Windows 10: How to choose the type of audio device that was plugged in.

Discus and support How to choose the type of audio device that was plugged in. in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Hi I am on Windows 10 and when I plugged an audio device in for the first time it brought up a little pop up box asking what type of device was just... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by MarkCl1fford, Aug 18, 2019.

1. How to choose the type of audio device that was plugged in.

Hi I am on Windows 10 and when I plugged an audio device in for the first time it brought up a little pop up box asking what type of device was just plugged in and I selected an option and said "remember my selection" so now whenever I plug something in it doesn't bring up that box. Is there anywhere where I can find the setting or something like that to make it come back. Thanks

:)

MarkCl1fford, Aug 18, 2019
  2. Jonatino Win User

Rear audio ports always show as “Not plugged in”

I've been having this issue with Windows for about a week now which NONE of the back panel/front panel connectors (speakers, microphone) are being recognized by Realtek audio manager. The only audio input/outputs that are showing are the optical.
    Troubling shooting steps I've tried (none worked):

• COMPLETELY uninstall all Realtek drivers/reinstall
    • Tried using windows drivers
    • Reinstall Windows 10
    • Upgraded chipset driver
    • sfc /scannow
    I called EVGA and asked for RMA but then I booted into a Ubuntu OS and all the ports work FINE. It must be a problem with windows 10.
    Can you think of any other troubling shooting step I can try to fix this annoying issue? Thanks!
    Screenshot of playback devices:

How to choose the type of audio device that was plugged in. [​IMG]

Screenshot of Realtek HD Audio Manager:

After looking in Device Manager under Audio inputs and outputs, I don't see any speaker/microphone listings, only the optical crap:

Jonatino, Aug 18, 2019
  3. Numerous audio devices - why?

Looks like you have audio drivers installed for your AMD card. If you don't use it, you should be able to just uninstall that aspect of AMD drivers. I don't use the Audio through my Nvidia card, so I just don't install that driver.

Or, just ignore them as you suggest.

neatfeatguy, Aug 18, 2019
  4. How to choose the type of audio device that was plugged in.

DTS Audio Control and headphone plug

Hi Terry,

This issue with the DTS Audio Control can be caused by system corruption on the application itself. As an initial troubleshooting step, we suggest that you uninstall the application. Here's how:

• Type DTS in the search field at the task bar.
    • Right-click on the DTS Audio Control in the results.
    • Click Uninstall.
    • Once done, proceed with installing it back.

You can also check out with HP as the manufacturer of this application for any updated drivers that can help to resolve the issue.

You may try to plug in the headphone again once the issue has been resolved. If it is the same, try a different headphone and let us know about the results.

Should you need additional assistance, do let us know.

Jennifer Bri, Aug 18, 2019
Thema:

How to choose the type of audio device that was plugged in.

1. How to choose the type of audio device that was plugged in. - Similar Threads - choose type audio

2. How to get a popup when device is plugged in audio jack?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to get a popup when device is plugged in audio jack?: I was trying to connect my wired earplugs in but I accidentally clicked Don't show me this again to the usual pop up that comes. I was wondering how do I connect it now or how to get the pop-up back....
  3. No Audio Device plugged Amd high definition audio not plugged please help.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    No Audio Device plugged Amd high definition audio not plugged please help.: I don't know what happened suddenly my speakers aren't working. I always you HP support assistant to update my drivers. MY model is HP 14s - fq1024 AURyzen 3 5300U. Please help me out. Thanks in advance.Things I did* uninstalling and reinstalling the amd high definition audio...
  4. No Audio Device plugged Amd high definition audio not plugged please help.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    No Audio Device plugged Amd high definition audio not plugged please help.: I don't know what happened suddenly my speakers aren't working. I always you HP support assistant to update my drivers. MY model is HP 14s - fq1024 AURyzen 3 5300U. Please help me out. Thanks in advance.Things I did* uninstalling and reinstalling the amd high definition audio...
  5. Change audio device type

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Change audio device type: Hi, My mic stops working whenever I plug in my earphones.I suspect it's because the device is being recognized as a headset with its own separate mic. I've tried searching other threads for how to change the audio device type but to no avail. Could somebody help me with this?...
  6. Change audio device type

Change audio device type: Hi, My mic stops working whenever I plug in my earphones.I suspect it's because the device is being recognized as a headset with its own separate mic. I've tried searching other threads for how to change the audio device type but to no avail. Could somebody help me with this?...
  7. How to get a popup when device is plugged in audio jack?

How to get a popup when device is plugged in audio jack?: How to get a popup when device is plugged in audio jack? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-get-a-popup-when-device-is-plugged-in-audio/ad966e6d-7ff4-4b91-9297-2f861a91c0db
  8. External audio device detected when no audio device is plugged

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    External audio device detected when no audio device is plugged: My pc detects audio device when no audio device is plugged.I have not plugged any audio device but there is speaker in playback. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/external-audio-device-detected-when-no-audio/1e426f44-a7eb-478f-a523-2eb923a2eb12
  9. High Definition Audio Device - Not Plugged In

High Definition Audio Device - Not Plugged In: Hi, I've been having issues with "High Definition Audio Device". It says that i don't have it plugged in. Methods that i tried: 1. Updating drivers. 2. Reinstalling drivers. 3. Uninstalling drivers, letting Windows auto install it. 4. Commands: DISM.exe /Online...
  10. How to change device when plugged into the audio jack?

How to change device when plugged into the audio jack?: Whenever I plugged in my earphones, the notification would pop saying "You just plugged a device into the audio jack" With this, a window would pop up saying what kind of device I had plugged in and would give out the options: headphones, earphones, headphones with...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. audio input devices are also called what

2. type of audio device plugged in change in windows

3. dts choose what was plugged in audio

4. where to find the type of audio device plugged in information on acer