Windows 10: How to clean files in C:\Windows\servicing\LCU

Discus and support How to clean files in C:\Windows\servicing\LCU in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I found the tool TLPD in another post which finds files having a path length which is too long. Most of my offending files are in this folder:... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Steve C, Sep 7, 2019.

1. Steve C Win User

How to clean files in C:\Windows\servicing\LCU

I found the tool TLPD in another post which finds files having a path length which is too long. Most of my offending files are in this folder:
    C:\Windows\servicing\LCU\Package_for_RollupFix~31bf3856ad364e35~amd64~~17763.678.1.7

How do you safely clean this folder which is probably no longer needed?

:)

Steve C, Sep 7, 2019

2. windows xp installation and dual core am

could someone please list the steps they follow to install windows with a dual core processor and windows xp service pack to. I'm reletively new to amd dual core and i feel i'm missing a step. All help will be appreciated. thanx

exodusprime1337, Sep 7, 2019
  3. What is LCU / SSU

As described in the recent 2 update histories, Microsoft Team can you please elaborate what is SSU and LCU? (Guess: SSU is Servicing Stack Update)

I cannot find a reference for this. Thank you in advance

Important When installing both the SSU (KB4093432) and the LCU updates from the Microsoft Update Catalog,
    install the SSU before installing the LCU.

source: https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/4093107

K. Wester-Ebbinghaus, Sep 7, 2019
  4. How to clean files in C:\Windows\servicing\LCU

What is LCU / SSU

Oh thanks, is it possible not to use these abbreviations on the website?

Another question in this regard. It states that you have to install the SSU before the LCU, but does the LCU include this SSU, and for the next months will this SSU be valid to install before the next LCU because I have missed it in March or April?

K. Wester-Ebbinghaus, Sep 7, 2019
Thema:

How to clean files in C:\Windows\servicing\LCU

1. How to clean files in C:\Windows\servicing\LCU - Similar Threads - clean files WindowsservicingLCU

2. How to clean registry?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    How to clean registry?: hi, I have a lot of leftovers from files I deleted or uninstalled, how do I clean it in registry? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-clean-registry/d18cb75d-6e3e-4059-bf50-1c59e1588556"
  3. Cleaning pdf files

in Windows 10 Customization
    Cleaning pdf files: Does anyone know a good, free program that can get rid of headers and bookmarks on pdf files? 129801
  4. unknown files on C

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    unknown files on C: I noticed today MANY files on C _PatchLink followed by numbers. Says a Cabinet file. What do I need to do https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/unknown-files-on-c/be5b60b8-9013-4fc9-bf35-5d1ba185a7ea"
  5. How to clean system

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    How to clean system: Hi, After un-installing any software, I found that it did not remove completely. It seems to be using some location to keep old settings. I have checked registry but did not find it there. Any idea? At what location it is keeping old history? 120227
  6. Funky file in C? How to ascertain safety to delete?

in Windows 10 Support
    Funky file in C? How to ascertain safety to delete?: So many moons ago ive had something similar bite me in the tail. Not immediately but down the line somewhere in which it was already too late to fix. Nowadays I know where most eveyrthing came from but having just added a macrium PE boot menu, some files were added to my C...
  7. How to Clean Up c:\windows\installer Folder?

in Windows 10 Support
    How to Clean Up c:\windows\installer Folder?: I've just installed Kaspersky Total Security 2017 and enabled Trusted Applications Mode. This asked me to review various files in the c:\windows\installer folders. I noticed there is quite a lot of 'garbage' in this folder including programs I no longer have installed. Is...
  8. How to clean install

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    How to clean install: Hello Ladies and Gents, I just had a question. As a Windows 10 Insider, when we receive the free upgrade to the RTM, how then do I do a clean install? I thought we'd need to burn the iso to a DVD to do that. Thank you. 8273
  9. how and what files should i clean/delete?

in Windows 10 Support
    how and what files should i clean/delete?: Hello, After i upgraded to 10, i notice that it take off afew GB. I try to clean all temp files and shadow copy but still not able to get back the space. What did i miss? 55206
  10. How Can I Find The Number Of Files On C Drive?

in Windows 10 Support
    How Can I Find The Number Of Files On C Drive?: I need to know the number of files, all of them, on C:\ (not the amount of used space). *Tongue 102438

Users found this page by searching for:

1. C:\Windows\servicing\LCU