Windows 10: How to clean system

Discus and support How to clean system in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; Hi, After un-installing any software, I found that it did not remove completely. It seems to be using some location to keep old settings. I have... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by singhmanojkumar, Oct 21, 2018.

1. How to clean system

Hi,

After un-installing any software, I found that it did not remove completely. It seems to be using some location to keep old settings. I have checked registry but did not find it there. Any idea? At what location it is keeping old history?

:)

singhmanojkumar, Oct 21, 2018

2. Windows 10 infinite restart black screen

The tutorials provided are just a list of troubleshooting steps. Use only the steps which apply to you.

Since none of the troubleshooting steps here worked, I'd suggest you do a Clean install.

John

AmericanPharaoh, Oct 21, 2018
  3. Toothless Win User
    Silent boot failure

List your specs out and tell us each step in cleaning you did.

Toothless, Oct 21, 2018
  4. zbook Win User

How to clean system

Programs not working

In post 26 there were steps listed to fix the operating system corruption.
    Are you able to follow them?
    In post 29 was the suggested dism repair command.

zbook, Oct 21, 2018
Thema:

How to clean system

1. How to clean system - Similar Threads - clean system

2. The operating system did not shutdown cleanly. Reconstructing cache metadata.

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    The operating system did not shutdown cleanly. Reconstructing cache metadata.: If <ESC> is pressed then this appears:Then appears a blue screen error that shows the stop code Inaccessible boot device. I tried startup repair, system restore, uninstall update. But nothing worked...
  3. The operating system did not shutdown cleanly. Reconstructing cache metadata.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    The operating system did not shutdown cleanly. Reconstructing cache metadata.: If <ESC> is pressed then this appears:Then appears a blue screen error that shows the stop code Inaccessible boot device. I tried startup repair, system restore, uninstall update. But nothing worked...
  4. The operating system did not shutdown cleanly. Reconstructing cache metadata.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. my system apps look like this after doing a network reset and then a clean boot, those 2...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    my system apps look like this after doing a network reset and then a clean boot, those 2...: winwthey aint showing as normal stuff https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-system-apps-look-like-this-after-doing-a/29601835-3f49-4281-90ee-cb902ce16269
  6. my system apps look like this after doing a network reset and then a clean boot, those 2...

my system apps look like this after doing a network reset and then a clean boot, those 2...: winwthey aint showing as normal stuff https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-system-apps-look-like-this-after-doing-a/29601835-3f49-4281-90ee-cb902ce16269
  7. The system has rebooted without cleanly shutting down first. This error could be caused if...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    The system has rebooted without cleanly shutting down first. This error could be caused if...: I need help, my laptop keeps restarting periodically by itself when it's left alone to idle, or after I close the lid and leave it for a bit. It'll keep restarting periodically until it dies or I start using it again where it would pause the cycle, I can hear it disconnecting...
  8. The system has rebooted without cleanly shutting down first. This error could be caused if...

The system has rebooted without cleanly shutting down first. This error could be caused if...: I need help, my laptop keeps restarting periodically by itself when it's left alone to idle, or after I close the lid and leave it for a bit. It'll keep restarting periodically until it dies or I start using it again where it would pause the cycle, I can hear it disconnecting...
  9. SYSTEM SERVICE EXCEPTION after clean Windows installation

in Windows 10 Gaming
    SYSTEM SERVICE EXCEPTION after clean Windows installation: Hello,Please see the attachments below for the issues I am experiencing. This issue occurs about 1-2 weeks after I do a clean installation of Windows via USB drive. The computer is an Alienware R7 with the following specs:NVIDIA RTX 3070 Graphics CardIntel 8700K I7...
  10. SYSTEM SERVICE EXCEPTION after clean Windows installation

SYSTEM SERVICE EXCEPTION after clean Windows installation: Hello,Please see the attachments below for the issues I am experiencing. This issue occurs about 1-2 weeks after I do a clean installation of Windows via USB drive. The computer is an Alienware R7 with the following specs:NVIDIA RTX 3070 Graphics CardIntel 8700K I7...