MODI is installed on my computer but does not show up as an option https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-other_settings/choose-default-apps-by-file-type/a23e84d5-6337-4040-84b4-2b7902e0f665