Windows 10: How to clean up mess from deleting a program file?

Discus and support How to clean up mess from deleting a program file? in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Yeah so pretty much the title. I can't find what I''m supposed to delete using revo uninstaller so I'm asking if there's anything else. I've also... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/taejuice, Aug 28, 2020.

1. How to clean up mess from deleting a program file?

Yeah so pretty much the title. I can't find what I''m supposed to delete using revo uninstaller so I'm asking if there's anything else. I've also reinstalled windows while keeping all my apps saved. Is there anything I can do to wipe the mess of files left behind by program file deletion?

submitted by /u/taejuice
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/taejuice, Aug 28, 2020
  2. KBD
    KBD Win User

Plz recomend program to recover deleted files.

Let me try what you guys suggested, i am willing to pay for the program to get the files back.

3. Alden Rey Win User
    deleting hard drive files

Hi,

May we know what type of file are you trying to delete? Would it be Office documents, media files, or picture files? If you're trying to delete files for free some space on your device. We suggest to perform a Disc Cleanup. Kindly follow the steps below to
    perform the task:

• Type in Cortana Disc Cleanup
    • Choose the files to delete
    • Click on "Clean up system files"
    • Click on Ok

For any concerns, don't hesitate to get back to us.

Regards.

Alden Rey, Aug 28, 2020
  4. xman2007 Win User

How to clean up mess from deleting a program file?

Cannot delete files in Temp

im quite sure none of them are spyware perflib perfdata is just a temp file created by windows (or maybe a program you have installed) ive had the same thing and after a while of googling found them to be harmless i think they will dissapear on there own or you can delete them when there no longer needed by the system, try a washer program and see if that gets rid of them, i used to use a trial version of window washer but havent used this in a while so dont know weather they still do a trial or wether it comes with any kind of spyware as its a trial. but a washing program usually cleans everything if its a good one.

also try booting into safemode as administrator and deleting the files.

xman2007, Aug 28, 2020
Thema:

How to clean up mess from deleting a program file?

1. How to clean up mess from deleting a program file? - Similar Threads - clean mess deleting

2. Disk clean up is not deleting files

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Disk clean up is not deleting files: When I run Disk Clean-up it does not delete the files I have selected.I run Clean Up and then re-boot and still there 8gig + of files.How can I delete the file Clean Up does not?...
  3. Disk clean up is not deleting files

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Disk clean up is not deleting files: When I run Disk Clean-up it does not delete the files I have selected.I run Clean Up and then re-boot and still there 8gig + of files.How can I delete the file Clean Up does not?...
  4. Clean boot mess up.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Clean boot mess up.: My laptop kept crashing for the past few times so I went to try and do a clean boot. Apparently, after the restart, I can't sign in or use my pin number. A reset doesn't seem to work nor system repair. Is there anything I can do or I gotta get a new laptop?...
  5. Clean boot mess up.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Clean boot mess up.: My laptop kept crashing for the past few times so I went to try and do a clean boot. Apparently, after the restart, I can't sign in or use my pin number. A reset doesn't seem to work nor system repair. Is there anything I can do or I gotta get a new laptop?...
  6. How do I clean up a messed up FileHistory

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    How do I clean up a messed up FileHistory: This is a little complicated. It involves the File History option of Windows 10. As I understand it, the File History copies the files to a backup media and makes a corresponding 'support file' that points to the backup copy of the file. My problem is I messed this up and...
  7. Messed up and deleted 'WindowsApps' in C:/Program Files

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Messed up and deleted 'WindowsApps' in C:/Program Files: Ok so basically, I had an issue with movies and TVs which is unrelated to this, having no luck fixing it regularly I got ownership of the WindowsApps folder and went to town, AKA deleted all of it thinking SFC would just repair everything, TLDR - it didn't, now literally none...
  8. I messed up a clean boot

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    I messed up a clean boot: Something was wrong with my computer so i tried to do a clean boot. I messed up and accidentally disabled all programs and restarted the computer so now my computer wont let me login. It keeps saying my passwords incorrect and there is no internet connection. I did...
  9. HOW TO CLEAN UP AN EXTERNAL DRIVE FROM DELETED FILES

in Windows 10 Customization
    HOW TO CLEAN UP AN EXTERNAL DRIVE FROM DELETED FILES: HOW TO CLEAN UP AN EXTERNAL DRIVE FROM DELETED FILES OR DEFREGMENT https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-clean-up-an-external-drive-from-deleted/f46dc7ce-95ca-4db4-97cc-37f1ddb52a7f
  10. How to clean up this mess?

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    How to clean up this mess?: I just completed the Win10 Anniversary Update on my laptop. Doing that is another story - but this is what my boot drive looks like now: [img] This system was originally Win8 (I know, i should change the drive name) which i updated to Win10 when that came out. I never...