Windows 10: How to choose which drive to boot from, OUTSIDE of bios.

Discus and support How to choose which drive to boot from, OUTSIDE of bios. in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Hello. I recently built a new system with dual operating systems on different internal ssd's. My question is, is there a way to choose what drive to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by EvanClark3, May 16, 2020.

1. How to choose which drive to boot from, OUTSIDE of bios.

Hello. I recently built a new system with dual operating systems on different internal ssd's. My question is, is there a way to choose what drive to boot before windows starts up? I have a editing side and gaming side and I would like the option to choose which drive to boot from without having to do it in bios each time turn on computer or restart it. Both Drives are installed with windows 10 pro. Thanks in advance....

:)

EvanClark3, May 16, 2020
  2. AsRock Win User

Wondering about a second hard drive and installing Vista on it and also a ..

Annoying having to go into the bios each time though. And for me not a option unless i run 2 arrays.

AsRock, May 16, 2020
  3. Ar3s Win User
    HD 5870 Bios flash failed

mp3 player is in FAT / FAT32 format ?

Set Boot up first to the drive with hiren bootcd 10.4
    Done...

the options will pop out after loading the disc choose

boot cd

then the list (step by step)

Next...
    Dos....
    USB Drivers....
    Load USB Drivers with no386.....

Ask you load cd drivers. NO
    Ask you load SCSI drivers. NO
    Ask you anything NO.
    USB driver list comes out. 8 Don't choose anything else.

type
    C:\ (that should be your mp3 player if you did it right)

atiflash -i
    to list the adapters

atiflash -p -f 0 ???.bin

done.........

4. Mussels Win User

How to choose which drive to boot from, OUTSIDE of bios.

Wondering about a second hard drive and installing Vista on it and also a ..

iv'e had too many problems to list like that, thats why i suggested disconnecting the original drive(s) and using the BIOS to choose what drive to boot from.

Mussels, May 16, 2020
Thema:

How to choose which drive to boot from, OUTSIDE of bios.

1. How to choose which drive to boot from, OUTSIDE of bios. - Similar Threads - choose drive boot

2. Aptio bios not booting from USB Drive

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Aptio bios not booting from USB Drive: I have a Dell Inspiron 14 and does not have any operating system. I have a usb with Windows 10 and there is no option to boot from usb. There is a option to boot a single file but not the whole usb....
  3. Aptio bios not booting from USB Drive

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Aptio bios not booting from USB Drive: I have a Dell Inspiron 14 and does not have any operating system. I have a usb with Windows 10 and there is no option to boot from usb. There is a option to boot a single file but not the whole usb....
  4. Which option should I choose to boot usb drive which contains windows for MSI?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Which option should I choose to boot usb drive which contains windows for MSI?: Hello,I am aware that there are many similar questions to mine, but I could not find one for MSI computers. The boot options are UEFI USB Hard Disk, USB CD/DVD, USB key, and USB Floppy. I am very unfamiliar with all of these terms as I have very little computer experience....
  5. Which option should I choose to boot usb drive which contains windows for MSI?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Which option should I choose to boot usb drive which contains windows for MSI?: Hello,I am aware that there are many similar questions to mine, but I could not find one for MSI computers. The boot options are UEFI USB Hard Disk, USB CD/DVD, USB key, and USB Floppy. I am very unfamiliar with all of these terms as I have very little computer experience....
  6. Which option should I choose to boot usb drive which contains windows for MSI?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  7. which one should i choose to boot my usb drive

which one should i choose to boot my usb drive: Hi I’m trying to upgrade my win10 32bit into win10 64bit, it’s based on 64 processor and the win was activated. I’ve downloading the tool into my 16GB flash drive. The only problem I have is the boot menu. These are the choices on the boot menu(From top to Bottom): LS120,...
  8. Which SGX setting to choose in BIOS

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Which SGX setting to choose in BIOS: I had noticed that even though I had Software Guard Extensions(SGX) set to "Software Controlled" in BIOS, that it wasn't showing up in Device Manager. Then it came to me, that on my last system build(an MSI mainboard with a 6700K) that MSI had included the driver in the...
  9. Need help in setting boot priority in bios... which file to choose??

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    Need help in setting boot priority in bios... which file to choose??: Am trying to change my boot priority options in my bios After selecting the usb drive a second option window in the bios appears asking me to select a file to boot. (see below screenshot) Which of the below file options do I select? [img] 107082
  10. inquiry on how to change BIOs to boot from USB drive

inquiry on how to change BIOs to boot from USB drive: I would like to know if possible -how to change BIOs to boot from USB drive. I have already seen the option when login, option to resume normally or other..and in advanced options the list includes: sys restore sys image recovery startup repair command prompt UEFI...