Windows 10: How-to choose IMAP folders in Windows Mail ?

Discus and support How-to choose IMAP folders in Windows Mail ? in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; [ATTACH] Hi there, I've used Windows Mail a long time now, and I love it. It's simple, useful and the UI is ultra clean. For the issue I'll... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/EpiDor44, Jun 18, 2020.

1. How-to choose IMAP folders in Windows Mail ?

How-to choose IMAP folders in Windows Mail ? 8d-ACpV_ZDZOL8WkQKniZH56BXXZ9jjrvIKPqRRgSf4.jpg

Hi there,

I've used Windows Mail a long time now, and I love it. It's simple, useful and the UI is ultra clean.
    For the issue I'll describe, I use IMAP email with my gandi account.

Recently while using my inboxes on another device, I noticed a weird behavior:

I cleaned the unnecessary IMAP folders to match the one provided by gandi (Inbox, Drafts, Sent, Junk and Trash)

On many mobile apps, we can choose the app folders to match the imap folders, but when I use Windows Mail, it creates a bunch of its own folders and doesn't let me choose the ones I want !
    It creates the following :
    - "Deleted Items" instead of using "Trash"
    - 'Sent Items" instead of using "Sent"

But it seems to use Junk Mail correctly
    - "Junk Mail" should go to "Junk"

I confirmed this behavior by renaming "Sent Items" to "Send - Old" and a new "Sent Items" folder appeared while using the Mail app.

Anyone experienced this ? Any configuration I might have missed ?

Thanks !

https://preview.redd.it/99zu0o1jjq5...bp&s=19dc082f3f4a9bd6f0a86b67c6e4863785c30294

submitted by /u/EpiDor44
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/EpiDor44, Jun 18, 2020

2. Windows 10 Mail App not using correct IMAP sent folder

Hi there,

I'm trying to use the included Mail/Calendar app with an IMAP account. While setting things up isn't a problem at all, there is a really annoying bug. It seems that the App isn't using the correct folders already present on the IMAP server:

My mailbox is configured using the standard IMAP folders:

• INBOX
    • INBOX.Drafts
    • INBOX.Sent
    • INBOX.Junk
    • INBOX.Trash
    This config used to work with Thunderbird, and also my Android Phone haves no problem using it.

Now, after setting up my mailbox using IMAP in Windows 10 Mail app it seems like the app is not using the right folders:

• Sent mail is stored within "Sent Items", instead of INBOX.Sent
    • It seems that drafts aren't syncing at all - at least a created draft isn't showing up in the IMAP folders
    Haven't collected more samples now for junk and trash, but there might be a problem with these as well. However, my biggest problem at the moment is the "Sent" issue...

So, what to do now?

It seems like the app isn't offering any option to config a proper IMAP folder mapping. The auto mapping isn't working correctly. Any workarounds? Registry hacks? Whatever?

Really crazy. IMAP folder mapping was possible in older versions of Outlook (e.g. 2010) and also Mozilla Thunderbird is offering such an option. Is it really true that the brand new Windows 10 calendar app lacks this basic functionality? To me it seems that
    simplicity ("lets keep the UI simple, because we want also monkeys to be able to configure it") overrules functionality? Crazy...

Any hacks or workarounds? Suggestions?

Thanks in advance

Martin

This is totally annoying.

Ohcomeonwhatacrapisthisnamepicking, Jun 18, 2020
  3. Missing IMAP folders

When I was using Windows 8.1, I had all of the IMAP folders from my mail server. When I switched to Windows 10 a lot of these folders are missing. They are on the server, my Iphone and Ipad. When I right click and go to IMAP folders, Query the list, some
    folders show up but not all of them. I highlite the ones I want to subscribe to, appy this subscribtion and click OK. None of these folders will subscribe. I have not changed any settings, added any new software. All of these steps worked in Windows 8 and
    8.1, but Not in Windows 10. I have deleted the PST and account, reset PST and none of this works, how do I get all of my folders back?

TerryMathis, Jun 18, 2020
  4. Jayzilla Win User

How-to choose IMAP folders in Windows Mail ?

Delete mails in Outlook but want to keep mails untouch in webmail

When I deleted an email in outlook and my webmail got deleted too. I want to keep all the inbox mails from the webmail even I complete deleted in outlook. I spend hrs can't think it out how. Any step by step instruction? I'm using IMAP account btw. Thanks and Merry Christmas.

Jayzilla, Jun 18, 2020
Thema:

How-to choose IMAP folders in Windows Mail ?

1. How-to choose IMAP folders in Windows Mail ? - Similar Threads - choose IMAP folders

2. WINDOWS not able to connect to mail servers, POP3 or Imap

in Windows 10 Gaming
    WINDOWS not able to connect to mail servers, POP3 or Imap: I am facing a weird problem and need help please.After installing windows 10 on a client computer, using a fresh ISO downloaded from Microsoft, I am stuck with a problem where the system can not connect to the ISP mail server, with POP3 and Imap setups tried, during setup....
  3. IMAP folder sync issue

in Microsoft Office and 365
    IMAP folder sync issue: I've been suffering with what I now believe are IMAP folder sync issues for years When I have to re-add my email accounts (rebuild, migration etc.) it manifests by missing folders/emails I've established that if I move a folder then it's not likely to sync It appears correct...
  4. Win10/Mail.app Mails Missing from IMAP Folder

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Win10/Mail.app Mails Missing from IMAP Folder: Hi Issue I am using Mail with an IMAP Mail Server gmx.at. For one Imap-Mail-folder i noticed that in Webmail there are 150 Mails present, but in Mail.app just about 40-50. One weird thing is that its not just older mails missing, but some mails inbetween. So for...
  5. Custom "sent" and "deleted" IMAP folders for Windows 10 mail?

Custom "sent" and "deleted" IMAP folders for Windows 10 mail?: When I add an existing IMAP account, it automatically uses "Sent Items" and "Deleted Items" folders, alongside my existing folders. Is it possible somehow to change these to use my existing "special" folders? Thanks....
  6. Cannot add an imap account in Windows Mail app

Cannot add an imap account in Windows Mail app: I left it running for two hours and got no messages. Had to force close Mail app https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cannot-add-an-imap-account-in-windows-mail-app/adf62488-ba04-451e-ab52-aa5f6d63b7de
  7. Windows Mail - Adding an imap account

Windows Mail - Adding an imap account: Hello, So, I want to link my work mail account to the desktop app and no matter what I always end up having a "Can't get mail" message below my account. Step by step, here's what I'm doing : Under Account, select Add Account In the popup, choose Advanced setup and then...
  8. Cannot Delete IMAP Folder

Cannot Delete IMAP Folder: I've tried repeatedly to delete an IMAP folder and failed - the folder keeps reappearing. I,ve also tried to unsubscribe to the folder - outlook comes back with the an error message "Folder does not exist" (see attached screenshot) How do I permanently delete the...
  9. Outlook 2019 -- copy IMAP mail to offline / local folder

in Microsoft Office and 365
    Outlook 2019 -- copy IMAP mail to offline / local folder: Hi folks those of you with NEW installs of Outlook 2019 and using IMAP --i.e no upgrade from previous versions or using a brand new Windows install will probably find Archive or export to file doesn't function as a .pst file doesn't exist. The best thing to do is to create...
  10. Windows 10 Mail App using own Sent Folder instead of IMAP's

Windows 10 Mail App using own Sent Folder instead of IMAP's: Hi, I stopped using Outlook 2010 because of it's relatively clunky behaviour and it wasn't mapping IMAP folders very well, so I was over the moon when I gave the Windows 10 Mail app a go and found it to be relatively lightweight and actually seemed to be behaving quite...