Windows 10: How to choose file encryption software

Discus and support How to choose file encryption software in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; I want to buy an encryption software. I don’t know which one is better. Most software claims to be very powerful, but I don’t know how to write... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by James2020_518, Jun 17, 2020.

1. How to choose file encryption software

I want to buy an encryption software. I don’t know which one is better. Most software claims to be very powerful, but I don’t know how to write programs. For example, some software has the function of hiding and protecting files, but I want to know whether the hidden and protected files have been opened by others. Has the encrypted file been opened by others?

:)

James2020_518, Jun 17, 2020

2. Windows XP file encryption

LOL thanks, I think its standard windows XP file encryption

troyrae360, Jun 17, 2020
  3. modder Win User
    Software encryption

read this:
    The Encrypting File System (EFS) is a file system driver with filesystem-level encryption available in Microsoft Windows (2000 and later) operating systems, except Windows XP Home Edition, Windows Vista Basic, and Windows Vista Home Premium. The technology transparently allows files to be encrypted on NTFS file systems to protect confidential data from attackers with physical access to the computer.

User authentication and access control lists can protect files from unauthorized access while the operating system is running, but are easily circumvented if an attacker gains physical access to the computer. One solution is to store the files encrypted on the disks of the computer. EFS does this using public key cryptography, and aims to ensure that decrypting the files is in theory impossible without the correct key. However, EFS is in practice susceptible to brute-force attacks against the user account passwords. In other words, encryption of files is only as strong as the password to unlock the decryption key.

read more ...wikipedia Encrypting File System - Wikipedia

modder, Jun 17, 2020
  4. Tremblayt Win User

How to choose file encryption software

File encryption software recommendations

Hey all. I'm looking for file encryption software recommendations. Basically I need something to secure my important files on my own device and also on cloud storage. I've been looking at some options and right now I'm trying to choose between NordLocker, VeraCrypt and Cryptomator. It doesn't matter if it's paid or free - I just need some reliable security. Obviously I'm using Windows 10 and my cloud storage is OneDrive. Thank you for your suggestions.

Tremblayt, Jun 17, 2020
Thema:

How to choose file encryption software

1. How to choose file encryption software - Similar Threads - choose file encryption

2. How to recover an encrypted file.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to recover an encrypted file.: Through an act of folly on my part, I damaged my Windows 10 Pro OS. I was able to recover it to the factory settings. There is a file on an external hard drive which contains sensitive data so I encrypted it. The file is intact as it was protected from my error, but I cannot...
  3. How to recover an encrypted file.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    How to recover an encrypted file.: Through an act of folly on my part, I damaged my Windows 10 Pro OS. I was able to recover it to the factory settings. There is a file on an external hard drive which contains sensitive data so I encrypted it. The file is intact as it was protected from my error, but I cannot...
  4. Encryption Software

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Encryption Software: I'm currently looking for software that will encrypt a user account on Windows. For example, I have VeraCrypt that encrypts my whole system partition but I would like a program to encrypt individual user accounts and unlock after the person logs in with Windows Hello. 183655
  5. Free file encryption software - idoo file encryption, It' free now

Free file encryption software - idoo file encryption, It' free now: Found a free file encryption software-- idoo File Encryption Software is an easy-to-use software to encrypt files folder , which would protect files by password. It is compatible to O.S. of Windows 7/8/10/Xp/Vista/2000. Additionally we give you a unique ability to fully...
  6. LEZP: This software will decrypt all your encrypted files.

LEZP: This software will decrypt all your encrypted files.: ATTENTION! Don't worry, you can return all your files! All your files like photos, databases, documents and other important are encrypted with strongest encryption and unique key. The only method of recovering files is to purchase decrypt tool and unique key for you. This...
  7. Local File Encryption Software Solution Windows 10

Local File Encryption Software Solution Windows 10: Hello: There are hundreds of encryption offerings. I'm trying to limit my choices to a few features. Any suggestions? Here's what I need: 1 I don't want a cloud solution 2 I want to open a local application, drag my un-encrypted files into a container file locally on...
  8. File encryption software recommendations

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    File encryption software recommendations: Hey all. I'm looking for file encryption software recommendations. Basically I need something to secure my important files on my own device and also on cloud storage. I've been looking at some options and right now I'm trying to choose between NordLocker, VeraCrypt and...
  9. How Decrypt, Encrypt file?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    How Decrypt, Encrypt file?: I saved my Photos in D:Drive. And Encrypt same personal photos by this way{Choose a photo->Right click on it->then properties->Advances option in General->Then choose "Encrypt file to secure data"}. But now I can't open my encrypted photos. And can't Decrypt it. So Please...
  10. Encryption software

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Encryption software: Not a national security issue, but I have a couple of files that I'd like to encryption so casual users, like a friend a my party who wants to search the web for something, would not see it accidentally. Preferably something free and easy to use. Any suggestions?