Windows 10: How to clean up BCD entries? Rebuild the BCD?

Discus and support How to clean up BCD entries? Rebuild the BCD? in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I have a number of bogus entries in BCD. Plus I cloned my primary Win10-1903 SSD to create a multiboot system, ran EasyBCD and that's what added all... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by dictum, Sep 28, 2019.

1. dictum Win User

How to clean up BCD entries? Rebuild the BCD?

I have a number of bogus entries in BCD.
    Plus I cloned my primary Win10-1903 SSD to create a multiboot system, ran EasyBCD and that's what added all these fake entries. On top of that, it sometimes has trouble booting, I have to hit Cntrl-Alt-Delete to restart the boot process.

I think something is corrupt in the BCD, or all these bad entries among good ones.

I want to try this, can someone explain what exactly it does.

bootrec /rebuildbcd

:)

dictum, Sep 28, 2019
  2. WayneFulp Win User

BCD File Rebuild and BIOS

Our IT department updated my pc to 1803 not realizing that I have an X299 motherboard and a Samsung NVME SSD boot drive. I came in the next day to get the BCD File error BSOD with error code 0xc000098 (a known bug but not fixed a year after discovery).
    Our IT department looked up this issue and decided to rebuild my BCD file and was (we thought) successful implementing this solution. My pc then booted from the previous NVME SSD drive. I had migrated my OS from the 256GB SSD to a new 500gb SSD, both NVME.
    No troubles for a year booting from the 500gb disk and now it boots from the old 256gb drive which I did not wipe on purpose. I boot into the UEFI ASUS bios on the pc and the boot order configuration only lists one option for position 1 to 4. Before each position
    listed each bootable device. First of all why in the world would a Windows update and BCD file rebuild screw with the BIOS and second how do I get the proper C: drive boot with to way to change the boot order in the BIOS?

WayneFulp, Sep 28, 2019
  3. BradA1634 Win User
    Windows 10 BCD Rebuild

So recently my laptop ran in to a Boot BCD error (0xc0000034) and I looked in to fixes for it and was about to reset windows before coming accross a tutorial on how to rebuild the BCD.

I'm currently on the command prompt after entering the bootrec /rebuildbcd and have this:

BradA1634, Sep 28, 2019
  4. AndreePin Win User

Cannot rebuild BCD

Hi,

Since you aren't able to rebuild the Boot Configuration Database or BCD, kindly follow the instructions provided by
    Deepika Gowda through this link.

Let us know how it goes.

AndreePin, Sep 28, 2019
Thema:

1. How to clean up BCD entries? Rebuild the BCD? - Similar Threads - clean BCD entries

2. Help with BCD Recovery Entry Point Error

in Windows 10 Support
    Help with BCD Recovery Entry Point Error: I've been trying to enable the recovery environment but so far have been unsuccessful. [img] This is the previous thread that has not provided a solution: Can I Delete These 2 Recovery Partitions? I've taken a look at the reagentc error logs and discovered the warning...
  3. boot BCD 0xc0000034

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    boot BCD 0xc0000034: ช่วยทีครับคอมขึ้น boot BCD 0xc0000034 แล้วพอเปิดไว้สักพักเครื่องรีสต๊าทตลอดเลย แล้วก็ปิดเครื่องไม่ได้ ปิดปุ๊ปก็เปิดใหม่ตลอดต้องถอดปลั๊กอย่างเดียว https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/boot-bcd-0xc0000034/f8ad963c-967b-4462-b369-f966c84c60b8
  4. hard disk BCD lock

in Windows 10 Customization
    hard disk BCD lock: After installing June test mode update my pc ran into major problem .hard disk does not shows on bios .so guys please help me to solve this problem [ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/hard-disk-bcd-lock/85ffdf59-3d0f-4b9b-8d2b-56d394914290
  5. How To Fix No BCD File?

in Windows 10 Support
    How To Fix No BCD File?: I have searched the forum and there's lots of hits. But very tedious going through them looking for the one that fits. If someone know which thread answers my problem then perhaps they could give me a link to it. This Win10 computer won't boot since a power outage last...
  6. BCD File Rebuild and BIOS

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    BCD File Rebuild and BIOS: Our IT department updated my pc to 1803 not realizing that I have an X299 motherboard and a Samsung NVME SSD boot drive. I came in the next day to get the BCD File error BSOD with error code 0xc000098 (a known bug but not fixed a year after discovery). Our IT department...
  7. Unable to rebuild BCD, unable to export BCD (0 Installations found, common solutions do...

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Unable to rebuild BCD, unable to export BCD (0 Installations found, common solutions do...: I think I have now tried every solution out there, none works. I tried to update to 1803, which killed my PC, unable to boot, error code 0xc0000225 (among others, switches habitually) So I tried to rebuild BCD, but it always say 0 installations found. Tried to export bcd...
  8. Alphanumeric object in the DVD BCD

Alphanumeric object in the DVD BCD: Hi After putting the DVD of Windows 10 in a DVD player and executing the command Code: C:\WINDOWS\system32>bcdedit /store "D:\boot\bcd" Windows Boot Manager -------------------- identifier {bootmgr} description Windows Boot Manager locale en-US inherit {globalsettings}...
  9. BCD / boot.ini Deleted HELP

BCD / boot.ini Deleted HELP: When I bumped up to build 10074 I had some issues (clean install) that ended up with me aborting and starting over. The second attempt worked fine except for one strange anomaly in which I ended up in a dual boot situation (both OS choices were Win10.10074 but the second...
  10. Can't rebuild bcd or boot into uefi

Can't rebuild bcd or boot into uefi: I get error code 0xc000000f when i boot into windows from the install disk I did a ubuntu install that went bad now when i try to boot up windows it goes to the grub command line. so far i tried these bootrec /fixboot (doesnt fail) bootrec /fixmbr (doesnt fail) bootrec...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. clean uo easybcd